PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante goes off on Bill/Pats organization

Asante, trying to out-salt the profoundly salty Ted Johnson and his massive HGH-induced five-head.

Asante's beef is directly attributed to BB slapping the franchise tag on him after the 2006 season. He was going to hold out and it took BB to commit to not applying the tag again after the 07 season.

Everything else is noise.

Butler benching makes more sense. Bill is a spiteful pr*ck.

Let's see how many FA he can bring in now that Tom is gone.

Asante's beef is directly attributed to BB slapping the franchise tag on him after the 2006 season. He was going to hold out and it took BB to commit to not applying the tag again after the 07 season.

Everything else is noise.

One wonders if BB regrets ever trusting this guy after his monumental drop in the SB. BB has tagged many players than Asante and some he resigned. I'm sure this is what BB means when he asks, "How much does he love football"?

For some players like Asante they leave once they play out the tag. For Vince Wilfork and Mankins, they react well and they end up signing a long term contract.

Butler benching makes more sense. Bill is a spiteful pr*ck.

Let's see how many FA he can bring in now that Tom is gone.

How in the world did you get that from this crybaby Asante video?

Can you think of any FA who actually came here and took lower money just to win? I can't.

Maybe Revis.

But all the others took what the market was offering. The Patriots typically have more $$ for mid-tier players than other teams. That's why they come.

This FA issue has been blown out of proportion when you realize the Patriots history with FAs. It hasn't been a big help.

Can you think of any FA who actually came here and took lower money just to win? I can't.

Maybe Revis.

But all the others took what the market was offering. The Patriots typically have more $$ for mid-tier players than other teams. That's why they come.

This FA issue has been blown out of proportion when you realize the Patriots history with FAs. It hasn't been a big help.
Plenty of older veteran players came for a ring, not the money. And I'm not talking about mid-tier players. That's already Bill's specialty. I'm talking about talented elite players.

YOU dropped the sure INT in 42 Ashante....YOU....hit both your hands...YOU dropped it...STFU you damned MORON
Madame speaker, I defer my time to the gentleman named @Joker.
john boehner news GIF

One wonders if BB regrets ever trusting this guy after his monumental drop in the SB. BB has tagged many players than Asante and some he resigned. I'm sure this is what BB means when he asks, "How much does he love football"?

For some players like Asante they leave once they play out the tag. For Vince Wilfork and Mankins, they react well and they end up signing a long term contract.
I'll never forget in the late 2000s after Asante was gone Felger and Mazz had Jonathan on. The topic was about Asante signing with Philly.

Paraphrasing...but I remember him saying something like, "Asante produced here but there is one play he didn't make that top players normally do". You could hear the anger and frustration in his voice when he said that. He recognized it and immediately went back to a level tone.

Don't know what Bill thought but Jonathan had no problems at all with him moving on. Zero.

I'll never forget in the late 2000s after Asante was gone Felger and Mazz had Jonathan on. The topic was about Asante signing with Philly.

Paraphrasing...but I remember him saying something like, "Asante produced here but there is one play he didn't make that top players normally do". You could hear the anger and frustration in his voice when he said that. He recognized it and immediately went back to a level tone.

Don't know what Bill thought but Jonathan had no problems at all with him moving on. Zero.
I'm with you and @Joker . Eff Asante.

Maybe Revis.

Revis's market was down. Pats took advantage. He got his shine back and the NEP got a SB. win-win.

Gilmore got top money. Pats pay when they identify players they feel are worth it and they have cap space.

They also don't bid against themselves.

The salt that Asante has toward the team is probably more warranted than what the fanbase has toward him. It's always been fascinating that the fanbase ignored the other 2 dropped INTs on that same drive by Harrison & Merriweather (that were easier catches) to put all the blame on Asante but such is Fandom.

Plenty of older veteran players came for a ring, not the money. And I'm not talking about mid-tier players. That's already Bill's specialty. I'm talking about talented elite players.

Who? That's why I asked. I mean, Seau on his last legs? And it didn't mean much to the team at all? Does that count as something that will help the Patriots? I don't think so. Who are the difference makers?

Revis's market was down. Pats took advantage. He got his shine back and the NEP got a SB. win-win.

Gilmore got top money. Pats pay when they identify players they feel are worth it and they have cap space.

They also don't bid against themselves.

Yes, I mean, if there's a Gilmore in the future who gets their top offer from the Patriots, I don't think he's going to reject it.

Again, the only one I can think of who we might miss out on in the future is someone like Revis. But so be it. I can't think of any others.

The salt that Asante has toward the team is probably more warranted than what the fanbase has toward him. It's always been fascinating that the fanbase ignored the other 2 dropped INTs on that same drive by Harrison & Merriweather (that were easier catches) to put all the blame on Asante but such is Fandom.

He rated his abilities higher than we did. He was not as good as he thought he was. Clearly, his play in Philly showed that.

He rated his abilities higher than we did. He was not as good as he thought he was. Clearly, his play in Philly showed that.
He made Pro Bowl 3 out of the 4 years in Philly & was 2nd team all pro one of those years. Yes I know Pro Bowls mean nothing but ‍

Who? That's why I asked. I mean, Seau on his last legs? And it didn't mean much to the team at all? Does that count as something that will help the Patriots? I don't think so. Who are the difference makers?
I wasn't clear, there are two separate opinions.

1. There were veteran FA that came here to collect rings;

The other opinion is that:
2. I wonder how many elite players he can bring here now. Not mid-tier guys, because that's his specialty. The team lacks talent.

This site is getting depressing. I may have to put it on my Felger and Mazz list.

He made Pro Bowl 3 out of the 4 years in Philly & was 2nd team all pro one of those years. Yes I know Pro Bowls mean nothing but ‍
I just remember the Philly reaction to him being burned a lot. He could always jump a route and make an INT, but he gave up a slew of TDs. When he found out the Eagles didn't want him, he went on a tirade against Andy Reid and Joe Bannon.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back