PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante goes off on Bill/Pats organization

BB didn't like Samuel giving up TD's at the expense of gambling on an INT when INT's would have made Asante more money on the open market... he was trying to hold him back.

Guys a clown, I'd laugh my butt off if BB drafted his son.

Asante made over $57m in his career but is best remembered for this.

It is also believed he was to pick up Tyree over the middle but...665f0a33_asante-samuel-dropped-an-interception-that-would-have-ended-the-game.jpeg

Must be hard to go through the rest of your life as not coming through when it mattered.

The guy is bobbing his head and talking like he's high out of his mind. I can't even watch it. Whatever he said may be true or half truth but you don't go out and do this.

After 15 seconds i stopped to see...when i think about him only the missing INT comes to my mind...

It's no surprise...Bill isn't a warm kind if guy.

Asante made over $57m in his career but is best remembered for this.

It is also believed he was to pick up Tyree over the middle but...View attachment 30666

Must be hard to go through the rest of your life as not coming through when it mattered.
Yup. Rodney has said before that Tyree was Asante’s man on that play.

He can trash BB all he wants. 18-1 is just as much on that guy as anyone else. Just the facts.

Why is that not true?

Brady still won regardless of how bad BB drafted or how many low budget players were signed on. Brady won 12 games in 2019 with basically the same bunch of WRs and TEs that Cam struggled to win 7 games with.
Strength of schedule should be accounted for here. In 2019 we had one of the easiest first half schedules of recent memory. Once the schedule toughened up we finished 2019 4-4. Last years schedule was more difficult. As well as losing TB we also lost our LB core from that 2019 defense.

Why is that not true?

Brady still won regardless of how bad BB drafted or how many low budget players were signed on. Brady won 12 games in 2019 with basically the same bunch of WRs and TEs that Cam struggled to win 7 games with.

Brady had JE11 and Cam didn’t really.

Not the same defense either. Was one of the best in 2019 and awful in 2020.

A Brady led Pats team does not win 12 games in 2020 with this defense. His Bucs won 11 and they are better than the 2020 Pats at almost every position so no reason to think Brady would have done better here.

Last edited:
Oh the hilarious irony if we draft his son.

Do the "I deserved more" ex-players ever discuss the deeper rosters Bill was able to afford because he valued quality depth more often than not over the marginal on-field gains that might be realized by breaking the bank to retain certain stars?

Does Asante ever mention he was part of 11 playoff wins/3 SB appearances/2 SB champions with NE and only 3 playoff wins with his higher paying teams the rest of his career?
--------------------------
Side bar:

Is it fair to say, given his Daddy's Patriots-centric flame throwing escapades, that Assante Samuels Jr's New England draft board ranking has taken a bit of a hit?
It's hard to care much about him anymore now that we've had so many corners just as good or better since 2012.

Strength of schedule should be accounted for here. In 2019 we had one of the easiest first half schedules of recent memory. Once the schedule toughened up we finished 2019 4-4. Last years schedule was more difficult. As well as losing TB we also lost our LB core from that 2019 defense.
Additionally a Brady- led offense in 2019 scored as much as a Newton-led offense in 2020.

The D (points allowed and scoring) was the difference

Additionally a Brady- led offense in 2019 scored as much as a Newton-led offense in 2020.

The Bucs finished with 11 wins. I just don’t see how we finish 12-4 with the drop off in offensive talent and the schedule we played.

Not too often you see a really good defense - yes overrated but they were still really good- go to complete crap the following year.

Hopefully we see a rebound in 2021.

The Bucs finished with 11 wins. I just don’t see how we finish 12-4 with the drop off in offensive talent and the schedule we played.
Yep. No way in hell. Bill saw how the last 10 games of 2019 went and knew with Tom and the same offense and a further weakened defense would be a mediocre 2020 NEP team.

Not too often you see a really good defense - yes overrated but they were still really good- go to complete crap the following year.

Hopefully we see a rebound in 2021.
They lost a number of key contributors and over the last 9 games in 2019 were not as good as the first 8 in all catagories

They were tired.

If Assante did his job, the Patriots would have had a 19-0 perfect season. He needs to shut up.
That must really sting having an ego like that and getting reminded forever of your front and center role blowing a perfect season.

That would probably make anyone bitter.

Last edited:
Seriously, Asante Samuel Jr. is off the draft table.

Gawd. If Asante Jr is drafted by BB we might see Asante Sr be the next Lavar Ball.

Haha. I would not spend a 2nd on that drama, but it might be entertaining to see the kid if he dropped to the late 3rd. Sr. would blow up.

I know a lot of players don't care all that much about winning, but I'm really glad that BB collected enough of them who did. Players like Asante just don't care. It's a job. And they want to get paid. I get that. And I don't see anything really wrong with his position. But I'm a fan and I don't care about any of that. I want to see my team win. And the less Asantes we see on the team, the more they win.

McCourty got his money Asante, because he's a winner.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back