PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard - Pats NOT IN on lamar Jackson....

Lmao pro bowl. Mac also scrambled for an 80 yard TD does that make him a dual threat QB?
You can pretend it doesn’t matter all you want. The guy couldn’t hit a single target in the accuracy challenge

Literally lost to a wide receiver

What I wrote last night is already proving true... Lamar is now in self-defense mode.
Once millennials start thinking out-loud, on twitter, posting every fleeting thought as it crosses ones brain, it only goes badly.
This doesn't reflect "franchise leader" behavior that would ensure teams about to spend $200M+
This is why he needs paid representation - why all players do. To protect you from yourself... and your momma who sits at home and keeps telling you on the phone, "no amount of money is too much for my baby!"

Lamar isn’t a millennial

LIsten, we have a faction of fans who are basically going nuts because we haven't won a playoff game in 4 years and only been to the playoffs twice in those 4 years. Now I don't blame those fans particularly, the previous 2 decades were filled with biannual trips to the superbowl and seemingly every year in the AFCCG. A bit of hyperbole on the last part, but with NINE superbowl appearances in 19 years pretty damned close on the first point.

So they are a bit spoiled. We all are to a degree. Its that "degree" that is often the sticking point. Maybe its a symptom of the times. "I want it, and I want it NOW. And if I don't get what I want, I need someone to BLAME". Sound familiar?

But it just occurred to me that there is ANOTHER franchise, which has had relative success in the league although not nearly to the level that we've seen here. They are a respected organization, that has had a strong FO and a long term HC. THEY, a lot like us, have endure a period of FIVE years without a playoff win. And during this time have been led by the SAME QB that some of us so desperately want to acquire a the cost of a $50MM/yr contract, and TWO first round picks....at least. And to what end?

MAYBE, and that's a big maybe, you have a 2-3 year window where you can compete in a REALLY tough division, and even TOUGHER conference in the hopes your team gets enough bounces calls and plays to win a superbowl, when you KNOW through hard experience that you DON'T always get the call, bounces, and plays that win you a superbowl. Just think about how close we have been to losing or winning them, or just think about just how close the Bengals have been the last 2 years, and the Eagles last year, etc.

BUT adding Jackson means you DON'T add $20-30MM in talent each year, you lose 2 high quality prospects that add talent and keep costs down for a time when you are lucky enough to hit on a first round pick. The point being you just don't add a player with a perceived value as Jackson in a vacuum. There are consequences as well. Just like there are for any player....to a degree.

So to make a short story long. Should we be REALLY invested into getting a QB, as individually talented as he is, but hasn't had any more success in winning playoff games in that 5 years he's been the Ravens QB, than we have had in 4 years with Brady, Newton, and Mac.
Just say'n
Bang on... see I am frustrated as well with lack of success over last 4 years , but that doesn't mean we swallow whatever pill that comes our way , in this case lamar . The last thing we need is a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott kind of deal where you lose 2 draft assets and are committed to a qb with no option to upgrade at any position of need .

Till we hit a mahomes or burrow I am okay to keep rolling the dice with a rookie qb or mid level game manager under 20 million. We might get lucky like the eagles and win a superbowl .

Our best option is for Mac to become a cousins or Matt Stafford and sign a below 25 million aav contract . I have a feeling the big contracts (40+) for mid tier qbs will start to come down in couple of years like what is happening for running backs. If purdy starts to lead 49ers to post season again and same happens with mac, teams ard going to start evaluating qb contracts . Daniel jones this year will give us a good idea of whether its a smart move to pay 40 million to an average QB. Same with cousins next contract . I don't expect him to top more than 20 million. Lot more incentive based.

You are elite or you are not . Right now there are Prolly around 5-7 ELITE qbs in NFL and lamar isn't one !

Last edited:
Let's go get one ...

You have to understand that with the dual threat of running, pass protection for lamar is much better as the pass rush is not too much so he has more time in pocket to make passes if need be.

As the threat due to legs diminishes , pass rush from opponents will increase and the current passing stats though miniscule will further reduce.

BCG love your views, but on lamar beg to differ ... not at all sold on him . He is not elite as a QB.

