PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's end of season speech / excuses to team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was the ONLY difference between each of those rosters?

Don't hate on me please. But some of ya'll are way too hard on Belichick. There's 31 other teams that would take him as coach in a heartbeat. That probably includes mine. If he were coaching the Bucs tonight, I'd be very worried.

Maybe he has had some bad drafts. But your team will be SB contenders again very very soon.

Don't hate on me please. But some of ya'll are way too hard on Belichick. There's 31 other teams that would take him as coach in a heartbeat. That probably includes mine. If he were coaching the Bucs tonight, I'd be very worried.

Maybe he has had some bad drafts. But your team will be SB contenders again very very soon.

This seems to be the consensus outside of New England. Other fanbases may hate Belichick because he comes across as an arrogant SOB (some of which is deserved), but they all think he's a great coach and would trade theirs for him in a heartbeat.

I think the issue with Patriots fans is that A) we're too close to the situation, so we analyze EVERYTHING. When you start looking at every little decision, or every little thing that COULD have gone right but didn't, and start blaming the head coach for that, it all adds up and makes him look less competent than he is. And B) we have a sports journalism culture around here that is built around getting people arguing for better ratings, so even at the height of the dynasty(ies) we were having arguments about who was more important: BB or Brady. And as is the cast with most arguments, what starts with a very reasonable debate, escalates into "One of them is PERFECT and the other WOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THE LEAGUE without him" when you mix in the right kind of a**hole.

getting a QB is going to be very difficult and it’s very hard to be a Super Bowl contender for without an elite QB

Any AFC team is going to likely have to get through some combo of the Bills, Ravens and Chiefs for the next few years and that’s going to be almost impossible with any sort of QB who is not elite.

Unless the Pats get very lucky and a blue chip prospect falls in their lap, it could be years and years before they find their new QB.

BB will keep them playing hard but they’re not going to be a true contender with a Fitzpatrick, Trubisky or Dalton type

getting a QB is going to be very difficult and it’s very hard to be a Super Bowl contender for without an elite QB

Any AFC team is going to likely have to get through some combo of the Bills, Ravens and Chiefs for the next few years and that’s going to be almost impossible with any sort of QB who is not elite.
True. But if not Belichick. Who else would you have building back up your organization?

I do think the Patriots will not only get their franchise QB. But they will get a darn good one. Just a hunch.

True. But if not Belichick. Who else would you have building back up your organization?

I do think the Patriots will not only get their franchise QB. But they will get a darn good one. Just a hunch.
Pats are in a good spot. Lots o picks. Lots o cap space. Despite what 1/2 this board thinks BB is an excellent evaluator of talent and knows how to shrewdly manage the cap.

I have 0% doubt in my mind BB will replenish the offense and defense with quality talent.

Finding a franchise QB?......we'll see.

Pats are in a good spot. Lots o picks. Lots o cap space. Despite what 1/2 this board thinks BB is an excellent evaluator of talent and knows how to shrewdly manage the cap.

I have 0% doubt in my mind BB will replenish the offense and defense with quality talent.

Finding a franchise QB?......we'll see.

Indeed.

Btw, I think the AFC is going to be winning many of the upcoming SB's.

Mahomes
Jackson
Watson (Unless he's dealt to NFC)
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Allen
Lawrence

NFC:

Rodgers
Wilson

Bill went 7-9 in an extremely tough schedule with a QB who threw for 8 total TDs and no receivers.

60million in cap space and the draft. If Bill improves the offense and gets a vet QB who can just be better than cam newton no reason they can't be 10-6 or 11-5 and in the playoffs.

Indeed.

Mahomes
Jackson
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Allen
Lawrence

NFC:

Rodgers
Wilson
Exactly.

In the 00s and 10s, Pats were able to outpace Rapeburger, ManninHgH, Flag Flacco and RiNTvers because of Tom and the D.

A new age of QB in the AFC is here and the NEP need to find a quality QB.

Indeed.

Mahomes
Jackson
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Allen
Lawrence

NFC:

Rodgers
Wilson

Brady and LeBron totally punked their leagues by switching conferences at exactly the opportune time.

Exactly.

In the 00s and 10s, Pats were able to outpace Rapeburger, ManninHgH, Flag Flacco and RiNTvers because of Tom and the D.

A new age of QB in the AFC is here and the NEP need to find a quality QB.
Yep.

No AFC team is going to win a SB without an elite QB.

Indeed.

Mahomes
Jackson
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Allen
Lawrence

NFC:

Rodgers
Wilson

Your point is valid, but Brady is still in the NFC until he decides he's not anymore ;)

Your point is valid, but Brady is still in the NFC until he decides he's not anymore ;)
I thought Brady said he would play until 45. Meaning he's 45 in August 2022. Thus, retires before then.

3. I've never heard him take the blame for his drafting.

4. That would be refreshing.
It would be ridiculous and negligent.
You want a coach to publicly assess blame for the first losing season in 20 years and do ping it by throwing the players he drafted under the bus? No one who has ever managed any people at any level, including McDonalds would think that a good idea.

I thought Brady said he would play until 45. Meaning he's 45 in August 2022. Thus, retires before then.

Originally he said he's going to play until he sucks. It could be 45, but that wasn't set in stone. If he's still playing at a high level and the Bucs still have enough talent, I'm sure he'll keep playing until those things aren't true anymore.

Indeed.

Mahomes
Jackson
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Allen
Lawrence

NFC:

Rodgers
Wilson
That’s an awful lot of hardware you are awarding to guys who haven’t sniffed a Sb yet.

That’s an awful lot of hardware you are awarding to guys who haven’t sniffed a Sb yet.

Well....

Rodgers might be better than everyone in the AFC sans Mahomes. But after that? The AFC is loaded with superior talent.

Well....

Rodgers might be better than everyone in the AFC sans Mahomes. But after that? The AFC is loaded with superior talent.
I’m just saying including guys like burrow, Herbert, and Lawrence who have never even seen a playoff game and are in bad teams plus Watson and Jackson who gave almost zero post season success in a while will win SB discussions seems like a stretch.

you can get to the superbowl without an "elite" QB (there's only a few "elite" in the league right now imho)......there's a slew of very good

looking at the last 20 years, garrapolo, foles, goff, ryan, newton - all very good, have even had some great seasons, but they are good to very good......hell, a few of them are getting dumped......

flacco, kapernick, eli manning, rex grossman, matt hasselbeck, donovan mcnab, jake delhomme, rich gannon, brad johnson, trent dilfer, kerry collins......have all QBed in a superbowl over the last 20 years

even if we stick to the last 5 years, there's good to very good QB's that have QBed in the superbowl

elite QB's give you a bigger margin of error.....and in a two week to prepare, one game winner take all scenario, anything can happen.....but you don't have to have elite to get there/win it.......as much as it helps......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back