PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's record without Brady since the Brady era began

Bucs are the best team in the league with few if any weaknesses. Not exactly the hottest of takes that someone thinks they're going all the way.

How many rookie QB's have ever won or even played in a Super Bowl?

You are right. The Bucs are going to win the Super Bowl. There is no stopping them. This is despite the fact that they barely beat the Cowboys, Pats, Colts, and Bills and lost to the Rams. This is also despite the fact that the Bucs are the 17th ranked defense. No weaknesses whatsoever. Their coaching is unbelievable!

You are right. The Bucs are going to win the Super Bowl. There is no stopping them. This is despite the fact that they barely beat the Cowboys, Pats, Colts, and Bills and lost to the Rams. This is also despite the fact that the Bucs are the 17th ranked defense. No weaknesses whatsoever.

The Bucs have also been banged up a lot this year on defense. I said at the beginning injuries are the only thing that can slow them down, and so far that has been the case. They'll be a lot healthier by playoff time.

You didn't answer how many rookie QB's have ever played in or won a super bowl so I'll tell you: zero. There's a good reason for that. So to think the Pats might fall short of that goal isn't as offensive as you think it is regardless of their seed right now.

The "Belichick wants to catch Shula" narrative is 100% a media creation. He has never said it, and no one on his staff has said it. A well-known/loathed afternoon drive time duo promulgate this non-stop after every Pats victory this season. "We know Bill wants to catch Shula...." do you, tell me how you know you fkctard. It's just like now all of a sudden that same duo, and several of their on air and print doppelgangers, parrot the idea that EVERYTHING Bill says is a slight at Brady....
These same afternoon azzzhats have placed ridiculous expectations on Mac Jones - "I EXPECT Jones to get them to AT LEAST the conference championship....anything else and the season is a failure." -Felger in September
You don't believe Bill wants that record given how much he loves the history of the NFL? I do. That being said, I agree with the overall sentiment of your post. I really don't listen to the local media at all but not surprised to hear this is what they are saying about Bill and Mac.

The Bucs have also been banged up a lot this year on defense. I said at the beginning injuries are the only thing that can slow them down, and so far that has been the case. They'll be a lot healthier by playoff time.

You didn't answer how many rookie QB's have ever played in or won a super bowl so I'll tell you: zero. There's a good reason for that. So to think the Pats might fall short of that goal isn't as offensive as you think it is regardless of their seed right now.
He believes the Chiefs are going to beat us.

Bill didn’t want to put the game on Mac at that point. If he didn’t convert every media outlet would have blasted, rookie no match for the Goat, Mac chokes etc. instead we sit here arguing as to why Bill did it. This entire year has been about developing Mac while still trying to win. So far it’s pretty tough to argue the results.
Still should have gone for it IMO. That was a coaching loss and those are avoidable.
It was also 4th and 3 not 4th and 10. If anyone wanted to blast Mac for that who cares what they think.

I don't think I ever said the Pats were going to win the Super Bowl, did I?

Injuries are the not the issue in Tampa, my friend. Look at week 1 and Dallas gashing their D. And what does injuries have anything to do with Brady leading the Bucs to a grand total of 3 points in the second half against Buffalo?

Injuries are the not the issue in Tampa, my friend. Look at week 1 and Dallas gashing their D. And what does injuries have anything to do with Brady leading the Bucs to a grand total of 3 points in the second half against Buffalo?

@sb1 , who wouldn't post it in the main boards, has come out and said Tampa is going to win the super bowl again...this is despite the fact that NE (his team) is the 1 seed in the AFC.
Your words not mine. Sounded offended that I would dare pick the Bucs to go all the way because "NE is the 1 seed in the AFC".

Bucs will get healthy and they'll have the same look that they did last year. Imagine a team plays a C game against a really good football team like the Bills- and still beats them with Brady doing things to their defense that no other opponent this year has done. Imagine what that would have looked like if they played an A-game.

I haven't watched much of their season, so what are their weaknesses? They seemed to pretty consistently score 30+ppg, with the exception of against the Pats (19), WFT (19), Rams (25), Eagles (28)

Their defense has basically shut down teams they're expected to such as early-season Pats, Giants, Dolphins, Falcons (2nd go around, 17 pts), Bears. Otherwise, it's definitely possible to score against them. Is it primarily through the run or pass? The most recent eye test I had was the Bills, which I kind-of watched, and it seemed like they can be passed against. I don't remember how they fared against the run.

Anyone got any input? Genuinely curious.

You are right. The Bucs are going to win the Super Bowl. There is no stopping them. This is despite the fact that they barely beat the Cowboys, Pats, Colts, and Bills and lost to the Rams. This is also despite the fact that the Bucs are the 17th ranked defense. No weaknesses whatsoever. Their coaching is unbelievable!

1. Mac10 is an organizational shill who can be ignored and/or laughed at.
2. The Bucs weren't looking too hot at the same point about a year ago. No matter how much it pains you, TB12 won a 7th Superbowl ring beating Brees, Rogers, Mahomes on a losing team that had the longest playoff drought in the entire league (18 yrs) before he joined.

Your words not mine. Sounded offended that I would dare pick the Bucs to go all the way because "NE is the 1 seed in the AFC".

Bucs will get healthy and they'll have the same look that they did last year. Imagine a team plays a C game against a really good football team like the Bills- and still beats them with Brady doing things to their defense that no other opponent this year has done. Imagine what that would have looked like if they played an A-game.

You're a NE fan, man, supposedly. The Pats have a shot at winning the super bowl and have been playing well against some good teams this year. Why dismiss them outright? Personally, I think you WANT the Bucs to win so Tommy can pad his super bowl numbers.

