PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick wanted Jakobi. Was convinced out of it by the new guys picking players

No one said it was all Kraft.

Kraft came out publically in 2020 and said they were going to rely more on scouting/personnel office in draft decisions.
The road to NFL purgatory is paved with good intentions. BB's mistake drafting N'Keal Harry was the first domino to fall, leading to the end of the dynasty. It led to spending more resources trying to correct the situation (Sanu) and was a major factor in Brady leaving. Then Kraft intervened forcing a more collaborative process. BB tried to take input from others leading to drafting Mac and creating doubt about his capability. BB exacerbated the situation with the decision to make MP the OC. As a result Kraft took further measures by bringing in BOB and signing Mayo to the succession contract. BB listened to feedback and let Meyers go for JJSS. At that point the stage was set for complete disfunction. Kraft had already made his bet on Mayo so BB had to go. Mayo has the potential to be a good HC, I am afraid that he is in a position to succeed given the roster and unresolved leadership structure.

The road to NFL purgatory is paved with good intentions. BB's mistake drafting N'Keal Harry was the first domino to fall, leading to the end of the dynasty. It led to spending more resources trying to correct the situation (Sanu) and was a major factor in Brady leaving. Then Kraft intervened forcing a more collaborative process. BB tried to take input from others leading to drafting Mac and creating doubt about his capability. BB exacerbated the situation with the decision to make MP the OC. As a result Kraft took further measures by bringing in BOB and signing Mayo to the succession contract. BB listened to feedback and let Meyers go for JJSS. At that point the stage was set for complete disfunction. Kraft had already made his bet on Mayo so BB had to go. Mayo has the potential to be a good HC, I am afraid that he is in a position to succeed given the roster and unresolved leadership structure.
Of course Brady was on Ross's boat before the season, long before a lot of this stuff happened. So I don't think it lead to Belichick leaving.

But for me, this does sound insane from Kraft.

You're going to undercut the best coach in NFL history because he blew the Harry pick? It's 6 years later now. Only 2 of the 9 WRs who were selected in the first and second round that day are still with their teams. In fact, 5 of them busted. AJ Brown is obviously no longer with the Titans.

One wonder if Kraft would've given AJ $100m dollars, $60m guaranteed, a year early on his contract.

Bill’s army of leakers are out there trying to repair his reputation.
It won’t work. As a GM without Brady he screwed up period.
No amount of anonymous sources will fix it.
Just like krafts didnt wait 24 hrs before starting the smear campaign across all media against the GOAT coach.

Of course Brady was on Ross's boat before the season, long before a lot of this stuff happened. So I don't think it lead to Belichick leaving.

You're going to undercut the best coach in NFL history because he blew the Harry pick? It's 6 years later now. Only 2 of the 9 WRs who were selected in the first and second round that day are still with their teams. In fact, 5 of them busted. AJ Brown is obviously no longer with the Titans.

One wonder if Kraft would've given AJ $100m dollars, $60m guaranteed, a year early on his contract.
There are many ways to build a team . Bb it seems always believed not drafting very soon to be expensive skilled position players a lot and coach them up with his QB . He made some exceptions like Gronk. This allowed his team to be competitive for 20+ yrs. unlike the dolphins right now. After reaping the benefits of this , the krafts are leaking info and making a smear campaign that it was all BB, we need checks and balances, BB made all decisions etc etc.

I ignore the leaks and use common sense, going on a 20 year history of the type of WRs Bill picked and went after and the fact we spent 10 years crying about a deep threat which never came common sense tells me Thornton was a Groh pick not a Bill pick.

I can't excuse Bill of the Meyers thing cause this team has a history of not rewarding players who were a bargain who massively outplayed their draft position or UDFA status and then weren't rewarded their market value.

Which do you think aren’t?
I don’t think BB let’s himself overrule by the scouts for the 15 overall pick, a very important selection where the team needed a qb, and would have just selected mills at 15
Mills at 15, this can’t be true

I don’t think BB let’s himself overrule by the scouts for the 15 overall pick, a very important selection where the team needed a qb, and would have just selected mills at 15
Mills at 15, this can’t be true
I dont think it was mills at 15, it was trading back or picking mills later.

I wanted Belichick gone. I don't comment on here a lot, so I'm not known to people here, but I will be the first to say I'm glad he's gone. It was a great run but all things come to an end. That being said hiring a new coach from inside the organization, and apparently not hiring a GM seems absolutely insane to me. You can't expect a change in the team's trajectory if you fire exactly one guy and just shift duties around so you have the same 99.9% of people doing the same stuff as before.

Mayo may be good, or he may be hogtied by an owner that has decided to meddle. Time will tell. At this point I am not discounting the possibility of more years of top five picks and a ton of finger pointing about whose fault it is.

I agree that the seeds for the Brady/BB falling out were already sown when the Pats drafted Harry. Brady leaving began the process for BB being fired. The Krafts to started to start to undercut BB's authority which had unintended consequences, including BB trying to adopt a more collaborative approach as opposed to following his own instincts. Throw in Gisele for sex appeal and there is a great movie to be made once all the dust settles.

