PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Because hyperbole is mind-numbing when it becomes "truth"...

I’m not willfully ignoring anything, I completely understand what you are saying and I disagree.
Ive explained in detail why I disagree. Perhaps you are willfully ignoring that?

Fair enough, I retract the willfully ignore comment. It wasn't fair and didn't add to the debate in a constructive way.

Yep! We all know those defenses were not "elite" units or stout but they certainly weren't putrid. They were good enough to win with.

In 2011, we were first in turnovers.

What was frustrating that year was going up 4-5 scores and then letting the opponents score late.

I thought patsfans was going to have a meltdown in the Indy game.

In 2011, we were first in turnovers.

What was frustrating that year was going up 4-5 scores and then letting the opponents score late.

I thought patsfans was going to have a meltdown in the Indy game.
Yep those early 2010 teams had active defenses. 2010 + 2011+2012 they had 68 INTs and 52 forced fumbles.

Bill knew he didn't have the beef in the front 7 and the elite cover guys so he went to a more ballhawking style of play

He's gone because he quit. Had he stayed here, he'd have a good shot at winning the Super bowl in 2021. He went to where the grass was greener. it’s his right to leave, but he decided to bolt because he didn’t have the weapons.

he didn't have the weapons because somebody else didn't give him the weapons. one can only speculate as to why he did not give him the weapons.....not worth it as it won't change anything.....go Cam! go Pats!

Yes, in other words, he quit
I could have sworn I watched him in the SB. Did he quit this week? I thought he was going to play next year too.

I could have sworn I watched him in the SB. Did he quit this week? I thought he was going to play next year too.

He quit the PATS

Yep! We all know those defenses were not "elite" units or stout but they certainly weren't putrid. They were good enough to win with.
The best defense is the one that produces the best results, not the one that people “extrapolate” and pick apart cumulative statistics over the course of a season accumulated under different conditions, circumstances and objectives in order to claim the lesser results equal a better defense.
It’s like saying the team that won the SB wasn’t the best team when the determination of who is best is clearly identified and earned on the field.

Last edited:
He quit the PATS
Brady played with the same franchise for 326 games including playoffs, over a span of 20 years, more than any quarterback in the history of the sport.

What a disloyal little **** that guy is, right? Imagine being that ungrateful!

so I got a question I bet hasn't been asked anywhere before...who was more responsible for the Pats 20 year run of success...Brady or BB? I'll sit back and wait with great anticipation the avalanche of responses that will surely follow this ground breaking question...*signed* Joe "Dead Horse" Kerr

Similarly who is most responsible for the Jets 50 plus years of futility?

Similarly who is most responsible for the Jets 50 plus years of futility?

8eb115b97a8f29a56876c38a9ccc2188
cba940af961926acbc71bffffe8b13fe.jpg

When are people going to wise up and realize that Brady quit on the Patriots when things got tough? He had one season in 2019 where his weapons weren't great and he immediately bolted (if Brady waited around, he'd have a great shot at winning #7 with the Pats in 2021). All the guy cares about are super bowls. He doesn't care about the Patriots, the NE fanbase, or even the Tampa organization. He will go wherever he has a good shot to get a ring. I said it before, but if the Bucs didn't re-sign all those players, Brady would be incredibly moody now (in contrast he's as chipper as ever).
Reche Caldwell says hi...

This post is a work of art.

Is this like that NFT stuff?
**** NFT's, google VeChain and Fetch.AI (t-systems project w/ fetch is going to be massive). You can purchase both through the binance.us app. Thank me in a few years.

He quit the PATS
No that is not what happened. A few things happen that lead to Brady's departure. One, the team reached a level where they were very cap strapped and his contract came up. Now if Brady was hell bent on staying, they could have signed him, but at the cost of losing a lot of players. Two, at this point in Brady's career, it would be hard for him to go through another rebuild, and it would not really help the team reach its ultimate goal. Three. belichick (if you believe the reports) has been wanting to move on from Brady since 2017 because of the thought that he did not have a lot of time left. This adds an element that the team wants to move on from you and as a QB, that can speed up the process of you wanting to go to another place that still needs your service.
Basically Brady played at a level that QB's his age do not, and this threw a monkey wrench in how the pats approached years to come. Brady's contract was up, the pats had zero money, were needing to do a major rebuild and Brady still was in a place where he could compete for championships and that is not where the pats were. If Brady was 30, this is no big deal, but he was 42. Brady gave his life, a lot of his body, and everything for this team for 19 years, he did not still owe them anything, and as I said, he was still playing a level that he could still win titles.
In other words, the team was ready to start over and he was not. That is not quiting.

On several occasions, the Pats D has ended up in the top 10 in the league in fewest points allowed but if you actually watched the games (and saw their ability to get off the field on third down, for instance), it was ridiculous to consider them a top 10 defense.
I could have said that in a lot of years, even ones we won the superbowl. An offense that does not turn the ball over and has good drives and produce points helps the defense greatly. Time off the field, not putting the D in bad positions. If you look at Tampa, in 2019 with the same guys they gave up a ton more points on defense, nobody considered them a good defense, then magically in 2020, their defense was almighty? I remember watching pats games even in great years being frustrated watching the defense not be able to get off the field on 3rd down, and getting zero pressure on the QB. Not to mention defense that have also have a great offense tend to make other teams take more chances which can also lead to turnovers. Complimentary football is the key. Its very rare that a defense is so great that they can have a bad offense and still not give up points.

He's gone because he quit. Had he stayed here, he'd have a good shot at winning the Super bowl in 2021. He went to where the grass was greener. it’s his right to leave, but he decided to bolt because he didn’t have the weapons.

Your post would have been much better quality if you cut all of that down and left it as "it's his right to leave".

Also

"Buccaneers fans on ignore list: Deus, sb1, XLIX, venocol, TheRainMaker, PatsWSB47, Lagaffe_07, carmelo15, Bleedthrough, Biffins, amfootball"

:D:D:D:D:D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back