PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben roethlisberger on the last few mins of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things:
  • The Steelers had over three minutes to come up with a play or six while they were reviewing the TD. Instead of looking at the replays over and over on the scoreboard, Tomlin, Roethlisberger, and Haley should have been discussing strategy.
  • He shouldn't have spiked the ball. He had time for another play. If he spiked the ball, the only option would be to try to tie the game and go into overtime.
  • It is Roethlisberger's fault. He should have just thrown the ball out of bounds and not into triple coverage.

To add one - as stated by Mike Lombardi - why throw a ball chest height like that at the goal line? Put it 1 foot off the ground so that it's either caught or incomplete. It's incompetent QB play to throw a ball like that to risk it being tipped.

If he was going to go with that lie, he should have said it immediately in the postgame instead of trying to throw his coaches under the bus. But hey, if they want to let this continue to simmer in their heads by coming up with and having to defend new lies, that's good with me.
When I think of Ben, one word comes to mind.

Fraud.

FWIW, I actually believe that the Steelers didn't mean to signal timeout, and that in Ben's mind he was just asking his coach whether he wanted a timeout (apparently not trusting the coach to signal for one if he wanted one).

The problem is, of course, that a QB racing down the field repeatedly making the "timeout" sign is requesting a timeout. Duh. Imagine if every time the refs saw a QB signal timeout they strolled over to clarify first, letting seconds tick away?

Just another symptom of the team's chaos and lack of preparation for situational football.

FWIW, I actually believe that the Steelers didn't mean to signal timeout, and that in Ben's mind he was just asking his coach whether he wanted a timeout (apparently not trusting the coach to signal for one if he wanted one).

The problem is, of course, that a QB racing down the field repeatedly making the "timeout" sign is requesting a timeout. Duh. Imagine if every time the refs saw a QB signal timeout they strolled over to clarify first, letting seconds tick away?

Just another symptom of the team's chaos and lack of preparation for situational football.
What is crystal clear to me are two things.

After 14 years as an NFL QB Ben is a moron

Ben does not have confidence in Tomlin as a game manager

Last edited:
you probably shouldn't read that story about the ONE Michigan county that had 890 something serial rapists discovered after someone started actually testing all the rapekits the police were just tossing into storage.

but that's for a different thread.

Ben is a whiny little brat, and i hope his legs fall off.
Jeez... that's so awful. Stuff like that is why I read the sports page first.

ben is so unlikable...how can he say with a straight face he didn't want a time out where there is video of the game where he is running down the field calling for the TO. Is he delusional??
It’s simple. He has only been playing football for about 25 years and so he thinks that running up the field signaling time out means you are asking your coach if he would like to call one.

So when does it come out that Ben was heroically playing through some previously undisclosed injury?

To that point, there was a second moment in the game where Ben was slow to get up, and Nance started being concerned for his health. Romo wasn't having it and scoffed, "oh I'm sure he'll be alright." Clear to see what Romo thinks of his antics.

To that point, there was a second moment in the game where Ben was slow to get up, and Nance started being concerned for his health. Romo wasn't having it and scoffed, "oh I'm sure he'll be alright." Clear to see what Romo thinks of his antics.

this is the same Ben who went to a press conference wearing a walking boot. and was miraculously fine for the game.

lets see how longer this week the finger pointing keeps on going.

Now Haley is speaking his peace.

My god. These quotes are as of yesterday. It must be a form of therapy for these guys. They MUST keep talking about it. God forbid they say, "We have exhausted the analysis with last Sunday's game. I'm here to talk about our next game.".

“There are lots of times we have two plays called in the huddle,” Haley said, via Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “That was an incomplete or out of bounds situation. You cannot, in that situation, get caught in the field of play. We call plays accordingly. That normally would be [Antonio Brown] coming across the field, which would get a lot of attention. We had four guys in the end zone. They made us hot, which they hadn’t done all day. We probably have to make sure Hey-Bey gets out of bounds or get the ball thrown away.

“We don’t want the ball on the field of play there without a timeout,” Haley continued. “I’m never going to question Ben or Ben’s decision of thinking Hey-Bey could get out of bounds. But as far as scenario, we’re in an incomplete or out of bounds situation. The clock will not be running if things go the way they’re supposed to go. You’re getting the guys on the field for each particular play you want on the field. You’re counting on having three shots at the end zone.”

Haley also addressed why Martavis Bryant, who had caught a red zone touchdown earlier in the game, was not on the field during the game's final moments.

“Tay hadn’t practiced where he would have been,” Haley said. “We didn’t feel comfortable with him being in there.”

Haley: Ben's completion to Heyward-Bey was worst case scenario

Now Haley is speaking his peace.

My god. These quotes are as of yesterday. It must be a form of therapy for these guys. They MUST keep talking about it. God forbid they say, "We have exhausted the analysis with last Sunday's game. I'm here to talk about our next game.".

Haley: Ben's completion to Heyward-Bey was worst case scenario

Let me get this straight. This is an out of bounds or incomplete pass situation? WTF? So because you say it's going to be this situation you're not going to prepare for anything else? What a ****ing horrible coach. Squealers not only need to can Mike Triplin, they need to get rid of Haley too. What a ****ing arrogant and idiotic thing to say. That's playing to lose right there.

the last few minutes of that game Rottencrapburger was thinking about his next job application...

Kinda funny and stunning how he seems to blame eveyrone but himself.

Yes it is stunning. Almost like the allegations. : hey Ben, is it true it was you initiated contact with the female in question?

Well, I only had one play.. the up the middle was not working so I tried to go for it all, probably should have had two plays in mind but you know.... the whore wanted it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back