PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson Suspended 4 games to Start the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PED isn't necessarily Test/a Test variant. It's possible it's growth hormone/HGH. IMHO if administered by an approved physician for a specific injury medical need under strict guidelines limitations and duration, I think it should be allowed (not saying Watson falls into this category). You frighteningly blow out your knee in a game and HGH will best help heal it -- and if true(?) HGH will help it -- I don't see this as a "performance enhancing edge" like using Test. I see this as trying to provide a best fix possible to a gruesome injury caused by a violent sport.
Just my opinion...

Or am I blind and just missed it again?

Look..it's an azzhead policy enforced by the biggest azzole in sports history...the damnable ultra-hypocrite, Roger Stokoe Goodell.Every single time the Patriots take a shot from this scumbag shythole commisoner's office, we sit around here and pro/con the ramifications. The speed,agility and musculature of today's NFL players DEMAND the use of these performance enhancing substances and you all know it. This is all about the goddamned pathological lying MORON holding to a standard that is in essence RIDICULOUS and then enforcing his ****in' harebrained "rules' as he sees (article 46) fit. Time for Roger Scumbagdell to get a punch in the face, a boot in the azz and "screw beat it, jerkoff" sendoff...out of the league and OUR passionate football fan lives. Sick of this jerkoff, this rich kid punk run amok like he's some kind of ****in emperor. My d!ck gets hard just thinking about smashing him in the mouth.

drink more white lightning...you eyesight will come back...:eek:

...Sick of this jerkoff, this rich kid punk run amok like he's some kind of ****in emperor. My d!ck gets hard just thinking about smashing him in the mouth.
whoa-there-friendo-lets-calm-down-28966442.png

fa725cb2b10c155d2f43676d6246a186.jpg

Despite all the rhetoric, I like Watson's candor on this matter.. many times this stuff happens without context, leaving fans to speculate.

To take complete responsibility and explain why he did it is refreshing..

Perhaps Gronk can anticipate his return...play the first 4 games ?

TB12

Guacamole heals the body.

Ok, so we start the season 3-1 and then we get Watson at TE.

By week 15, we're 12-2 and Gronk comes out of retirement to get ready for playoffs.

Works for me.:D

Agree with the sentiment, but you can't come out of retirement in week 15. I believe there's a cutoff (week 13?).

Another one, last year Edelman and now Watson.

Go Pats

I may be wrong, but my understanding of the NFL’s testing for teatosterone is that it only flags very significantly elevated testosterone. Typically, someone prescribed testosterone for homone replacement therapy would only be given enough to return to a normal level. A 22 yo elite male athlete probably has much higher testosterone levels than the average middle aged guy. And then the NFL provides some additional leeway bc some people naturally have abnormally high testosterone. So the allowable level of testosterone is very high. So for a 38yo retiring from the NFL to elevate his T above this very high threshold and get a positive? I have a hard time believing it was to treat low testosterone or depression or low libido or whatever. On the other hand, I really dont care and I think virtually everyone in the NFL is on some PED.
They measure the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, not the testosterone levels.

Your body makes both, in a near 1:1 ratio. People who take testosterone supplements alter the ratio and are easily spotted.

Look..it's an azzhead policy enforced by the biggest azzole in sports history...the damnable ultra-hypocrite, Roger Stokoe Goodell.Every single time the Patriots take a shot from this scumbag shythole commisoner's office, we sit around here and pro/con the ramifications. The speed,agility and musculature of today's NFL players DEMAND the use of these performance enhancing substances and you all know it. This is all about the goddamned pathological lying MORON holding to a standard that is in essence RIDICULOUS and then enforcing his ****in' harebrained "rules' as he sees (article 46) fit. Time for Roger Scumbagdell to get a punch in the face, a boot in the azz and "screw beat it, jerkoff" sendoff...out of the league and OUR passionate football fan lives. Sick of this jerkoff, this rich kid punk run amok like he's some kind of ****in emperor. My d!ck gets hard just thinking about smashing him in the mouth.

I'm certainly not defending Goodell, but let's not pretend that suspensions for PEDs and drugs didn't exist before him, or don't exist in the other major sports.

4 game suspension means championship so I take the trade.
More roster flexibility early in the season. Guy #54 on the roster who might get scooped up by another team at cut downs becomes guy #53 on the roster and getting cut week 5 means he is more likely to stay on practice squad, if eligible as other teams rosters are set......
Just my rose colored glasses spin on ti....

Somewhere in America, Matty LaCost & his agent are going:

The lord of light will guide us!
This ****er is the only one who has gone unscathed in the debacle with GOT ending. I mean he burned a kid for Christ sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back