PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante goes off on Bill/Pats organization

TheRainMaker

3rd runner up sexiest man alive 1998
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No more Twitter, he finally speaks! He tells a heated confrontation between him and BB regarding his contract, says Bill holds players back, players are lying on how “good” it is and too afraid to speak up on how they’re treated like “s***”, Tom is the reason Bill gets away with signing “random players”. Is he registered on this board?

Wow! This is just the beginning boys and girls. Great timing with FA coming up right?

Last edited:
Most players don’t turn on BB after leaving - even if the circumstances weren’t to their liking. It’s inevitable that if you coach that many years, that a few ex players become cranky. Really, it’s impressive that there are so few.

Bitter NE players that were happy to sacrifice to win while playing are now out of football and wish they had the money instead.

Ive always said that you cant drive or live in a Super Bowl ring.

Tom is the reason Bill gets away with signing “random players”. Is he registered on this board?
Why is that not true?

Brady still won regardless of how bad BB drafted or how many low budget players were signed on. Brady won 12 games in 2019 with basically the same bunch of WRs and TEs that Cam struggled to win 7 games with.

Samuel has had a grudge against Bill and the Patriots for years. Nothing new here.

He also let a perfect season literally slip through his hands so the feeling is mutual I’m sure.

I once played chad Scott in madden online and he pretty much said the same things asante is saying. I dont think asante is lying at all.

I actually jumped off my seat in celebration as the ball went through his hands. I guess that puts me in the "was a sure fire int" camp.
Folk will then say he would have landed out of bounds etc. Never ends.

Folk will then say he would have landed out of bounds etc. Never ends.
There are so many would haves, could haves and should haves that I stopped paying attention. I'm just thankful that the Pats got to 6 and Brady got to 7. That helps ease the pain.

Do the "I deserved more" ex-players ever discuss the deeper rosters Bill was able to afford because he valued quality depth more often than not over the marginal on-field gains that might be realized by breaking the bank to retain certain stars?

Does Asante ever mention he was part of 11 playoff wins/3 SB appearances/2 SB champions with NE and only 3 playoff wins with his higher paying teams the rest of his career?
--------------------------
Side bar:

Is it fair to say, given his Daddy's Patriots-centric flame throwing escapades, that Assante Samuels Jr's New England draft board ranking has taken a bit of a hit?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back