Bang on... see I am frustrated as well with lack of success over last 4 years , but that doesn't mean we swallow whatever pill that comes our way , in this case lamar . The last thing we need is a Russell Wilson or Dakota Prescott kind of deal where you lose 2 draft assets and are committed to a qb with no option to upgrade at any position of need .

Till we hit a mahomes or burrow I am okay to keep rolling the dice with a rookie qb or mid level game manager under 20 million. We might get lucky like the eagles and win a superbowl .

Our best option is for Mac to become a cousins or Matt Stafford and sign a below 25 million aav contract . I have a feeling the big contracts (40+) for mid tier qbs will start to come down in couple of years like what is happening for running backs. If purdy starts to lead 49ers to post season again and same happens with mac, teams ard going to start evaluating qb contracts . Daniel jones this year will give us a good idea of whether its a smart move to pay 40 million to an average QB. Same with cousins next contract . I don't expect him to top more than 20 million. Lot more incentive based.

You are elite or you are not . Right now there are Prolly around 5-7 ELITE qbs in NFL and lamar isn't one
Generally agree with this take, though curious to know who you'd count as the 5-7 elite QBs. I'd say Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen probably make anybody's list. Herbert also makes mine, though the Chargers being the Chargers might lead to him never getting a ring. And finally, barring a major down year, Lawrence will almost certainly get there.

Beyond that though, who's left? Hurts having another season similar to last year could be enough for him to enter the conversation. Rodgers had probably his weakest season as a starter but perhaps he could show he's got something left in the tank? And Watson could well rebound given that he barely had time to acclimate to his new team.

Jackson compensates for "loses in talent" elsewhere. That's what elite franchise quarterbacks do. Nobody can have everything. It's matter of how and where you want to invest in your roster. With an average QB (like Mac) you have to build Rome around him to win. An elite franchise quarterback you can surround with Detroit, MI.

It's starts with the QB, so the closer to the top you are at that position, the better off you are. Brady and Mahomes have appeared in 8 of the last 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. That's not coincidence.
Did you skip the last half of Kens post? What success has Baltimore had with Lamar as their QB?

Did you skip the last half of Kens post? What success has Baltimore had with Lamar as their QB?
Since Lamar has been on the roster, Baltimore is 45-16 with him, and 8-13 without him. So, as you can see, they suck without him. Lamar wins a lot of games, which is the point. I know, 1-3 in the postseason, they even find ways to lose in the postseason with Lamar gaining 500 yards. He's 26, I'm not ready to close the books on his postseason accomplishments after merely 4 games.

***ante is still so butthurt lol

Lamar with the right offensive coach will be even better than he is currently. If Bill has any hope of winning another SB, he needs to hit a homerun at QB. He hit a single with Mac, but getting Lamar would be a grand slam. His passing yards are not great but Baltimore kept him on a leash, only giving him 300 or so passing attempts last season. In contrast, Timmy had over 700 passing attempts and Mahomes over 600. Harbaugh clearly doesn't trust Lamar with the ball and Lamar wants out.

Bang on... see I am frustrated as well with lack of success over last 4 years , but that doesn't mean we swallow whatever pill that comes our way , in this case lamar . The last thing we need is a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott kind of deal where you lose 2 draft assets and are committed to a qb with no option to upgrade at any position of need .

You are elite or you are not . Right now there are Prolly around 5-7 ELITE qbs in NFL and lamar isn't one !
It is really too bad that Purdy got hurt in the playoff game. It would have been a great test of the solid QB surrounded by deep talent model of team building. If nothing else it would have cut down on some of the craziness surrounding the Pats offseason.

Salty ass *****
He makes that catch, Patriots win and we're probably not playing Bernard Pollard's team in the opener the following year.

So I blame ***ante for Brady's injury!

He makes that catch, Patriots win and we're probably not playing Bernard Pollard's team in the opener the following year.

So I blame ***ante for Brady's injury!
He makes the catch instead of laughing about it and we don't have to worry about Carrey not blowing the play dead the way he said he should have or Asante not being in position to make the stop on that same play or Asante being burned for the TD in the end zone.

Soooooo, this should be the last “Pats not interested in Lamar” article then. Thank Goodness!
Haven't you read even ONE of the thousands of "up Lamar's azz" posts by a certain "member here?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back