PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB loves him some Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

LOL.

If this is not BS then welp- a 1-3 start it is.

1-3 with a W over the Jets. Cam showed last year he can at least do that.

I really hope Mac wins the job in camp.
He also beat the Dolphins. Saints will have Winston and Hill. Big upgrades from FA and returnees. 3-1 far more likely than 1-3.

I said once they're mathematically eliminated Jones will get a start

He also beat the Dolphins. Saints will have Winston and Hill. Big upgrades from FA and returnees. 3-1 far more likely than 1-3.
The Dolphins will be better than last year offensively in my opinion and something tells me that Flores will not let Cam surprise him twice.

To bad that the excellent offseason that Bill had will be destroyed by his blinding love for Cam.

The Dolphins will be better than last year offensively in my opinion and something tells me that Flores will not let Cam surprise him twice.

To bad that the excellent offseason that Bill had will be destroyed by his blinding love for Cam.
When was your medical examination of Newton?

The Patriots will also be better offensively, even with Cam. I expect 1-1 against them.
They will be better but that not saying much considering where the bar is set based on last year.

I think like last year Cam Newton will hold this offense back. And it will become problematic when he will become clear that Jones is the better QB and Bill continues to play Cam because I think that’s what will happen.

Comments:

- Cam has not even been a Patriot for a YEAR yet (he signed on June 29th, 2020).

- Cam got knocked on his arse by COVID. Just look at how much it affected Jayson Tatum for 2-3 months!

- This fall, Cam will have: Algohor, Bourne, Meyers, Harry, Olszewski, Smith, and Henry vs. Edelman (3-4 games), Meyers, Harry, Byrd, Asiasi (5-6 games), & Keene. Not to mention that our RB's got dinged too and even White had an off year in pass blocking.

- This fall, the Patriots D will have: +Mills, +Hightower, +KVN, +a healthy Gilmore, + Judon, + Godchaux, +Barmore, +Anderson, all 2nd/3rd year guys like Uche/Jennings/Wino poised to take a leap forward, and DB's like Miles Bryant & Michael Jackson who have shown promise.

- I also think Gunner will prove to be even better at PR's to flip the field.

- All of that plus what I think is an easier schedule (no NFC West and Chiefs on the sked along with the weak NFC South).

Comments:

- Cam has not even been a Patriot for a YEAR yet (he signed on June 29th, 2020).

- Cam got knocked on his arse by COVID. Just look at how much it affected Jayson Tatum for 2-3 months!

- This fall, Cam will have: Algohor, Bourne, Meyers, Harry, Olszewski, Smith, and Henry vs. Edelman (3-4 games), Meyers, Harry, Byrd, Asiasi (5-6 games), & Keene. Not to mention that our RB's got dinged too and even White had an off year in pass blocking.

- This fall, the Patriots D will have: +Mills, +Hightower, +KVN, +a healthy Gilmore, + Judon, + Godchaux, +Barmore, +Anderson, all 2nd/3rd year guys like Uche/Jennings/Wino poised to take a leap forward, and DB's like Miles Bryant & Michael Jackson who have shown promise.

- I also think Gunner will prove to be even better at PR's to flip the field.

- All of that plus what I think is an easier schedule (no NFC West and Chiefs on the sked along with the weak NFC South).
You are positive, i respect that. I just personally don’t want to put too much expectations on this team before seeing them on the field.

Towards that end, and this is purely personal anecdotal experience, I had covid and actively participate in a high-output sport. My gas tank took a massive hit from it that lasted about ten weeks. I was gassing out halfway through a five minute round in training and just couldn't recover. My baseline is six fives a day no problem. I don't dispute the validity of that at all, especially given how he was utilized as a runner more often than not.

Also, it's good to bring the kid along slow. Give him time and reps to learn.

Towards that end, and this is purely personal anecdotal experience, I had covid and actively participate in a high-output sport. My gas tank took a massive hit from it that lasted about ten weeks. I was gassing out halfway through a five minute round in training and just couldn't recover. My baseline is six fives a day no problem. I don't dispute the validity of that at all, especially given how he was utilized as a runner more often than not.

Also, it's good to bring the kid along slow. Give him time and reps to learn.
After reading Pennington's advice to the Pats, I agree. Jones is as NFL ready as you can hope for coming out of college, but I doubt the Pats would have a better record this year with him than they would have with Newton.

We shall see. For Jones to win the job early, he's going to have to be lights out, which would be kind of awesome.

After reading Pennington's advice to the Pats, I agree. Jones is as NFL ready as you can hope for coming out of college, but I doubt the Pats would have a better record this year with him than they would have with Newton.

We shall see. For Jones to win the job early, he's going to have to be lights out, which would be kind of awesome.

for all the excitement for Jones, he still only started a little more than a dozen college games. Are the reps there to throw him to the wolves?

For Jones to win the job early, he's going to have to be lights out, which would be kind of awesome.
I will agree just based on the fact that Bill is in love with Cam otherwise if your 1st round rookie is really close to your transition QB you play the rookie. Why lose a year when he is already at your starting QB level? If you are afraid to play your 1st round QB because you are afraid that he can’t handle it then you are already in trouble.

for all the excitement for Jones, he still only started a little more than a dozen college games. Are the reps there to throw him to the wolves?
If he is better or close to Cam in camp, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes