PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB: Our passing game isn't as efficient as it needs to be

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Yep - we're going to see some major changes this offseason. I wonder if we'll punt on our entire receiving and TE corps. I'm wondering too if Bill is inclined to give Cam the benefit of the doubt and will want to see what he does when these problems are fixed. Sounds like he might be assuming it's at the right price....

Same WR/TE issues as last year.........and GM Bill failed to resolve them...and in fact..... the situation has deteriorated year over year.

GM Bill also signed a QB incapable of short passes to run Coach Bill's short pass offense

No **** Bill ! Let’s see what happens this off season , we have a lot of needs QB has to be a priority!!

YES and BB that is completely on you and your coaching staff and the front office. Do your job. These same problems were present last year and you did ZERO to fix them. This year you got a free pass, next year not so much.

No sh*t our passing game isn’t where it should be. We have the worst WR/TE core in the league and a QB who winds up like it’s a Hail Mary to throw a 10 yard out.

AJ Brown
Adam Trautman
Harrison Bryant
Nick Chubb

Playoffs.
I love you Captain, but you have to also give credit where credit is due...how about D. Harris 3rd round, Thuney 3rd round, Mason 4th round, Wino 3rd round, JC Jackson f/a, Matthew Slater 5th round and who could forget the best pick of all time: Tom fricken Brady in the 6th round...

I hope this means Ryan Izzo won’t be our number one tight end for a third year in a row.

LOL that he mentioned separation as also being an issue. Some of the more adamant posters in here saying that it wasn’t are not going to be happy to hear that.

LOL that he mentioned separation as also being an issue. Some of the more adamant posters in here saying that it wasn’t are not going to be happy to hear that.
Too bad you don't get anything for drafting soft, slow WR's incapable of beating press or seperating in the first round!

BB cannot be deceived by Cam's charisma. We can all recognize he's a great guy, but since when does off-field allure come into play with on-field decisions. Maybe signing Flutie or Seau are the few times BB made roster decisions for nostalgic purposes. So, I'm trusting that with some time and distance to evaluate, BB will start over with the QB search. If he does bring Cam back, I'm going to live off the grid afterall as the world prepares for the anti-christ.

It's the 29th-rated passing "attack."

Receiving corps is, well, more a receiving corpse.

Tight ends? None, really.

Cam blows. I mean, he's a nice enough fella, make a good greeter at a batting cage or something. But as a qb, he blows.

We might as well confirm these unsubtantiated rumors that Stidham blows too.

Then start over. It happens.

Meyers gets separation.

Not sure on Byrd.

Biggest plus and biggest knock on Harry coming out: will win contested passes, but won't get separation. they got what they paid for. if they overpaid, that's on them. And I still think Harry succeeds in another system.

Meyers gets separation.

Not sure on Byrd.

Biggest plus and biggest knock on Harry coming out: will win contested passes, but won't get separation. they got what they paid for. if they overpaid, that's on them. And I still think Harry succeeds in another system.
Byrd is alright, shouldn’t be a number one or two receiver though...hope Byrd returns as a three or four WR.

Yeah. He might well "succeed" at some level, but there's not a chance in h*** he'll ever be a player worthy of a first-round pick.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back