PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's record without Brady since the Brady era began

saying Bill can win NFL games without brady (which he has) doesn't take away from Brady's greatness. and saying Brady can win games without Bill doesn't take away Bill's greatness. not sure why it has to be one or the other.

People on this forum are overly sensitive regarding Brady

04 steelers were loaded 15-1. Brady owned them, he was their daddy. In 10 they were just as good as 08. Brady owned them at Heinz

brady always owner them, especially at Heinz . 08 Brady smokes the steelers
We lost in Heinz in 04 and 13.

So much of the discussion during the offseason and early this season was that Belichick has a losing record without Brady. But I just heard on Felger and Mazz (yeah, I know. I know. Why am I listening to them?), a emailer pointed out that Belichick has a winning record in games without Brady since Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe. I think that is a fair way of judging Belichick as a stand alone coach without Brady and not what he did 25 years ago.

So here we go:

2008 - 11-5 (I am counting the game Brady went down since he only played a series)
2018 - 3-1 (two games starting their third string QB)
2020 - 7-9
2021 - 7-4

Total: 28-19 or 59.6% winning percentage.

It isn't as good with Brady obviously, but it isn't all that bad. Odds are decent that that winning percentage will go up by the end of this year the way they are playing. And the only time he didn't win more games than he lost was last year with a mediocre QB and them rebuilding after the Brady era. And even then, they were only one game away from going .500.

Also, note all the seasons he played QBs he drafted, he has winning records.
Yea man...

ppl were tripping. It’s dumb.

let Bill cook!

Yeah. Also Steelers had the #1 defense in the league in 08. Ours wasn’t nearly as good as theirs.
Yep it wasn't even close

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Regarding this topic:
Animated GIF

41 points in afc Championship game
Your point was Brady owns Pitt at Heinz. My point was Brady lost at Heinz twice. That proves Brady has lost at Heinz more than once.

You now want to talk about performance during one specific win?

Your point was Brady owns Pitt at Heinz. My point was Brady lost at Heinz twice. That proves Brady has lost at Heinz more than once.

You now want to talk about performance during one specific win?

brady owned the steelers. Yea two regular season losses but he’s won way more than he’s lost and beat them on the road in 05 and 10 when they made the super bowl and prevented them from getting to super bowl in 01 and 04. Sure he got hurt in 01 but he was on his way to a big game

bradys numbers against pitt are insanely good even at Heinze

Rough count I'm getting 69 - 75 sans Monsieur Brahdee. Feel pretty good that BB's gonna ride the Mac tsunami right over .500 by end of next season.

brady owned the steelers. Yea two regular season losses but he’s won way more than he’s lost and beat them on the road in 05 and 10 when they made the super bowl and prevented them from getting to super bowl in 01 and 04. Sure he got hurt in 01 but he was on his way to a big game

bradys numbers against pitt are insanely good even at Heinze
9-3 in regular season vs them, 3-0 in playoffs. 29tD vs 5 ints...loses to them every 7years (04,11,18)

You mean 11? We scored 55 points on Pittsburgh in 2013
My bad. The loss at Pitt was 2011. Also lost there in 2018 so that is 3.

I agree completely Tom has had a ton - and the team has had a ton of success vs Pitt.

You guys do realize Brady never lost to the Steelers at Gillette right?

Hey what’s BB’s record when you take away anything good he’s ever done and only highlight his mistakes?? Need to know so I can be a downer every where I go.

he has? A steady QB? lol. You can win games with a "steady" QB, you have to have a special Qb to win for two decades and 6 titles. If the pats make the playoffs this year it will be the first year he has without Brady. So saying all he needs is that to win, well thats false based on actual facts.
no...actually without brady, bb beat parcells and the pats in the playoffs, when he was in cleveland.

I hate these threads - I can’t imagine any Chicago Bull thread talking down Jordan to praise Phil and vice versa.

We had the best run of all time which will never be repeated because we had the greatest player ever and the greatest coach ever in the toughest sport in America.

Brady in his first year with another team after some initial teething issues and mid-season struggles took a team which hadn’t made a playoff since 2002 and won them a SB - with some great talent around him no doubt.

Bill after one year figuring out what this team is without Brady is now looking at potentially being top 2 in the conference in his second year without him.

I have followed Brady and the Bucs closely and obviously the Patriots closely - I watch Bucs games and think **** if only they had Bill they wouldn’t lose a game and I watch Patriots game this year thinking if we had Brady we would’ve won that or blown them away.

I wish Mods would do a better job on this forum - you have a Brady/Bucs thread in a separate board which I understand why - but then you have people like MAC10 who jump in their and decides to cause conflict in their because it’s not about the Pats. It’s actually ridiculous this is by far that best NFL forum in football but it’s being let down by petty infighting and ****ty mods

he has? A steady QB? lol. You can win games with a "steady" QB, you have to have a special Qb to win for two decades and 6 titles. If the pats make the playoffs this year it will be the first year he has without Brady. So saying all he needs is that to win, well thats false based on actual facts.
Shouldn’t you be over in the Tompa forum rooting for your team?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back