PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson signs with NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im the only one but the Pats should go back to the old logo.

Pat kinda looks like Marky Mark Wahlberg.

800px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png
Disagree.

I mean that image looks fine up close but what about TV distances?

73723168-300x206.jpg

You can't actually make it out. If you didn't already know you were looking at Pat you'd have no idea what that was. It just looks like 2 blue blotches and an extra hole in the helmet The fact that the Patriots used white or silver helmets is not helpful either, because there is just no contrast to make Pat actually visible. And this was back in the 70s and 80s when there's no resolution worth a damn on most home television sets. I don't imagine it's any clearer from the stands.

Bottom line, there might as well be no logo at all on these helmets.

Now compare that to today's logo which has clean lines, contrasts well with the uniform colors we use, and is actually visible and discernable from the distances that cameras actually use to show football games, and can even be recognized from the nosebleed seats

ap-patriots-chiefs-football-2.jpg

Call me a bit of a crank but I'm perfectly happy with the team's logo situation.

He'll generate interest from multiple teams, so the contract could become an issue.
what is he realistically looking at when nobody wants to take on his current contract?

Disagree.

I mean that image looks fine up close but what about TV distances?

73723168-300x206.jpg

You can't actually make it out. If you didn't already know you were looking at Pat you'd have no idea what that was. It just looks like 2 blue blotches and an extra hole in the helmet The fact that the Patriots used white or silver helmets is not helpful either, because there is just no contrast to make Pat actually visible. And this was back in the 70s and 80s when there's no resolution worth a damn on most home television sets. I don't imagine it's any clearer from the stands.

Bottom line, there might as well be no logo at all on these helmets.

Now compare that to today's logo which has clean lines, contrasts well with the uniform colors we use, and is actually visible and discernable from the distances that cameras actually use to show football games, and can even be recognized from the nosebleed seats

ap-patriots-chiefs-football-2.jpg

Call me a bit of a crank but I'm perfectly happy with the team's logo situation.
I like the old logo on t-shirts rather than the new because I like anything retro.

I do think the Pats need to tweak their uniforms but not the logo. The stripes on the shoulder pads need to go. The home jersey has grey stripes but blue with a red trim on the torso’s. At least their road jerseys match the shoulder pad stripe to the torso stripes. I also don’t like their road socks. Their 90’s jerseys/pants had way better pop of colors then the current ones. The colors are boring and dull.

More recently though he was super productive for the Saints. Also brings great leadership qualities. Brady, Edelman and him are superb positive accountability guys to lead the way when times get challenging. He is extremely smart. If you have ever seen him speak, he is so articulate.

I'm not opposed to bringing him onboard. He's an impressive individual and it's important to have that kind of person around.

Color me surprised, but if he has something left in the tank, we'll take it!

I hope you were there with other Pats fans with whom you could share the post-game melancholia...between that game and SB42, you've been witness to two of the biggest soul-crushers in the Tom Brady Dynasty, so I also hope you've seen a couple of the better moments too.
I was at SB46 too.

And the Indy AFCC loss whete the Pat's would have slaughtered the Bears in the Super bowl and Bledsoes last full game as a Patriot 9/4/01 and the Spygate game and the other Denver playoff loss when Talib hurt Welker and Minneapolis super bowl though I didn't get in. I watched the game with Snoop Dogs body guards.

Probably some other games too

what is he realistically looking at when nobody wants to take on his current contract?

You'd have to ask his agent. But there are teams out there with money to spend and an ability to use a player of Rudolph's position and ability.

I was at SB46 too.

And the Indy AFCC loss whete the Pat's would have slaughtered the Bears in the Super bowl and Bledsoes last full game as a Patriot 9/4/01 and the Spygate game and the other Denver playoff loss when Talib hurt Welker and Minneapolis super bowl though I didn't get in. I watched the game with Snoop Dogs body guards.

Probably some other games too

Have you attended any Pats...wins?

Because if you haven't, then we need to discuss your attending any more road PO games or SBs...

Have you attended any Pats...wins?

Because if you haven't, then we need to discuss your attending any more road PO games or SBs...
Yes

Both Steelers wins in 16 and 17. The Chargers Kaeding missed FG. Marty was 14 - 2 and was fired.

More games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back