PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's skill position moves since 2018

Look what happened to the eagles and jaylen Hurts once they got aj brown. Or Tua once he got Tyreek hill.

You are better off spending big money on the Ferrari than a couple Ford pintos (Agholor/Jonnu smith)

Great post . Honestly the end seems to be near for Bill . We might lose all 5 down the line . The stakes are higher for all our other opponents and skill level and coaching is also superior

If I were Kraft I am not signing any FA check till it is vetted by Groh

And wolf. Bill the GM has been rank bad. 2021 free agency was an unmitigatedtry

dis

I've been

aster.

Saying the Smith signing is "Iffy" is being beyond polite.
BB had his best drafts with pioli, now that groh is involved we start to draft better ..

Reports were BB continually went against the teams scouts.. that ticked off RK..

In no way bashing BB , but the more we continually loose and look the way we do the more it's apparent that brady was the catalysts to everything the team was able to do from a offensive roster standpoint.

The two drafted TE busts in 2020 and the two free agent TE busts in 2021 are absolutely unconscionably.
Save for Henry he's not a bust, was a top 10 TE ,11 TDs last season in a FUNCTIONAL offense.. he's been phased out the offense..

BB is ultimately responsible for the poor outcomes on offense (and everything else but this thread is focused on offense). With that said, he didn’t act alone on any of this and in particular McDaniels and Caserio likely had a lot to say about the choices prior to 2022. So this underscores the importance of having a strong OC come onboard who has BB’s trust but can act with the independence that I think BB provided to Weis, McDaniels, and O’Brien. That person needs to be hired in January and have his coaching staff in order before the combine and free agency period.

In no way bashing BB , but the more we continually loose and look the way we do the more it's apparent that brady was the catalysts to everything the team was able to do from a offensive roster standpoint.
That's what it looks like . Eagles are rising, jets, Seattle are playing phenomenal . So are giants and commanders . These are middle rung teams which have elevated .

I don't know how we can say bills coaching is fantastic. If we lose the next 5 , bills reputation is gonna tank and Kraft might be forced to make a move sooner than later . Maybe we might do worse than with bill at center but Bill is not inspiring confidence either with drafts, coaching or player development .

That's what it looks like . Eagles are rising, jets, Seattle are playing phenomenal . So are giants and commanders . These are middle rung teams which have elevated .

I don't know how we can say bills coaching is fantastic. If we lose the next 5 , bills reputation is gonna tank and Kraft might be forced to make a move sooner than later . Maybe we might do worse than with bill at center but Bill is not inspiring confidence either with drafts, coaching or player development .
Well, Bill the coach and GM as that's not seen in Today's NFL as owners are no longer giving head coaches so much power when the shelf life for a coach is shorter than a player's. Agreed! RK I'm sure during this mini bye is heavily evaluating things.. I don't see one 1 win on this remaining schedule given the dysfunctional offense we have.. I believe the people Bills entrusted to coach aren't as talented as his former coaches. RK was able to do business, low ball players and staffers becuase we had a destination for players to come win! The tide has changed!

Belichick has to realize the formula of Dink-and-Dunk QB + Average Receivers + Strong running game + Strong Defense isn't going to work anymore

Last two drafts have been really good, made good free agent pickups on defense- Judon, Mills, Peppers, God etc. Comingvoff a playoff loss last year with a rookie qb where we were depleted with injuries, let's see what we do this off-season. Going to be huge for us!!
I would say the last 3 drafts were good.

Dugger, Uche, Onwenu were all good picks 3 years ago.

We need offensive and defensive lineman and fast linebackers

Uche? He Can’t get on the field
He’s actually having a good year as a situational pass rusher. He’s not a 3 down LB. Debate all you want on the competition he’s faced, but I’d rather have him collect sacks than not.

Then why is Agholor included? Is his skill dropping passes?
WR is a skill position. It has nothing to do with how good a player is at it.

Last two drafts have been really good, made good free agent pickups on defense- Judon, Mills, Peppers, God etc. Comingvoff a playoff loss last year with a rookie qb where we were depleted with injuries, let's see what we do this off-season. Going to be huge for us!!
How have the last 2 drafts been really good?

Mac is unfortunately regressing
Barmore was good last year. Ok this year and now on IR
Stevenson is a good player.

So from 2021 we are looking at 1 really good player and 1 possibly above average.

Cole Strange looks to be a bad 1st round pick. Even if he somehow becomes an average starter it’s still a waste of a 1st rounder.

Thornton has done nothing. If he’s at the same place next year it’s another bust at WR.

The 2 Jones’s are good solid picks.

Zappe who knows.

So out of this draft so far we know we got a good corner and a good returner.

That does not equal “2 really good drafts”. At best right now it’s 2 average drafts. This team needs top end talent and we can’t waste first rounders on average guards.

The pats will have plenty of cap space & draft capital (Panthers 3rd, Rams 4th) next offseason. What faith is there that it will spent wisely based on recent history?

Faith? Why have faith, we have a staff who can win with anyone.

I would say the last 3 drafts were good.

Dugger, Uche, Onwenu were all good picks 3 years ago.
How many pro-bowlers or all pros have we drafted the last 3 drafts? If we are calling these good drafts just because we get a few starters out of each one then the bar is set pretty low.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back