PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Belichick “rumblings”

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don’t really disagree with anything else you said but this part isn’t accurate. The benching (and eventual release) of Kosar in ‘93 left BB temporarily vilified...my uncle, who is a Bears fan and had no dog in the fight, HATED Belichick for this for reasons still unclear to me.

Indeed, by the time they made the playoffs behind Testaverde and won a game in ‘94 he was clearly vindicated, as you note. The forces that put CLE on the move to BAL and all that swirled around it the following season had nothing at all to do with Kosar. In the end, all BB really did to the guy was get him a SB ring when he went to the ‘93 Cowboys.
Kosar was cooked

Kosar was cooked
Kosar was cooked for a full 3+ seasons by the time Belichick replaced him. He really should’ve replaced him at the end of the ‘92 season.

3-10 record, 54% completion, 10 TDs, 15 INTs

6-10 record, 62% completion, 18 TDs, 9 INTs

2-5 record, 66% completion, 8 TDs, 7 INTs

It is gonna be a long off season.. this year it started about 4 weeks earlier than usual.

I don’t think Kraft is becoming like Snyder or Jerry as a meddler. The Jimmy G trade was a very unique situation, where we’d have to make a guy with a couple of starts under his belt the highest paid QB in league, while cutting ties with best player in NFL history. And AB cut was because of NFL, which is why no other team picked him up.

I agree with the first part but you're putting the cart before the horse concerning AB. The guy was here and playing, and if Kraft doesn't dump him he could have played. Any talk of AB being on the exempt list came after he was gone.

Ok, when Bill is gone and we have our next coach here, let's re open the discussion and we'll see your thoughts then.

I know that the poster came on a little strong, but I'm leaning toward Brady as the key to the Pats success more than Belichick. As Bill often says, it's a player's game.

History repeats itself.

Part of me buys into BB wanting Brady to move on. I believe that BB does not like Alex Guerro interfering with his trainers and dieticiens. I believe that Brady does go to Kraft to get what he wants.

I believe that BB is 100% confident that he can win another Super Bowl without Brady. The NY Giants won Super Bowls with 2 different QBs. In fact, this 2019 NE team reminded me of the those Giants teams. Very few Stars were on those teams. They played well coached situational football. Won some and lost some.

Grains of salt and all that:

"There have been increasing NFL rumors that perhaps Belichick is not as wedded to Foxborough as many of us, certainly me, thought. Is Belichick setting up a final test on whether he has complete control of the football operations? I think Belichick would be OK with Brady being back, but not at the expense of the rest of the team. There are four openings out there and they won’t last forever. If Belichick is contemplating a move, it would have to come soon. There’s no solid intel, but some rumblings I hadn’t heard before. So I don’t rule anything out. For the record, my money is still on Bill and Tom being back together again for Year 21."

BSJ Game Report: Titans 20, Patriots 13 - New England goes out with a whimper against upstart Tennessee | Boston Sports Journal

(Mod edit by Ian to make it a little easier to read and added link)

I have had season tickets going on 24 years now and I believe that BB is a HUGE reason why the Pats have been so successful. I believe they will still dominate the east and be competitive with or without TB12. I also believe that because of TB12, and his historic clutch ability, the Pats have been so successful...HOWEVER:

I have a very rich friend who goes to the same country club as some of the Krafts, mainly Jonathan. From what he told me, there has been a power struggle within the Pats organization and Jonathan has slowly, but surely been taking more control of the Patriots operations than BB likes. He(Jonathan Kraft) was the driving force behind the Jimmy G trade and many other personnel decisions that coach BB was against, but overruled by Jonathan, with his fathers backing.

This has created huge animosity between BB and Jonathan, and to a degree...Bob.

It has gone so south, that BB might even be leaving the organization...Let's hope he at least breaks Schulas record first...but I just wanted to share the gossip. It isn't TB12 that we need to worry about leaving...Its BB. You heard it here first.

I have had season tickets going on 24 years now and I believe that BB is a HUGE reason why the Pats have been so successful. I believe they will still dominate the east and be competitive with or without TB12. I also believe that because of TB12, and his historic clutch ability, the Pats have been so successful...HOWEVER:

I have a very rich friend who goes to the same country club as some of the Krafts, mainly Jonathan. From what he told me, there has been a power struggle within the Pats organization and Jonathan has slowly, but surely been taking more control of the Patriots operations than BB likes. He(Jonathan Kraft) was the driving force behind the Jimmy G trade and many other personnel decisions that coach BB was against, but overruled by Jonathan, with his fathers backing.

It has gone so south, that BB might even be leaving the organization...Let's hope he at least breaks Schulas record first...but I just wanted to share the gossip. It isn't TB12 that we need to worry about leaving...Its BB. You heard it here first.
Is gossip from the country club set better than the nail salon gossip?

Is gossip from the country club set better than the nail salon gossip?
It’s a step above Nail Salon gossip, but reliability of CC club gossip falls just short of Massage Parlor gossip.

I can't argue with that but he was talking like Bill was a below average coach which is just ridiculous.

I know that the poster came on a little strong, but I'm leaning toward Brady as the key to the Pats success more than Belichick. As Bill often says, it's a player's game.

IllustriousOblongChanticleer-max-1mb.gif

II have a very rich friend who goes to the same country club as some of the Krafts, mainly Jonathan. From what he told me, there has been a power struggle within the Pats organization and Jonathan has slowly, but surely been taking more control of the Patriots operations than BB likes. He(Jonathan Kraft) was the driving force behind the Jimmy G trade and many other personnel decisions that coach BB was against, but overruled by Jonathan, with his fathers backing.

Jonathan Kraft's qualifications to run a football operation are limited to his being the son of the owner. Woe betide this franchise if this moron runs the GOAT coach out of town just as he's losing the GOAT quarterback.

Hard to believe. I sure hope Jonathan is smarter than this -- not only for what you suggest he allegedly is doing/has done, but for blabbing about it at a freaking country club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing