PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Retirement Seems Likely for Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light has just been appointed to be in the NFLPA Executive players committee, could be an indication he will be back.

Re: Rotoworld Speculation: Matt Light to retire

Bonzo speculation: Light doesn't retire. Or, at the least, camps out on the shadow roster for half a season.

Bono....by any chance is your username derived from the late, great John Henry Bonham?

Mario Williams and Mark Anderson just read this and lit up from ear to ear

Hey wait..... Didn't you already get your 1 victory out of 20 games last year? My math says this means you won't win another for 10 years.

Probably better off taking baby steps and trolling the Jets pathetic boards. :cool:

Hey wait..... Didn't you already get your 1 victory out of 20 games last year? My math says this means you won't win another for 10 years.

Probably better off taking baby steps and trolling the Jets pathetic boards. :cool:

I didn't insult any of you. You guys sound scared. I think we're gonna push Tom Terrific's retirement up a couple of years this season.

I didn't insult any of you. You guys sound scared. I think we're gonna push Tom Terrific's retirement up a couple of years this season.

Nate Solder made Cameron Wake pretty much useless twice last season and Wake is a far superior player to Anderson and isn't far off Williams, Vollmer if he's healthy will be as good as he always was, so unfortunately your excitement is misplaced on a Patriots board, I suggest going to JI where you can gloat about Sanchez being hit because of the turnstile RT Wayne Hunter.

Nate Solder made Cameron Wake pretty much useless twice last season and Wake is a far superior player to Anderson and isn't far off Williams, Vollmer if he's healthy will be as good as he always was, so unfortunately your excitement is misplaced on a Patriots board, I suggest going to JI where you can gloat about Sanchez being hit because of the turnstile RT Wayne Hunter.

I'm curious as to how you plan on stopping all 4 of our down linemen on every play.

Williams-Williams-Dareus-Anderson

with a rotation of Kelsay, Merriman, Johnson, Carrington.

There will be consistent pressure on Brady every single play, and with Merriman being only a 3rd down pass rusher this year, I think we will see his most productive year since 2007.

I'm curious as to how you plan on stopping all 4 of our down linemen on every play.

There will be consistent pressure on Brady every single play, and with Merriman being only a 3rd down pass rusher this year, I think we will see his most productive year since 2007.

Just taking a wild guess here, blocking them will probably be a big part of it. Some of the guys involved could be:

• Logan Mankins -- Pro Bowler
  • Brian Waters -- Pro Bowler
  • Sebastian Vollmer -- Recent All-Pro
  • Matt Light or Nate Solder -- Pro Bowler or guy who beat him out for the job
  • Dan Connolly -- career back-up who sort of beat out one-time Pro-Bowler Dan Koppen for the job
  • Rob Gronkowski -- Pro-Bowler

Williams-Dareus

All of these dudes were non factors last year I am sure you will agree. The reason we should be "scared" this year is....? I am not a-scared. I don't play anymore. Solder and Volmer are fairly good athletic OT's. In fact one might say far better than your two OT's who are.............? Oh yeah, no one yet.

I respect your optimism. You got two decent players. Injuries in the NFL are factors. If Mario is healthy and Anderson can show he is more than a part time player, you will have a nice D Line. Behind them at LB is another issue.

I would say it will not be a stretch to say the average points for the Patriots in both games still over 30. It remains to be seen what kind of day your QB has, to determine the outcome. And then my Buffalo Cousin, with the new rumor of DeMarcus Ware (tic) coming to the Pats and well as Matt Forte, well we will just have to see who has improved when the game is played on the field. Wait until your Buffalo site mates sees those two new adds and see what the reaction is. I hope your day has some agonizing reappraisal.
DW Toys

Last edited:
I think the bigger question will be how do the Bills intend on stopping Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Fiametti,Welker,Gronkowski,Lloyd,Hernandez ??

I think the bigger question will be how do the Bills intend on stopping Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Fiametti,Welker,Gronkowski,Lloyd,Hernandez ??

Stallworth too.

If the Pats go 3 wide + Gronk (Hernandez lined up as a back)....Stallworth will be matched up against a teams #3 CB so that could cause mismatches too.

Hernandez out of the backfield means a LB will probably end up trying to cover him...another massive mismatch.

