1. Trading Up In 2006 NFL Draft To Select Chad Jackson
2. Giving Away Top Draft Capital For Mohamed Sanu
3. Patriots Get Next To Nothing For Chandler Jones
4. Derrick Burgess Trade Turns Into A Flop
5. Star Wideout Chad Ochocinco Flames Out With Patriots
6. Albert Haynesworth Doesn’t Last Long With Patriots
7. Duane Starks Doesn’t Fill Void In Secondary
8. Not Getting Nearly Enough Back For Jimmy Garoppolo

Disagree with the last one. There weren't any tangible reports out there other than speculation from the Browns beat writer that the Patriots were offered a first rounder for JG and I have a really hard time believing any team would want to give up a first rounder for a guy who played not even 6 quarters of meaningful football before injury.

Hard to argue against the rest of them. I'd actually put the Deion Branch trade in 06 near the top. Surprised they missed that one. It was effectively a trade for Brandon Meriweather. The outcome of that trade was Patriots had no receivers in 2006 and still got to the AFC Championship game so it's easy to imagine they would have beaten Fivehead and then the Bears in the SB if Branch stayed.

I didn't really like the Cooks trade that much. It was effectively a trade for Isaiah Wynn and the Patriots haven't had any deep threat receiver like Cooks since we traded him away.

Last edited:
Bill the GM has a very long history of taking way less than full value in order to help out coaching cronies or coaching cronies kids. It's downright criminal, and if the Patriots were a publicly traded entity, Bill the GM would face shareholder action. Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel for a second rounder? Jimmy Garrapolo for a second rounder? Chandler Jones for a second rounder and a guy who never played for the Pats?

The ripple effect from that N'Keal Harry pick is crazy.

Bill drafts N'Keal Harry over Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Dionte Johnson who were all on the board.

After it becomes apparent Harry can't play Bill spends $9 million on Antonio Brown the next season for one game before that situation implodes.

Bill then gets fleeced in a desperation trade for Sanu who contributed almost nothing.

Obviously it can never be proven but if Bill drafted one of those receivers I think Brady would have been much more likely to stay. The amount of resources that went into finding a true number one receiver in Brady's final years is brutal.

Last edited:
Not Getting Nearly Enough Back For Jimmy Garoppolo and Chandler Jones is the height of fan stupidity.

The open market determines what a team gets in return for a player… not team desire, not fan desire.

Have you meatballs writing or believing this ever watched an episode of Pawn Stars?

Good grief.

Bill drafts N'Keal Harry over Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Dionte Johnson who were all on the board.

After it becomes apparent Harry can't play Bill spends $9 million on Antonio Brown the next season for one game before that situation implodes.

Bill then gets fleeced in a desperation trade for San who contributed almost nothing.

Obviously it can never be proven but if Bill drafted one of those receivers I think Brady would have been much more likely to stay. The amount of resources that went into finding a true number one receiver in Brady's final years is brutal.
This wasn’t a trade.

Not Getting Nearly Enough Back For Jimmy Garoppolo and Chandler Jones is the height of fan stupidity.

The open market determines what a team gets in return for a player… not team desire, not fan desire.

Have you meatballs writing or believing this ever watched an episode of Pawn Stars?

Good grief.
This thread was basically a Bat Signal for Matt "Wozzy" Chatham to come in here crying.

The Browns-Garoppolo thing was reported by a single Cleveland writer known more for his basketball and baseball work. It has been confirmed by absolutely nobody and refuted by Ian Rapoport, who accused former Browns GM Sashi Brown of planting the story to save face after he was fired. How is it still being reported as undeniable fact this many years later?

Bill then gets fleeced in a desperation trade for Sanu who contributed almost nothing.

Even worse, we could have had any two of Samuel, Brown, Metcalf, or McLaurin. The Draft board was high on all three of Debo, Brown, and Metcalf at the time. Instead, what we got were Harry and Joejuan Williams. With the defense we had that year, we’re likely repeating as champs again in 2019 if we go that route.

The Browns-Garoppolo thing was reported by a single Cleveland writer known more for his basketball and baseball work. It has been confirmed by absolutely nobody and refuted by Ian Rapoport, who accused former Browns GM Sashi Brown of planting the story to save face after he was fired. How is it still being reported as undeniable fact this many years later
There were numerous reports Bill could have gotten more for Garoppolo than he did. He definitely could have gotten more had he not waited until Halloween of that season and traded him in that prior offseason.
Barnwell: The Jimmy G trade dominoes

NFL executives suggested the Patriots would get a first-round pick in a Garoppolo deal. The Pats were reportedly asking for two first-round picks, but were willing to settle for the first overall pick. The Pats reportedly turned down an overture from the Browns during the first round of the draft for Garoppolo.

Why Browns had no chance for Garoppolo -- Pluto

Truth is: The Browns (and everyone else but San Francisco) never had a chance to discuss a Garoppolo deal. I know that Brown was willing to part with Houston's first-round pick and other goodies. He would have been willing to help Belichick shop around for a backup quarterback to help the trade work.

Schefter: Garoppolo Traded To 49ers Because They Would "Do Right" By Him

As for Billy O there was Breer's report in November 2022 that O'Brien wanted to be an OC in the NFL again and namely New England.

Albert Breer explained why Bill O'Brien could return to the Patriots in 2023

There was also the report from Seth Wickersham in 2021 about Billy O engineering his way out of Houston because the thought there was a chance he could end up coaching in New England again and potentially taking over for Bill.

Bill O'Brien was trying to get fired by Texans to take over for Bill Belichick in New England, book reveals

Obviously no one will ever know for sure but I have a hard time believing that if Bill picked up the phone in the spring of 2022 and asked Bill O'Brien to be his OC last year that Billy O would have turned him down.

Even worse, we could have had any two of Samuel, Brown, Metcalf, or McLaurin. The Draft board was high on all three of Debo, Brown, and Metcalf at the time. Instead, what we got were Harry and Joejuan Williams. With the defense we had that year, we’re likely repeating as champs again in 2019 if we go that route.
That 2019 draft was an all time bad draft. The 2017-2019 drafting just completely depleted the roster and arguably cost us at least one chance at another ring.

This thread was basically a Bat Signal for Matt "Wozzy" Chatham to come in here crying.
It’s literally your chance to come here crying… N’Keal wasn’t a trade, stick to topic.

But September on Patriot’s forums are usually negative nancy paradise.

It’s literally your chance to come here crying… N’Keal wasn’t a trade, stick to topic.

But September on Patriot’s forums are usually negative nancy paradise.
Yes because one thing never affects another. If you don't like the topic of the thread then leave. We certainly never miss your "wisdom".

Yes because one thing never affects another. If you don't like the topic of the thread then leave. We certainly never miss your "wisdom".
You’ll never miss an opportunity to remind us about N’Keal.

Brady bears no responsibility, not for AB, Sanu, not for getting Arians fired. Fanboys can’t be consistent.
So then according to you Bill is a push over and letting players dictate personnel moves?

So then according to you Bill is a push over and letting players dictate personnel moves?
Bill tried to satisfy his franchise QB who was pouting on the sideline and in postgames of wins.

And btw, I said the Sanu trade was horrible in real-time. I said Brady was wrong for demanding him, I said BB was wrong for agreeing to it.

At that time I was screaming for Brady to trust a rookie named Jakobi Meyers. You negative nancy’s were telling me he sucked even though midseason he had caught 70 something percent of his targets. Years later the same negative types are complaining about Juju and suggesting Meyers is the next coming of Larry Fitzgerald.

If it were raining money, you would be complaining quarters were hitting you on the head… and it would be BB’s fault.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back