PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Auburn-Alabama game ends on missed FG return for TD

That's pretty cool, how your a fan of OSU. Alway interesting to me, being Canadian how Americans loyalty's to CFB teams lie.

Really enjoy talking CFB with you. And everyone one else on this site. You to Andy.

I've been hearing great things about Christian Hackenberg, so I think that is great for their program--no doubt. I hope that they are right back in the thick of things again, and from what I can think of off hand they had some nice wins this year vs Wisconsin and Michigan; especially when you consider that they were a bit behind both teams talent wise. That's a great sign for both the program and Bill O'Brien for sure.

OT: Alabama kicker gets death threats after the game

I should say i am not surprised, What has this world come to?? Bama fans seem to be like most of the fair rweather Pats Fans who expect a 19-0 season every year.

@Foster_43 I am going to hunt you down.

— Hetal Patel (@HetalMalik) December 1, 2013

@Foster_43 your damn girlfriend should dump you You are ass

— (@CampBlaine) December 1, 2013

@Foster_43 SHOULD KILL HIS DAMN SELF!!!!!

— Shad♍ (@Showtime_Shad2) December 1, 2013

@Foster_43 I’m coming for you you gonna die tonight.

— December Sixth (@Hov_Sean) December 1, 2013

Re: OT: Alabama kicker gets death threats after the game

Pathetic. You ask the guy to kick a 57 yard FG to win the game. Is the poor guy supposed to hit that is if it's some kind of chip shot FG?

They take their college football very seriously in Alabama...

Pathetic. You ask the guy to kick a 57 yard FG to win the game. Is the poor guy supposed to hit that is if it's some kind of chip shot FG?
Moreover these guys dont even get paid for the games :mad:

I hope Cade hires a good lawyer and sues all these ba%$$s and retires happily in Hawaii with the money.

Surprised Alabama fans are literate enough to post a death threat.

images

Wouldn't consider myself a die hard CFB fan, but Michigan as always been my team....with that said I hate OSU, but there's no way Auburn should skip ahead of them.

Now with that all said, wouldn't it be something if FSU gets upset next week, while OSU and Auburn win? Not likely, but just saying.

This one is comical.
Alex Denman @DenmanRT

@Foster_43 u consider urself a college football player

He should tweet back a simple

Is it any wonder,this is one of 'Bama's fan's for real. He poisoned two 125 year old Oak trees on the campus of Auburn a few years ago because they beat Bama in the Iron bowl. And he was an Alabama state cop. Imagine being pulled over by this guy? Hes every yankees worst nightmare. That kicker better watch out for 'ol harvey lee updyke

harvey_907860a.JPG

CJ Mosley ‏@TreyDeuce32RTR 2m You fake *** bama fans stop sending threats to my teammate, you spoiled ******, respect what we do and know we all human! And that's REAL!

nice show of support by his teammates

Drawn with crayons and featured stick figures.

The kicker was awful. He cost them the season (before the last play, by missing three). He is, more than anyone else, responsible for that loss and being on the outside of the championship game.

This guy is a college kid with no hopes of playing beyond this level. No one deserves to be treated like this. He blew up the season, not their state capital.

If the worst thing that happened to those "fans" in 2013 was that one loss in one game, they should be thankful for a wonderful year... I suspect there are people all over the world who'd love to lose a game and then go home to a safe home where there is food and water, warmth and modern amenities.

People. Can't live with em, can't understand em.

Urban Meyer is a coward and a fraud. I hope the ending of yesterday's game didn't give him a "heart attack":rolleyes:

Ohio State played a Boise State-esque schedule this year. Is the point of the BCS to get the 2 best teams or the 2 teams with he best record? If its the latter than by all means put the liar and hypocrits team in, if it's to get the best teams than its 1 loss sec vs. FSU.

The Big 10 conference is garbage compared to the SEC, just look at the athletes that play in the SEC and the way they play football. I got stuck watching some of Nebraska/Iowa on Friday, it was painful. It just doesn't seem like they are playing the same sport.

No offense to the Ohio State fans, it's just I hate your coach and your #1 fan Albert Breer.

The kicker was awful. He cost them the season (before the last play, by missing three). He is, more than anyone else, responsible for that loss and being on the outside of the championship game.
To be fair, they actually had two different kickers screw up—they used a different kicker on the 57-yard FG attempt after the first kicker missed two (44, 33) and had a third (44) blocked.

But the fact that a kick was blocked indicates Alabama was having trouble with the entire kicking unit, not just the kicker. The kicker gets most of the blame (as it is, after all, his foot), but he shouldn't be the only fall guy.

On the other hand, what is Saban thinking trying to kick a 57-yard field goal there? Just take your chances with OT.

But the fact that a kick was blocked indicates Alabama was having trouble with the entire kicking unit, not just the kicker. The kicker gets most of the blame (as it is, after all, his foot), but he shouldn't be the only fall guy.

It was a low kick. All three misses were on the kicker, that's why he was pulled.

Alabama had a 21-7 lead at one point, then 28-21, and gave it up both times.

Alabama had the top run defense in the nation but gave up 296 yards rushing (5.7 YPC) despite an unbelievably unbalanced attack (52 runs vs. 16 passes).

One of those missed FGs was actually made but called back due to a false start penalty on the OL.

Auburn was desperate to drive for a tying touchdown late in the 4th and turned the ball over on downs at their own 35, yet Alabama couldn't convert to points, failing on 4th and 1 from the 13. I get that they didn't trust the kicking, but that's a much more makeable kick than a 57-yarder, and that would have turned it into a two-possession game with around 5 minutes to go in the 4th.

But yes, the season was lost by the kicker. It's always just one guy's fault when a team loses a game.

I should say i am not surprised, What has this world come to?? Bama fans seem to be like most of the fair weather Pats Fans who expect a 19-0 season every year.

Didn't some poor S. American soccer goalie score an own goal in World Cup play a few years ago for which he had to leave his country? or have I just dreamed that up?

People take sports waaaay too seriously--unless they have a ton of dough bet on the games.

Roll Tide Roll

Ah recon some folk jess need killin'

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents