PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's end of season speech / excuses to team

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be ridiculous and negligent.
You want a coach to publicly assess blame for the first losing season in 20 years and do ping it by throwing the players he drafted under the bus? No one who has ever managed any people at any level, including McDonalds would think that a good idea.
I said it would be refreshing...I didn't say I would've agreed with doing it.

Weak nonsense, leading me to assume that's Bill the GM talking rather than the far more competent Bill the Coach.

The media is really coming for Bill. Even with his mistakes I'm not sure fans should wish for him gone.

Look at all the teams replacing their coaches every year. Eagles just fired the guy who got them a superbowl
The media dislikes Bill, cause he dislikes them.

Not sure I saw this before but Guy just repeated what Belichick told the team in the final meeting. Seems like a bunch of cliched excuses. Yawn. Maybe I was expecting something loftier / better.

Belichick's speech
"You guys have to understand: This was a season that we didn’t predict. We had COVID hit. We had a lot of situations that occurred on our team. There was a lot of new people. We didn’t win games that we want to win. But that doesn’t mean that we just put our tails under our butts and just walk away. That means you strive to be better the following year."

Troll Alert

Reviving a long-dead Biffins thread should be grounds for indefinite suspension. Don’t let the trolls out of the sewer. ;)

You realize you're replying to an 8 month old post, right?

Three people necro’ed the thread before the poster you’re quoting posted. At that point the thread is front-page.

I’d be more curious why Marko revived an 8 month old thread (my guess is the “similar threads” suggestion at the bottom of forum - it will suggest threads that are rather old).

Since we're talking about relevant news here: Y'all hear about this Hitler fella? Sounds like he's causing some hootenanny over in Europe...

Since we're talking about relevant news here: Y'all hear about this Hitler fella? Sounds like he's causing some hootenanny over in Europe...
In breaking news: The Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

I thought this was a new thread. I was like “Bill is giving up on the season already?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots