PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison slams Belichick's decision to let go of Brady

I posted the link. The headline from the article. And the only excerpts related to Bill in the article. I didn’t misrepresent. Maybe he said other things in the podcast not in the article but I am referring to the article.
Okay . But the article also had this

Does it bother Belichick to see Brady continue to succeed without him?

"Not at all. I don't think so because if I'm Bill, I'm sitting back almost like a proud father," Harrison said.
"Because how could you not like Tom Brady? Yeah, you could disagree on schemes and Xs and Os and things like that, but how could you not like him? When all he makes is everything about the team. It's never about Brady. It's never been about him. It's always been about the team.

which is kinda related to bill and makes him sound a bit good and you omitted it

It sounds like Rodney is equating his situation with Tom's and is on Team Tom.

But then I just watched a Matt Light interview and he's on Team Bill.

The players are as divided as the fans.
Don't kid yourself, there's no equal split going on here. The majority of players, media and fans are seeing the light with regard to who's most responsible for the Patriots Dynasty. It's Brady in a landslide. He's playing in his 10th Super Bowl for Christ's sake. He beat Belichick at his own game... showing who could win without the other.

Brady has proven he can win without Belichick.
Belichick has proven he can NOT win without Brady.

Those are the FACTS.

IBWT is total bulls*t.

Don't kid yourself, there's no equal split going on here. The majority of players, media and fans are seeing the light with regard to who's most responsible for the Patriots Dynasty. It's Brady in a landslide. He's playing in his 10th Super Bowl for Christ's sake. He beat Belichick at his own game... showing who could win without the other.

Brady has proven he can win without Belichick.
Belichick has proven he can NOT win without Brady.

Those are the FACTS.

IBWT is total bulls*t.
Those aren't facts. Those are your opinions.

The fact is that most fans and players alike support both Tom and Bill, and a certain unmeasurable minority are on one side or the other for different reasons. You can see that here at Patsfans.

Those aren't facts. Those are your opinions.

The fact is that most fans and players alike support both Tom and Bill, and a certain unmeasurable minority are on one side or the other for different reasons. You can see that here at Patsfans.
I'm not sure about the majority of players but there have been at least a few players that have been outspoken in their criticism of Belichick for one reason or another (Brady, Welker, Amendola, Law, Ted Johnson, Adalius Thomas, Brandon Spikes).

A lot of Brady's former teammates are on record as rooting for him to win this Super Bowl. And anyone being honest knows Belichick is squirming in his seat with every accomplishment Brady has in Tampa Bay.

You may not want to acknowledge it or engage in the discussion but one of the most discussed debates in the sports world currently is Brady v Belichick. Hardly anyone is genuinely 50/50 and there's nothing wrong with that. For the most it's the Belichick side that wants to diminish the debate because they know they're getting killed right now. You can look up Belichick's record without Brady, it's not good, that's a fact.

I'm not sure about the majority of players but there have been at least a few players that have been outspoken in their criticism of Belichick for one reason or another (Brady, Welker, Amendola, Law, Ted Johnson, Adalius Thomas, Brandon Spikes).

A lot of Brady's former teammates are on record as rooting for him to win this Super Bowl. And anyone being honest knows Belichick is squirming in his seat with every accomplishment Brady has in Tampa Bay.

You may not want to acknowledge it or engage in the discussion but one of the most discussed debates in the sports world currently is Brady v Belichick. Hardly anyone is genuinely 50/50 and there's nothing wrong with that. For the most it's the Belichick side that wants to diminish the debate because they know they're getting killed right now. You can look up Belichick's record without Brady, it's not good, that's a fact.
Why wouldn't former teammates be rooting for Brady? They should be. I'm a Pats fan and I'm rooting for him, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate Bill too.

I haven't heard criticism from Brady. He's a class act that always takes the high road. What did the others say? I haven't heard much.

I'm a players' guy and enjoyed the debate at first, but all the complaining about Bill is starting to get under my skin and comes across as cheap shots. I still wouldn't want anyone else as our HC.

Nobody knows what Bill is thinking right now other than Bill and those close to him. If I had to guess I'd say he, like Kraft, is pulling for Brady. They accomplished a lot together.

To the undying shame of Bill the Fool GM, Rodney is exactly right.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back