PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As much as I love Logan Mankins, would it have been better to put him on PUP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about breaking rank with the rest of the board this week, and speculate about something positive?
He's got a valid point of speculation. Absolutely.

However I don't think this ends up being knee related simply because he played on shredded ligaments and that didn't cause extra problems. Why now?

Why? He's missed zero games. Who cares if he practices as long as he plays.

Make that one game (and counting?).

It's now obvious that OG should be a very high priority (if not the highest) in next year's draft.
Mankins is breaking down, and will not be worth his salary possibly as soon as 2013.

It's now obvious that OG should be a very high priority (if not the highest) in next year's draft.
Mankins is breaking down, and will not be worth his salary possibly as soon as 2013.

Since the offense is 30 points better than your opinion, I won't put much stock in your opinion here.

Mankins isn't breaking down. He had one injury that he's still feeling the effects from. He'll be back to 100% by the time you want to draft his replacement.

Since the offense is 30 points better than your opinion, I won't put much stock in your opinion here.

What the hell does the fact that OG, and OL in general, must be a very high priority in next year's draft
have to do with a score in a semi-serious prediction thread?

Even you aren't so myopic that you are suggesting that OL isn't a very serious problem now, are you?

What the hell does the fact that OG, and OL in general, must be a very high priority in next year's draft
have to do with a score in a semi-serious prediction thread?

Even you aren't so myopic that you are suggesting that OL isn't a very serious problem now, are you?

Now you are saying your prediction that the Patriots would get shut out, that you were called on, and reiterated is semi-serious because you also posted it in a prediction thread?
Be a man and own up to it. You absolutely predicted the Patriots would be shut out, at least 3 times. Don't try to hide from it.
YOU said credibility was on the line with that prediction and a poster who disagreed with it.

I am discussing your credibility not the OL.

I really don't have a comment about this week's game relative to Mankins. What do we know?...nothing...he is hurting. What else is new. He is an offensive lineman that happens to be as tough as nails...tougher actually. Those kinds of guys are always hurting.

My concern for Mankins is that these guys are not made out of steel or titanium. Guys as tough as Mankins pile up injury on top of injury cause they are tough enough to keep playing. These are not little pity-pat injuries either. When Mankins does finally go down, he is usually out for awhile. At some point though just like the boxer that has finally been concussed to many times, it all just breaks down. At that point you no longer have the player and eventually you often end up with a guy that can barely walk around or move without considerable pain.

This guy is and has been a great great player. I just think we are going to run out of Mankins before we run out of our franchise quarterback. I have not seen anybody join the Pats since Mankins that can polish his shoes. So I don't look forward to the day when he is done and I have a feeling that Mankins day is coming sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News