PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Auburn-Alabama game ends on missed FG return for TD

Awesome end. Good coverage from Auburn radio:
Radio call - YouTube

reminds me of coverage of our win against NO.

was watching the Bs..missed it live

I didn't see it but that seems like a tough call. It's a big risk to kick a long FG which could be short and returned by the defense.

OT: Auburn-Alabama game ends on missed FG return

Crazy it was. Couldn't believe what I watched unfold.

Ed Reed's done that once or twice hasn't he?

Dude was a stud a decade ago.

Saban doesn't seem like the guy that falls on the sword and takes blame for poor FG decision/unprepared FG unit on the return. Expect a special teams firing next week.

That game and the Michigan/OSU game were great.

That Michigan game ending ...UGH....What would Brady have done?

Kneeling out and going to OT would surely be a more logical outcome pretty much every time over kicking a 57 yarder?

Then it isn't all of the time because it might be a situation where, say, you have Matt Prater at home with a 20mph wind helping, that's probably the only time making the decision Saban did would make sense.

Didn't get to watch it live but wow!! what terrible luck for Alabama.

Right before the kick, I turned to my son and siad it would serve "Bama right if Auburn returned the kick for a TD....................

Going for a FG was the right call. The chances of hitting a 57 yarder are higher than a 102 yard return.

Going for a FG was the right call. The chances of hitting a 57 yarder are higher than a 102 yard return.

Absolutely. The only thing worse than losing to Auburn was New England losing to the JESTS.

I shouldn't be pissy, but the refs looked the other way on several Auburn holding calls that might well have made a difference in that game. Alabama had some bad plays and some mistakes and, in the end, it cost them.

BUT....... I won't fault Saban here. Like the Patriots loss to the JESTS, it was all about execution.

Why does losing a close game like this for their only loss of the season cost them a BCS spot? What a dumb system.

Why does losing a close game like this for their only loss of the season cost them a BCS spot? What a dumb system.

Because there are 2 undefeated teams.
Not to mention they should go ahead of the 1 loss team that beat them today.

The Football gods are with Auburn. After last week, then this. Wow.

Been a great Weekend of CFB Football. Starting with the Civil War game last night.

The interesting thing is that time had expired and they went back and reviewed the play and put 1 second back on the clock.

I'm a Buckeye fan, so this was a great day of college football.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back