I love all of this revisionist history but reality is a *****. These are the facts:

1. Bill was the GM. He had the final say. Bill said so himself on the Jan 8th morning presser: " somebody had to make the final decision." He was that somebody.

2. Regardless of how Bill felt about Mac, it was Bill that decided to bring in his buddies Fat Matt and Joe Judge to run the offense in '22. It was a hot mess. Pretty much everyone across the league questioned that decision. Krafts were not involved in that genius move.

3. Bill's record as HC the last 2 seasons was 12-22 (.353), missing playoffs and with the offense getting progressively worse. The pattern of the team continuously making mistakes, penalties, turnovers was consistent from 2020 through 2023. That's irrefutable and 100% on the HC.

4. Like I've been saying for years, Bill could no longer reach these younger modern players. That's not going to change no matter where he goes.

1705337344402.png

I know the IBBWT posters are devasted that their idol was fired and are grasping at straws to make excuses for his terrible performance as both GM and HC after Brady left, but I'm happy the Krafts stepped in to put a stop to the bleeding. Bill has been the problem and needed to go, period.

Maybe y'all can become Cowboy fans or Falcon fans, once he finds a new job somewhere. I honestly hope it's the Cowboys so he doesn't have any excuses when he fails again somewhere else.

You're a ****ing liar. It's well documented, and you know this, that the boat incident was in 2020 after the Pats season was over. You continue to shamelessly spread your lies as if it actually matters.

shame-shame-shame-shame.gif

I love all of this revisionist history but reality is a *****. These are the facts:

1. Bill was the GM. He had the final say. Bill said so himself on the Jan 8th morning presser: " somebody had to make the final decision." He was that somebody.

2. Regardless of how Bill felt about Mac, it was Bill that decided to bring in his buddies Fat Matt and Joe Judge to run the offense in '22. It was a hot mess. Pretty much everyone across the league questioned that decision. Krafts were not involved in that genius move.

3. Bill's record as HC the last 2 seasons was 12-22 (.353), missing playoffs and with the offense getting progressively worse. The pattern of the team continuously making mistakes, penalties, turnovers was consistent from 2020 through 2023. That's irrefutable and 100% on the HC.

4. Like I've been saying for years, Bill could no longer reach these younger modern players. That's not going to change no matter where he goes.

View attachment 55936

I know the IBBWT posters are devasted that their idol was fired and are grasping at straws to make excuses for his terrible performance as both GM and HC after Brady left, but I'm happy the Krafts stepped in to put a stop to the bleeding. Bill has been the problem and needed to go, period.

Maybe y'all can become Cowboy fans or Falcon fans, once he finds a new job somewhere. I honestly hope it's the Cowboys so he doesn't have any excuses when he fails again somewhere else.
I know one thing's for sure. I'm never going to say "y'all".

I'm sure the IBBWT sycophants will blame Kraft for Bill's genius succession plan to replace Brady. Bill thought he could win with Stidham after he saw this picture.

SmartSelect_20220208-182207_Firefox.jpg

Hoyer was his back-up, a solid QB despite never being able to win a game in NE.

Screenshot_20240115_123220_Firefox.jpg

Thankfully, Bill realized in time that the answer lied with Cam Newton. Bill should've won COY in 2020 for the excellent work he did with this trio of QBs.

20240105_102851.jpg

2021 was when Bill hit the jackpot. He drafted the heir-apparent to Brady, Mac Jones. I remember when the IBBWT sycophants were comparing Mac's rookie year with Bradys'. Good times.

Fdh3yFXXEAEPSF5.jpg

Fortunately, in 2022, Bill hit the jackpot again, drafting Bailey Zappe to take over as starting QB, after he realized what a colossal mistake he made with Mac. Kid has spunk.

Screenshot_20240115_124653_Firefox.jpg

Now there's word that Bill never wanted Mac Jones. Bill thought Davis Mills would be the heir-apparent to Brady? Honestly, it looks like they're both the same guy. If they would've listened to Bill, the team would've at least tied a game the last 2 seasons.

Screenshot_20240115_125316_Firefox.jpg

I'm sure the IBBWT sycophants will blame Kraft for Bill's genius succession plan to replace Brady. Bill thought he could win with Stidham after he saw this picture.

View attachment 55939

Hoyer was his back-up, a solid QB despite never being able to win a game in NE.

View attachment 55940

Thankfully, Bill realized in time that the answer lied with Cam Newton. Bill should've won COY in 2020 for the excellent work he did with this trio of QBs.

View attachment 55943

2021 was when Bill hit the jackpot. He drafted the heir-apparent to Brady, Mac Jones. I remember when the IBBWT sycophants were comparing Mac's rookie year with Bradys'. Good times.

View attachment 55942

Fortunately, in 2022, Bill hit the jackpot again, drafting Bailey Zappe to take over as starting QB, after he realized what a colossal mistake he made with Mac. Kid has spunk.

View attachment 55944

Now there's word that Bill never wanted Mac Jones. Bill thought Davis Mills would be the heir-apparent to Brady? Honestly, it looks like they're both the same guy. If they would've listened to Bill, the team would've at least tied a game the last 2 seasons.

View attachment 55945

Mac was picked by BB. He wanted him.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3