And you still haven't explained why the Bucs looked bad defensively against Dallas in week 1 when they were healthy. They played a QB that day who hadn't taken a live snap in 10 months. For the Bucs it's all about match ups. If they can avoid LAR and Dallas they have a much better shot at winning the SB. Last year, they drew a WFT with Taylor Heinicke at QB and in the second round a Saints team with a QB with 11 cracked ribs and a punctured lung. You can't assume the Bucs will be as lucky this year.

I haven't watched much of their season, so what are their weaknesses? They seemed to pretty consistently score 30+ppg, with the exception of against the Pats (19), WFT (19), Rams (25), Eagles (28)

Their defense has basically shut down teams they're expected to such as early-season Pats, Giants, Dolphins, Falcons (2nd go around, 17 pts), Bears. Otherwise, it's definitely possible to score against them. Is it primarily through the run or pass? The most recent eye test I had was the Bills, which I kind-of watched, and it seemed like they can be passed against. I don't remember how they fared against the run.

Defensively, the Bucs feast off of teams like the Giants, Dolphins, Falcons, etc. Really, it's all about their pass rush - if they can get home against opposing QBs, they'll be successful. If the opposing QB can get the ball out quickly, they seem to struggle and the games become much closer. They are struggling to contain the better teams this year. Heck, even Mac Jones in his FOURTH game ever was able to pass on their D in the rain. But they have no weaknesses whatsoever, I'm told.

Last edited:
The 2007 team played quite a few A games, so we know what that can look like. ;)

Also, the Patriots did something that no one has done to the Bills D this year too. Their D is reeling right now.

Injuries are not a valid excuse this time of year, look no further than the Bills losing their top CB right before back-to-back games with NE and TB.

I was surprised to see the Bills get back into the game, I heard it went to OT and watched the end. TB giving up that many 2nd half points is not ideal as we are already in Dec. and the playoffs are right around the corner.

Mac beating Mahomes and Brady in the playoffs as a rookie would be the greatest SB run ever. Can't wait to see it happen.

The "Belichick wants to catch Shula" narrative is 100% a media creation. He has never said it, and no one on his staff has said it. A well-known/loathed afternoon drive time duo promulgate this non-stop after every Pats victory this season. "We know Bill wants to catch Shula...." do you, tell me how you know you fkctard. It's just like now all of a sudden that same duo, and several of their on air and print doppelgangers, parrot the idea that EVERYTHING Bill says is a slight at Brady....
These same afternoon azzzhats have placed ridiculous expectations on Mac Jones - "I EXPECT Jones to get them to AT LEAST the conference championship....anything else and the season is a failure." -Felger in September
Given the way Shula shat all over him for years, I'd be shocked it he doesn't want it.

Defensively, the Bucs feast off of teams like the Giants, Dolphins, Falcons, etc. Really, it's all about their pass rush - if they can get home against opposing QBs, they'll be successful. If the opposing QB can get the ball out quickly, they seem to struggle and the games become much closer. They are struggling to contain the better teams this year. Heck, even Mac Jones in his FOURTH game ever was able to pass on their D in the rain.
Teams that succeed against them:
  • Don’t try to run in traditional run situations but mix in runs, especially sweeps, when the defense plays the pass.
  • Attack the middle of the field.
  • Feast on 8-12 yard passes (attacking the shallow secondary and not the linebackers.)
Worst matchups for them are the Cowboys and Rams. They’re good against mobile QBs and dink and dunk offenses, but they struggle against pocket, quick release passers with good WR depth.

I don’t know how the Patriots would do in a rematch. Almost the whole Bucs secondary was out. I think the Patriots would move the ball on them again, but like the first matchup, they’ll need some big plays too.
But they have no weaknesses whatsoever, I'm told.
********. You're just trying to start a fight, as usual.

Tampa is soft.

LA and WFT team physically beat them.

Frankly, Indy did a good job on them. Tampa was bailed out by very questionable officiating.

Once, Buffalo pulled their head out.......they pretty much dominated them.

It's amusing how Mortimer Porksley can't stfu about the Bucs. He's so triggered by any mention of Brady or the Bucs.

It's also telling that he continues to egg on, start arguments, and bait posters into getting banned. Not sure how the mods can't clearly see what he consistently tries to do to create drama. Mortimer is a troll but he's an anti-Brady troll, so I guess that's ok.

Every team has weaknesses. Every team has at least 3 losses and all those teams with 9 or 10 wins have a few of those wins where they looked bad and barely scraped by.

Someone is going to win the Super Bowl. With so much parity, it will be much like last year where it is simply the team that gets hot and pays their best at the right time. To microanalyze how team A looked against team B in a game played in September/October is absurd.

If that were the case then Kraft would be the most valuable and he isn't by a long shot. Writing checks is not as important as coaching and that's not as important as playing.
Finding the talent and coaching it is more important than any individual players.

Randy Moss on the Raiders is nobody, Deshaun Watson was the best statistical QB in the league last year and won 4 games… in a sport with 53 man rosters the duel coach/GM is king.

Bill found Brady, he found Mac, he put everything around them necessary to be successful. This isn’t basketball where one player can drastically change your team for the better. And the Pats put themselves in first place in the AFC by throwing three passes.

Buffalo got Tampa's C game because that's all that Tampa is capable of producing against Buffalo. Tampa should be fortunate that Buffalo got physically man handled Monday night.

The reality is the refs did Tampa (and us) a favor with that blatant non call at the end on Diggs that forced the final FG.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back