PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson signs with NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I agree with Watson on everything, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. He's a great guy.

Love his activism, his anti abortion stances probably cost him money in endorsements over the years. It is great to see a man put his ideals before even more money. I think Michael Jordan wasted an opportunity to be a spokesmen as an heir to Russell, Jabbar, Ali, Jim Brown in addressing black concerns in the US, but he chose even more of the money instead.

Agree but Kraft is on record as saying they will never do that. They put players in the Pats HoF as opposed to retiring #s.

With that said, its very difficult to imagine someone besides Tom wearing #12 ever again. #87 I can see.....but #12 is a whole different level of consideration.
You don't see anyone wearing #57..steve nelson or #56...andrea tippet

You don't see anyone wearing #57..steve nelson or #56...andrea tippet
True. I dont think 73 has been used in a long time. Someone wore it right after he retired and I remember thinking that was weird.

Turning point in the game.

I was there.
It was a tough break but Brady just could not figure out that defense. The INT was really disappointing. You know you’re overmatched when you hope the refs cut you a break.

True. I dont think 73 has been used in a long time. Someone wore it right after he retired and I remember thinking that was weird.
I forgot about john hannahs #73. Ive seen these numbers worn during training camp by rookies until the season starts.

For anyone curious, the official list of retired numbers is 20, 40, 56, 57, 73, 78, 79, 89. 4 seems like it might be unofficially retired, but hard to say because the single digits are rarely used.

For anyone curious, the official list of retired numbers is 20, 40, 56, 57, 73, 78, 79, 89. 4 seems like it might be unofficially retired, but hard to say because the single digits are rarely used.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see all numbers unretired. Patriots HoF is enough of an honor. Let new players make the numbers iconic again.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see all numbers unretired. Patriots HoF is enough of an honor. Let new players make the numbers iconic again.
12 should never be worn again. Number retirement should be a very very high honor.

Without cheating

20 Gino Capaletti
40 Mike Haynes
56 Andre Tippet - I met him at the NEP of AZ fan club first Giants Super Bowl. The season he made the HOF. i was wearing his jersey purely by accident and he autographed it, but its gone because I washed it. Met NEM too.
57 Steve Nelson
73 Hog
78 Bruce Armstrong
79 ?
89 Bob Dee

Without cheating

20 Gino Capaletti
40 Mike Haynes
56 Andre Tippet - I met him at the NEP of AZ fan club first Giants Super Bowl. The season he made the HOF. i was wearing his jersey purely by accident and he autographed it, but its gone because I washed it. Met NEM too.
57 Steve Nelson
73 Hog
78 Bruce Armstrong
79 ?
89 Bob Dee

Jim Lee Hunt would be your missing piece.

Im the only one but the Pats should go back to the old logo.

Pat kinda looks like Marky Mark Wahlberg.

800px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

Im the only one but the Pats should go back to the old logo.

Pat kinda looks like Marky Mark Wahlberg.

800px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png
Please don't get Actual Patfan going....

Turning point in the game.

I was there.
I hope you were there with other Pats fans with whom you could share the post-game melancholia...between that game and SB42, you've been witness to two of the biggest soul-crushers in the Tom Brady Dynasty, so I also hope you've seen a couple of the better moments too.

Looking more like he will be released as talks reportedly have broken down. If so, I would be interested.

Looking more like he will be released as talks reportedly have broken down. If so, I would be interested.

He'll generate interest from multiple teams, so the contract could become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes