PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson signs with NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 3 mill probably something like 1-1-1-, 1 mill signing, 1 mill base 1 mill in incentives.
...and the guarantee SHOULD be no more than $200k

Personally I'd rather hear that they were signing him to be the TE's coach, because I think he'll be more valuable in that position.

Not to take away anything from Ben, but 38 is 38 and this is NOT a non-contact kind of position like QB. I was kind of warming to the idea of Andrew Beck being our rookie TE. I read where he ran a 4.55 40. That's pretty exciting for a 6'4 260lb TE with very little TE experience at Tx due to injuries.

Now it looks like our 3 TE's are going to be ASJ, Lacosse, and Ben. Squeezed out will be Beck and Izzo.

I hope we still explore the DT market right now.

All of those guys except for Suh and Wilkerson should be very cheap, and I want nothing to do with Suh. Looks like Bennie Logan is still out there; he seems better than Shelton at the same role.

Welcome to New England Ben.

Good seafood.

Those of you who've been deriding Ian R. can now rest easy, as Schefter has also tweeted it.

Well ****

Agree but Kraft is on record as saying they will never do that. They put players in the Pats HoF as opposed to retiring #s.

With that said, its very difficult to imagine someone besides Tom wearing #12 ever again. #87 I can see.....but #12 is a whole different level of consideration.
I'm pretty sure Tommy will be a huge exception. :D

The consummate Pro returns, welcome back Benjamin

RE6JPGHZRYI6JOBZHZLIU76NDU.jpg

Wow our TE Position is now Deep again really want Rayn Izzo to make it now he has to show something. That said Ben Watson can still run and catch with the best of them he also keeps his body in Great shape.

One of my truly all time favorite people who have played for the Patriots.

I assume Brady to Watson will be the first 80 year old TD in NFL history?

Edit: oops just saw the previous post

He's too old....:rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather hear that they were signing him to be the TE's coach, because I think he'll be more valuable in that position.

Not to take away anything from Ben, but 38 is 38 and this is NOT a non-contact kind of position like QB. I was kind of warming to the idea of Andrew Beck being our rookie TE. I read where he ran a 4.55 40. That's pretty exciting for a 6'4 260lb TE with very little TE experience at Tx due to injuries.

Now it looks like our 3 TE's are going to be ASJ, Lacosse, and Ben. Squeezed out will be Beck and Izzo.
None of those 3 have made the team yet.

OK. Chance to be league average at TE.
Athletic option at his peak with major injury concerns. Check.
Professional who works hard and offers a strong locker room presence. Check.
Young untapped player from another team. Check.
Couple of undrafted rookies hustling to try to make the team? Check.

They won’t be top ten. But there is enough competition that they should have decent options in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back