Lol at the first half of that list.

As for Gronk, he will have to stay in and block a lto more against us. He didn't have to do that last year. Same goes for Hernandez. Lloyd is a one trick pony, and Welker doesn't run long routes. If the Bills can stop the bombs to Lloyd I think we'll be fine.

Williams-Dareus

All of these dudes were non factors last year I am sure you will agree. The reason we should be "scared" this year is....? I am not a-scared. I don't play anymore. Solder and Volmer are fairly good athletic OT's. In fact one might say far better than your two OT's who are.............? Oh yeah, no one yet.

I respect your optimism. You got two decent players. Injuries in the NFL are factors. If Mario is healthy and Anderson can show he is more than a part time player, you will have a nice D Line. Behind them at LB is another issue.

I would say it will not be a stretch to say the average points for the Patriots in both games still over 30. It remains to be seen what kind of day your QB has, to determine the outcome. And then my Buffalo Cousin, with the new rumor of DeMarcus Ware (tic) coming to the Pats and well as Matt Forte, well we will just have to see who has improved when the game is played on the field. Wait until your Buffalo site mates sees those two new adds and see what the reaction is. I hope your day has some agonizing reappraisal.
DW Toys

Kyle Williams was hurt so that could be one reason... Same goes for Merriman. It was basically Dareus on the line by himself. Having four consistant pass rushers will make all of them better as they will feed off each other.

Williams-Dareus

DW Toys

And comparing your OT's to our OT's makes no sense since you guys ahve nobody who can rush the passer. I'm aware Wilfork is a Patriot, but he can't do it himself.

Lol at the first half of that list.

As for Gronk, he will have to stay in and block a lto more against us. He didn't have to do that last year. Same goes for Hernandez. Lloyd is a one trick pony, and Welker doesn't run long routes. If the Bills can stop the bombs to Lloyd I think we'll be fine.

So much wrong in one post it's actually quite funny.

Lloyd is a one trick pony? That's odd, he runs all the routes and makes some of the most spectacular catches you'll ever see...hardly one trick.

Welker ran a number of deep routes last season, including beating Revis for 60+ yards.

Gronkowski & Hernandez will not have to stay in to block all the time against the Bills either, the Giants couldn't even get constant pressure on the Patriots and they have the best D line in Football by some distance.

Simple way to slow down the Bills: no huddle, 3 step drops and 8 yard pick ups every pass.

So much wrong in one post it's actually quite funny.

Lloyd is a one trick pony? That's odd, he runs all the routes and makes some of the most spectacular catches you'll ever see...hardly one trick.

Welker ran a number of deep routes last season, including beating Revis for 60+ yards.

Gronkowski & Hernandez will not have to stay in to block all the time against the Bills either, the Giants couldn't even get constant pressure on the Patriots and they have the best D line in Football by some distance.

Simple way to slow down the Bills: no huddle, 3 step drops and 8 yard pick ups every pass.

Lloyd reminnds me of Lee Evans. Lee could run for days, and when Losman was on, he'd have a 76 yard touchdown catch. And then other weeks, or when Edwards became our QB and didn't throw deep anymore he would disppear. That's Lloyd to me in a nutshell. I'm sure he'll have some big plays, but I also see him disappearing at times when Brady doesn't have enough time to wait for him to get open down field.

Edit: The Giants pressure is a main reason they won the Super Bowl. Remember when Brady fired a pass to nobody 50 yards down field?

Last edited:

I think that Bills fans have been drinking extra heavily this winter.

And then my Buffalo Cousin, with the new rumor of DeMarcus Ware (tic) coming to the Pats and well as Matt Forte, well we will just have to see who has improved when the game is played on the field. Wait until your Buffalo site mates sees those two new adds and see what the reaction is. I hope your day has some agonizing reappraisal.
DW Toys

DW...What the hell are you talking about?

You're a good guy, but where do you pull some of this stuff from?

"We're getting Demarcus Forte!!!..."

Incapacitated Barbie staggers out of the bar and falls face first into a pile of buffalo chicken bones and Chinese pigeon wings...some might say she's an "idle roomer"....

party-hard-barbie-drunk-wasted-party-hard-demotivational-poster-1258130655.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back