PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's skill position moves since 2018

How have the last 2 drafts been really good?

Mac is unfortunately regressing
Barmore was good last year. Ok this year and now on IR
Stevenson is a good player.

So from 2021 we are looking at 1 really good player and 1 possibly above average.

Cole Strange looks to be a bad 1st round pick. Even if he somehow becomes an average starter it’s still a waste of a 1st rounder.

Thornton has done nothing. If he’s at the same place next year it’s another bust at WR.

The 2 Jones’s are good solid picks.

Zappe who knows.

So out of this draft so far we know we got a good corner and a good returner.

That does not equal “2 really good drafts”. At best right now it’s 2 average drafts. This team needs top end talent and we can’t waste first rounders on average guards.
If you like complementary players, then these are “really good” drafts. Because that’s what’s these players are.

Pats don’t have game changers, foundational/cornerstone players or whatever you want to call it on either side of the ball.

Media has finally caught on while many posters are still behind.

Last edited:
Is it somewhat ironic that Belichick may end up going the way of Shula? Forced out because the game has passed him by? I don't ever see him retiring without being given no other option.

How many pro-bowlers or all pros have we drafted the last 3 drafts? If we are calling these good drafts just because we get a few starters out of each one then the bar is set pretty low.
Could have several, could have none, we don't know.

Onwenu could make a Pro Bowl this year.

Will you be in disbelief that Dugger, Barmore, Stevenson, Jack Jones become Pro Bowlers at their positions? I won't. This is a really good record. There are a lot of players filling what would otherwise be holes.

We'll only be looking for LB and OL this year in both the draft and FA.

How have the last 2 drafts been really good?

Mac is unfortunately regressing
Barmore was good last year. Ok this year and now on IR
Stevenson is a good player.

So from 2021 we are looking at 1 really good player and 1 possibly above average.

Cole Strange looks to be a bad 1st round pick. Even if he somehow becomes an average starter it’s still a waste of a 1st rounder.

Thornton has done nothing. If he’s at the same place next year it’s another bust at WR.

The 2 Jones’s are good solid picks.

Zappe who knows.

So out of this draft so far we know we got a good corner and a good returner.

That does not equal “2 really good drafts”. At best right now it’s 2 average drafts. This team needs top end talent and we can’t waste first rounders on average guards.
Please tell me you're joking.

He’s actually having a good year as a situational pass rusher. He’s not a 3 down LB. Debate all you want on the competition he’s faced, but I’d rather have him collect sacks than not.
I like uche. But at best he’s a situational pass rusher and at worst he misses half the games due to injury. Another complete and total waste of a draft pick. He flashes and can look amazing but why can’t he stay on field

Will you be in disbelief that Dugger, Barmore, Stevenson, Jack Jones become Pro Bowlers at their positions? I won't. This is a really good record. There are a lot of players filling what would otherwise be holes.

That was a bad take by a poster who has no clue what's going on. You're absolutely right. A number of those players have the potential of making the pro bowl

Is it somewhat ironic that Belichick may end up going the way of Shula? Forced out because the game has passed him by? I don't ever see him retiring without being given no other option.
I think he'll retire after passing Shula. He's one year removed from making the playoffs with a rookie qb.

Please tell me you're joking.
Did you read the post? Do you want to please explain how the the last 2 drafts have been really good?

Out of the 2 drafts we have 1 player you’d say is looking like he’s gonna be really good (Stephenson). Then you have 2 players (Barmore and Jones) who look like they’ll be good starters. Marcus Jones looks to be a good special teamer. Your expectations are pretty low if that makes it 2 really good drafts. I haven’t even mentioned the reaches or whiffs.

That was a bad take by a poster who has no clue what's going on. You're absolutely right. A number of those players have the potential of making the pro bowl
No clue? You said our last 2 drafts are really good and I’m the one with no clue. That’s rich.

I think he'll retire after passing Shula. He's one year removed from making the playoffs with a rookie qb.

I used to think that, but....I don't know. I'm doubting that now.

BB was given alot of power when hired by the krafts, look around the league you don't see that coach/GM all in one anymore. Owners want the coach to coach, and the GM to focus on personnel moves. At 70 one can wonder if it's began to be to much for BB to continue.. this problem with the dysfunctional offense the entire country can witness and see..

The drafting got better because groh was more involved, and a collaborative effort according to Jonathan Kraft. If ever BB was to retire wich I can see it happening. The only innovative offensive mind that could come in and ascendac is Sean Payton!

I used to think that, but....I don't know. I'm doubting that now.
I don't think the krafts are happy, out of respect for Bill and everything he's meant to the organization I believe they are letting the season play out and definitely will make changes.. Bill is a very intelligent man he knows this isn't working.. the Bills game was rock bottom on national TV

Judon, Stevenson, Onwenu, Dugger I could see making the pro bowl and all pro selections possibly, barmore was robbed of his second season jump from a knee issue he came out of college with..

No clue? You said our last 2 drafts are really good and I’m the one with no clue. That’s rich.
I don't recall you posting on this site too often and I'm not sure if you follow this team closely, but I'm not sure how much more you want from our last 3 drafts.

Shula, two decades without a Super Bowl win despite having a Hall of Fame quarterback for his last fourteen seasons. Fortunately, at seventy, Bill won't be coaching another two decades.

I’m not saying they were bad draft picks or horrible drafts. But let’s not sit here and claim “really good drafts” when we we’ve got a few starters out of each. To me that’s an average draft. A great draft is getting game changing talent, which we don’t have.

A great draft is 2003 or 2010.

Judon, Stevenson, Onwenu, Dugger I could see making the pro bowl and all pro selections possibly, barmore was robbed of his second season jump from a knee issue he came out of college with..
Dugger ???

I don't recall you posting on this site too often and I'm not sure if you follow this team closely, but I'm not sure how much more you want from our last 3 drafts.

I’m not saying they were bad draft picks or horrible drafts. But let’s not sit here and claim “really good drafts” when we we’ve got a few starters out of each. To me that’s an average draft. A great draft is getting game changing talent, which we don’t have.

A great draft is 2003 orP 2010.

A great draft is 2003 or 2010.
2011 we were unbelievable on offense,

Gronk, Edelman, Welker, Hernandez, branch, Woodhead in the backfield.

This offense looks like a practice squad compared to that season!

Dugger ???
Yes, that's right Dugger, he's played at an all pro level at safety this season.. he's probably the teams best tackler

Been following the team since 1984.To put it simply, we do not have game changing talent, we need game changing talent, the past 3 drafts have not provided game changing talent.

I don’t think the past 3 drafts suck. We got some good players, but when you look at acquired talent they are in my mind decent drafts, certainly not really good or great. I also think we made a massive reach with Cole Strange in round 1. You can’t blow first round picks on a guard when you are rebuilding.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back