PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's skill position moves since 2018

I see it this way, the qb is more than capable and above average. When Mac's had time ,the very few times this season he's dropped dimes to his recievers. We have some talent on this team.. the line is shuffling each game, players in and out the line... Burrow has 2 6"5 burners on the outside.

The entire offense can't function enough to put fear in opposing defenses..

Again a sean Payton scheme would have this offense humming
Its hard to call Mac above average, when we have literally seen nothing that says hes been that since hes walked into the NFL. Hes better then what hes shown this year for sure, but even last year he was not anything more than average compared to the rest of the league

2019 supposedly the Pats worst offense

The Pats were 12 - 4 and 7th in points scored.
Let's not glorify the 2019 offense.

The last 9 games the offense scored 17 offensive TDs and subtracting defensive scores averaged less than 19ppg and before that not much better.

Line was not good. Ave running game. JE11 hurt. Brady was negotiating with MIA and was disinterested.

They sucked.

2019 supposedly the Pats worst offense

The Pats were 12 - 4 and 7th in points scored.

Its hard to call Mac above average, when we have literally seen nothing that says hes been that since hes walked into the NFL. Hes better then what hes shown this year for sure, but even last year he was not anything more than average compared to the rest of the league

Mike white is average, the back ups for the rams and SF 49 are average qbs.. and that is what a back up is, just average in most cases.. 2021 showed me that the kid was above average, he made smart decisions, accurate throws, moved the ball. Was allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage. However that was in the patriots offense that Brady ran graciously.. Mac didn't wake up and loose his ability or his intellectual abilities...

the entire offense is frustrated.. hunter Henry told SI he's tired of the same old same old every week!

Those are the reasons the patriots drafted him.. they know he's not Allen or his skill set is not going to wow you. He's an Above average qb, playing in a dysfunctional offense, with people that should have no business in thier positions. I'd like it if Brian hoyer retired and got a coordinator position or Caley.

You need a former qb or some kind of offense oriented person to call plays..

The last 9 games the offense scored 17 offensive TDs and subtracting defensive scores averaged less than 19ppg and before that not much better.

Line was not good. Ave running game. JE11 hurt. Brady was negotiating with MIA and was disinterested.

They sucked.
Oh not at all... have you seen this offense much this season? 2019 looks like the 99 rams offense compared to this season..

Mike white is average, the back ups for the rams and SF 49 are average qbs.. and that is what a back up is, just average in most cases.. 2021 showed me that the kid was above average, he made smart decisions, accurate throws, moved the ball. Was allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage. However that was in the patriots offense that Brady ran graciously.. Mac didn't wake up and loose his ability or his intellectual abilities...

the entire offense is frustrated.. hunter Henry told SI he's tired of the same old same old every week!

Those are the reasons the patriots drafted him.. they know he's not Allen or his skill set is not going to wow you. He's an Above average qb, playing in a dysfunctional offense, with people that should have no business in thier positions. I'd like it if Brian hoyer retired and got a coordinator position or Caley.

You need a former qb or some kind of offense oriented person to call plays..
You can say anything you want, statistically hes never been anything more than an average starting quarterback...and obviously this year hes been much worse. Last year wasnt dysfunctional, and he was a middle of the road quarterback by most statistics/metrics

Oh not at all... have you seen this offense much this season? 2019 looks like the 99 rams offense compared to this season..
I have yes.

They sucked.
Yeah the 2019 offense wasn't that great. Only 3 wins (2 vs Buf) against teams with winning records and in those wins the offense scored 9, 17 and 24 points. The offense scored 4 TD over those 3 games, one of them was on a trick play. The defense (#1 in scoring) allowed 240, 174 and 176 yards passing respectively and forced 5 turnovers over those 3 games. The offense also laid an egg in the finale against Miami and didn't show up in the playoff game.

I'd have to give the defense a little more credit for that 12 win season but I would take the QB on that team for this season.

Last edited:
You can say anything you want, statistically hes never been anything more than an average starting quarterback...and obviously this year hes been much worse. Last year wasnt dysfunctional, and he was a middle of the road quarterback by most statistics/metrics
Look I try to speak factual, you can live in denial all you'd like.. however that is facts everyone knows that. No one said last season was dysfunctional, this year is the dysfunctional season.. everyone can't be wrong.. David Andrews basically every on offense has took issues with the way the offense is being run.. you didn't hear any of this last season.. so let me ask who could come in this organization as a qb, under the EXACT same circumstances same weaponry everything and succeed? If you say Allen then I'd say he'd be on IR by now, and or asked for a trade!

In 2021 Mac beat up on bad teams.

When you only throw 3 passes in the Buffalo wind something is wrong.

