PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At LAST,,, we have a RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the weather have to do with it? :)

Weather? Is he a mudder?

Beat me to it... any team that holds on to Antoine Smith's 3.4 YPC thinking, by God you can count on what you do get out of him.... and he's a mudder… Well, let's just say that you can't count out weather when deciding the fate of a NE runningback. Well, actually, you can, ultimately: When he leads the league in TDs, you cut him.

Shhhhh nobody tell Sony though, very nice "star turn", and with a high pick, he might be around a good long time before we're kickin' the tires on somebody else.

Heck, he might even be on this team once Brady's gone. Strange concept.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
Michel, ma bell cow...

Next year will be interesting if hill can return. Id love to see our ground game with him and michel in there, they can make bradys last few years alot easier

Jumping the gun a little here. He had a very good game and has potential. As far as having a legitimate damn good RB, we did have that in Dion Lewis.

Not a bruiser, 20-25 carry guy though if that's what you mean.
Sorry ,,as good as Dion Lewis was with us,,he is no Sony Michel. And Yes I meant 25-30 carry RB who will hit hard and gain yards after contact unlike the Lewis who was a speedster.
I disagree with some who cannot see the potential in Sony who is no Maroney either,,,much quicker and cuts better and will not dance like Maroney did !!!
I know it's his first big Game but maybe I see a C. Dillon in him,,that's me.
Agree with some who say he could be our milk cow ,,,,because I think as the Season goes on he may see an increase in carries.
Still my point is ,,I have never been so excited about a RB in our Team for a very long time.

He still has a lot of room for improvement. I loved watching Michel at Georgia, but he's not all the way there just yet. I expect that after the bye, with more time in the offense and then a break to regroup mentally and physically, he'll be a much better back.

I'm hopeful with what we saw out of him week 4, but one time doesn't make a habit.

I look forward to seeing the performance repeated multiple times through the season

Really like our two main backs in Michell and White.

But then there is only Barner left on the roster. Surprised they haven't added one yet. Probably would've been nice to still have Bolden to at least be a body with hands during garbage time.

did i just imagine the blount years?

for the first time since dillion? seriously?

God Bless Sony Michel.
Ever since C. Dillon we have not had a real bruising RB of this calibre .
Imagine if J. Hill didn't go down from that freak accident from one of our own players to take him to IR.
Imagine both Hill + Michel ,,just WOW.
Still I am praying that Sony stays healthy because his speed and strength will help Brady and our offense ,,,for some ugly games coming up.
Finally I can say ,,we have our Running Back.
Go Sony Michel. GO PATS.

Lol, its been 4 games. The first 3 people on here were calling him a bust, let's give it to game 10 at least to make any judgement at all.

He still has a lot of room for improvement. I loved watching Michel at Georgia, but he's not all the way there just yet. I expect that after the bye, with more time in the offense and then a break to regroup mentally and physically, he'll be a much better back.

I was more impressed w our OL. They were the star of that show imo.

Good news is people have no clue what their looking at & will be blown away when Sony does really show out.

I was more impressed w our OL. They were the star of that show imo.

Good news is people have no clue what their looking at & will be blown away when Sony does really show out.
I was watching some of his tape from last year again. He runs away from CBs. Some poor LB lost his jock and broke his ankles trying to tackle him for a loss.

If he can get back that this season..... look out.

I was watching some of his tape from last year again. He runs away from CBs. Some poor LB lost his jock and broke his ankles trying to tackle him for a loss.

If he can get back that this season..... look out.
Yea that was my point in the post above. We've yet to see what this guy can really bring. Once we get the player you alluded to fans will be freaking out.

He looks close. Showed glimpses the past few games. A few nice plays in pp, some physicality & finish.

He's our best RB by far once he gets caught up & game legs under him.

Just had SM rush over 100 yards vs. the Squealers on Madden 19. One brutal dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye