PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB awarded NFL Executive of the Year

Go back to the Tampa Bay forum you disingenuous clown. You're trying mighty hard to make this recent post there a self-fulfilling prophecy:

"I don't think the main form is going to be worth reading for quite some time. That lost to Buffalo coupled with the collapse at the end of the season it's not going to make for very happy posters. Not to mention that the team is not set up salary cap wise to have to fill a lot of holes given how much money Bill spent last offseason."
I have to ask. Are you 12?

I never said it was devoid of talent. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Yes you did. Here are your words.

we are here right now in the middle of a rebuild with a defense that has a ton of holes and an offense that is void of explosive playmakers.

2015 draft : shaq mason, trey flowers, david andrews(udfa), justin coleman(udfa), joe cardona , malcolm brown , daryl roberts

2016 draft( first rounder stolen btw): joe thuney, ted karras , jonathon jones (udfa), elandon roberts, jacoby brissett, vincent valentine

why do people keep saying these drafts were bad?

Yes you did. Here are your words.
I didn't say talent. I said explosive playmakers. Unless you think our offense is on the same level as the Bills, Bengals or Chiefs?

I didn't say talent. I said explosive playmakers. Unless you think our offense is on the same level as the Bills, Bengals or Chiefs?
Is there a difference? Are we parsing words and semantics?

Our offense and Cincinnati were pretty equally productive this year. I would expect if we drew their seed we would probably be where they are right now.
I don’t think not being the #1 offense in the NFL while breaking in a rookie is a cause for saying the front office has screwed up for 7 years while they went to 3 SBs and won 2 of them.

Is there a difference?
Yes
Our offense and Cincinnati were pretty equally productive this year. I would expect if we drew their seed we would probably be where they are right now.
We didn't "draw" their seed because we cratered at the end of the season going 1-4.
I don’t think not being the #1 offense in the NFL while breaking in a rookie is a cause for saying the front office has screwed up for 7 years while they went to 3 SBs and won 2 of them.
I agree because that is not what I said.

The Rams went from 10-6 last year to 12-5 this year. So for as good as those moves were, they resulted in a 1.5 game difference.

Patriots went from 7-9 to 10-7, which is 2.5 games. And yes, they had a lot of money to spend, but they didn't have to give up extra draft capital (hurting future years potentially) to make the improvement for 2021.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Rams GM had a good year too. But they went from good to more good (possibly great), where the Patriots went from below average to good. That's the difference.
Exactly. Key point here being he didn’t mortgage the future to do any of that.

if the rams don’t win the Super Bowl in the next few years they massively failed.

Exactly. Key point here being he didn’t mortgage the future to do any of that.

if the rams don’t win the Super Bowl in the next few years they massively failed.
They have a great shot this year.

Yes

We didn't "draw" their seed because we cratered at the end of the season going 1-4.

I agree because that is not what I said.
No there isn’t a difference. You are arguing the team
is in bad shape because of their roster. The same roster that was 2nd, 2nd, 6th, 2nd in the critical areas i mentioned.

We had the exact same record. It was good enough for 1st in their division and the draw of LV, Tennessee. We likely beat those teams, and they like lot lose in Buffalo, so that is a consideration in your implication that we don’t not compare to the Bengals.

Are we really going to do this? I paraphrase what you say or state what your comment implies and you are going to whine that they weren’t your exact words?

I have had many issues with Bill as a GM over the years since about 2015.

No there isn’t a difference. You are arguing the team
is in bad shape because of their roster. The same roster that was 2nd, 2nd, 6th, 2nd in the critical areas i mentioned.

We had the exact same record. It was good enough for 1st in their division and the draw of LV, Tennessee. We likely beat those teams, and they like lot lose in Buffalo, so that is a consideration in your implication that we don’t not compare to the Bengals.

Are we really going to do this? I paraphrase what you say or state what your comment implies and you are going to whine that they weren’t your exact words?
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about at all. You seem to be attributing words and notions to me that I never said so good luck with that. Have a good night!

So is this a lifetime achievement award? He went out and spent $165 mil and missed on many of the those guys. Draft was good not spectacular. Jones was sitting there at 15. I would have thought the Rams GM would have gotten it for Stafford, Miller and OBJ.
Bills spent almost $400 million and went backwards from last year. Just wanted to say that to make myself feel better.

Bills spent almost $400 million and went backwards from last year. Just wanted to say that to make myself feel better.
How did he go backward?

Only if you don't care what he paid. And J Smith was clearly a bust.
I feel like we can’t make a good enough judgement on Jonnu or agholor until end of year 2. Rook qb.

there was a whole game where we passed 0 times.

i think we’re also reeeallly underestimating rhamondre.

I also think letting michel go counts as a good move.

How can this be? My father, who listens to Felger, told me that Bill is a good coach but awful GM. I don’t get it…

I think Felger switches on those takes semi-regularly, whichever fits the day. BTW, do you know is Felger Jewish? I think his wife is. He often uses "Jesus!" as an on-air exclamation which I find odd and a tad disturbing.

I think Felger switches on those takes semi-regularly, whichever fits the day. BTW, do you know is Felger Jewish? I think his wife is. He often uses "Jesus!" as an on-air exclamation which I find odd and a tad disturbing.
I have no idea really but he seems pretty gentile-y to me.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back