PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson signs with NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he signs, come home buddy.

A professional player, past his prime, but still somewhat productive, fantastic in the locker room - Seems like a natural fit.

Prodigal son returns.

Yeah, he's old, but he was productive with the Saints. One year of ASJ and Watson is good enough, even if it's worse than any year with Gronk (even 2018, IMO)

Gotta use a cliche here, but it's up to all receivers to replace Gronk. We can't have another year where on Edelman is able to get separation

Prodigal son returns.

Yeah, he's old, but he was productive with the Saints. One year of ASJ and Watson is good enough, even if it's worse than any year with Gronk (even 2018, IMO)

Gotta use a cliche here, but it's up to all receivers to replace Gronk. We can't have another year where on Edelman is able to get separation

Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks Watson's coming here to replace Gronkowski.

But at least you have to COVER Watson with SOMEONE. You can't let him stumble around in your secondary Matt Lengel-style. And he can kinda block. Especially for today's TEs.

Class act. Really good person. Intelligent. Great for the locker room. Already has a baseline understanding of the offense.

But sorry....I'm just not interested in the player anymore.

In BB I trust.

Class act. Really good person. Intelligent. Great for the locker room. Already has a baseline understanding of the offense.

But sorry....I'm just not interested in the player anymore.

In BB I trust.
Depends on your expectations, I guess.

Depends on your expectations, I guess.
He's a backup and I'm fine with that. You can argue everyone they've brought in at TE is a backup.

As far as I can tell, he'd be our most productive TE by far based on the last few years only. During that overrated 2017 season ASJ had, Watson put up even better numbers. I think he can play as long as he wants to.

He can perform the Allen role without any dropoff and may be trusted as a receiver with more regularity. He can't play major snaps anymore but he's fine, you're not really going to do better in free agency at this point.

Can he block at this point? Not that he was ever a great blocker.

At this point if he is brought on board his background in the offense gives him a heads up but make no mistake he would have to earn his roster spot.
Belichick isnt going off his past accomplishments.
This is intriguing

Can he block at this point? Not that he was ever a great blocker.
Everything I've read says hes still functional and willing.

Thats the #1 thing they will miss this year....the edge blocking by Gronk and Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back