Look I try to speak factual, you can live in denial all you'd like.. however that is facts everyone knows that. No one said last season was dysfunctional, this year is the dysfunctional season.. everyone can't be wrong.. David Andrews basically every on offense has took issues with the way the offense is being run.. you didn't hear any of this last season.. so let me ask who could come in this organization as a qb, under the EXACT same circumstances same weaponry everything and succeed? If you say Allen then I'd say he'd be on IR by now, and or asked for a trade!
I am the one using the facts here unfortunately...You just saying 3 random guys are average doesnt mean one is above average...I said last year wasnt dysfunctional because thats the year you used to label Mac as above average. When he was literally middle of the pack in most qb statistics or metrics. That is facts. Im doing by best to eliminate this year, even though hes sucked as well as the entire offense being a trainwreck

I am the one using the facts here unfortunately...You just saying 3 random guys are average doesnt mean one is above average...I said last year wasnt dysfunctional because thats the year you used to label Mac as above average. When he was literally middle of the pack in most qb statistics or metrics. That is facts. Im doing by best to eliminate this year, even though hes sucked as well as the entire offense being a trainwreck

Ok, your right Maybe I need to get a 90 inch TV if they make them becuase my 80 inch screen I think I may have had a hard time watching Mac play well last season.

But I'm not here to change your mind.. I pay attention to what the eye test shows us.. we can sit here and say stats this, stats that,... however what does the eye test show us? All I'm saying is last season he was a much better qb, no one sitting here saying he was flawless just the entire offense as a whole was better last season.. idk did something change this past off season?

Can we at least agree the offense was better to a degree last season?

Ok, your right Maybe I need to get a 90 inch TV if they make them becuase my 80 inch screen I think I may have had a hard time watching Mac play well last season.

But I'm not here to change your mind.. I pay attention to what the eye test shows us.. we can sit here and say stats this, stats that,... however what does the eye test show us? All I'm saying is last season he was a much better qb, no one sitting here saying he was flawless just the entire offense as a whole was better last season.. idk did something change this past off season?

Can we at least agree the offense was better to a degree last season?
Of course they were better last vs this...but again, you cant just say you deal with Facts and then say you fall back on the eye test. He was better last year, but was still middling compared to what actual NFL starters give you.

In 2021 Mac beat up on bad teams.

When you only throw 3 passes in the Buffalo wind something is wrong.
I'll say this, if he got realeased today who would have a new team first? He or Patricia or judge? I saw this kid play well last season enough to know he's an above average qb..

Yeah the 2019 offense wasn't that great. Only 3 wins (2 vs Buf) against teams with winning records and in those wins the offense scored 9, 17 and 24 points. The offense scored 4 TD over those 3 games, one of them was on a trick play. The defense (#1 in scoring) allowed 240, 174 and 176 yards passing respectively and forced 5 turnovers over those 3 games. The offense also laid an egg in the finale against Miami and didn't show up in the playoff game.

I'd have to give the defense a little more credit for that 12 win season but I would take the QB on that team for this season.
Clearly Tom still had the ability (interest is a different question) but the 2019 offense didn't have the firepower to score consistently. Most may remember they scored a handful of TDs off of gadget plays. Elandon Roberts catching passes, White and JE throwing passes. They were desperate.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Of course they were better last vs this...but again, you cant just say you deal with Facts and then say you fall back on the eye test. He was better last year, but was still middling compared to what actual NFL starters give you.
The facts I'm alluding to are the off season changes, he came in and suprised many as a rookie, you just said your self the offense was much better last season.. I believe your confusing yourself, not realizing I'm agreeing with you. I'm just stating facts about the off season moves.. the eye test I'm in reffence to is how dysfunctional it looks this year that's all

The facts I'm alluding to are the off season changes, he came in and suprised many as a rookie, you just said your self the offense was much better last season.. I believe your confusing yourself, not realizing I'm agreeing with you. I'm just stating facts about the off season moves.. the eye test I'm in reffence to is how dysfunctional it looks this year that's all
All I have argued is that Mac isnt exactly above average

They sucked.
Thank you for making my point. Put Macnugget on that 2019 team and you're picking 1st next draft.

The 2019 offense had nobody after Edelman got injured. This 2022 offense is loaded with talent. The missing ingredient is QB.

Thank you for making my point. Put Macnugget on that 2019 team and you're picking 1st next draft.

The 2019 offense had nobody after Edelman got injured. This 2022 offense is loaded with talent. The missing ingredient is QB.
The missing ingredients are OL and OC. Without those two things, your QB doesn't have a chance to succeed.

I'll say this, if he got realeased today who would have a new team first? He or Patricia or judge? I saw this kid play well last season enough to know he's an above average qb..
Jones would sitting on another teams bench.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back