PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As much as I absolutely hate to say it, Brady has not been playing well this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? It's shocking to realize that, even with elite QBs, the players around have some impact on the ability to produce, I know. It's as if all of NFL history in this area has been correct.

Apparently, a bunch of Patriots fans are just figuring out what fans of every other team have always known. And what's really odd about that is that 2013 should have already taught the lesson.
Another thing 2013 should've taught is that Bill doesn't know Feck All about identifying and selecting collegiate talent at WR.

Another thing 2013 should've taught is that Bill doesn't know Feck All about identifying and selecting collegiate talent at WR.

I think the BB/Dimitroff discussion about Julio Jones v. Jon Baldwin gave us some pretty good insight as to where BB is about WRs, and why they seem to be problematic for him to draft. And I'm not saying that to either bag on Belichick or praise him, but because I think it gives us a window into his thought process with regards to the position.

Bill Belichick wouldn't make a trade like the Julio Jones one; what if he did?

You do realize Brady threw 3 interceptions in the SD playoff game right? Including one that would have basically lost the Pats the game, if the SD player hadn't fumbled on the int return.

He also hit Gaffney deep along the sidelines in crunch time as well....

You do realize Brady threw 3 interceptions in the SD playoff game right? Including one that would have basically lost the Pats the game, if the SD player hadn't fumbled on the int return.
Great players are usually lucky, because people remember them taking advantage of breaks

Great players are usually lucky, because people remember them taking advantage of breaks

Marlon McCree didn't simply fumble on the int return, Troy Brown forced it. That wasn't luck it was one of the quintessential Patriots doing his Patriot thing. Love me some Troy Brown, one of my all time favorite Pats. What a great football player, he embodied the Patriot Way

Last edited:
Marlon McCree didn't simply fumble on the int return, Troy Brown forced it. That wasn't luck it was one of the quintessential Patriots doing his Patriot thing. Love me some Troy Brown, one of my all time favorite Pats. What a great football player, he embodied the Patriot Way

It was a great play, but it was lucky for Brady.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this Troy Brown video. You can see the strip at 2:45. :D

Marlon McCree didn't simply fumble on the int return, Troy Brown forced it. That wasn't luck it was one of the quintessential Patriots doing his Patriot thing.
Au contraire - it was total luck. If McCree simply knocks the ball down or takes a knee it’s game over.

(IIRC there was some practice footage released later showing Schotty coaching his DBs to just knock the ball down on 4th down. Oh well!)

Hard to look good when your LT is bull rushed into your face every passing play.

Au contraire - it was total luck. If McCree simply knocks the ball down or takes a knee it’s game over.

(IIRC there was some practice footage released later showing Schotty coaching his DBs to just knock the ball down on 4th down. Oh well!)

'If this, 'if' that lmao. The Pats must be the luckiest team in the history of the game. The lion's share of Pats wins could be attributable to "luck" of one kind or another since they usually involve the other team making far more mistakes than New England. Discounting the Pats taking advantage of opponents self inflicted wounds and playing to the whistle is usually the province of their trolls not their fans. Good fortune is the residue of proper planning and execution. ;)

I'd suggest doing what I have been doing this year.

Grab a glass of wine (or your favorite beverage) and watch a game from 2003 and pretend its from the 2019 season.

Clunky, inconsistent, painful-to-watch offense. Great special teams. Dominant defense which had 5 TDs. ST had 1- Take away 42 points and the total and a Brady-led offense averaged 19ppg. 3.4ypc rushing. 03 offense was 28th in RZ efficiency and 13th on 3rd down.Yuk.
..."clunky"?

I'd suggest doing what I have been doing this year.

Grab a glass of wine (or your favorite beverage) and watch a game from 2003 and pretend its from the 2019 season.
A glass of wine gets me through the first possession. Sometimes.

Today we are hearing about a right elbow injury that puts #12 on the injury list as "questionable"...

Gotta wonder if that is a factor on some of the errant throws we have been seeing lately, or if the receivers are not as good as some of us believe..

But then again there is the famous "right shoulder injury" that put him on the injury list for many games several seasons ago..

He also hit Gaffney deep along the sidelines in crunch time as well....

I hate to be that guy but it was Caldwell deep along the sidelines to set up the GW Fg.

I hate to be that guy but it was Caldwell deep along the sidelines to set up the GW Fg.

Damn it! How could I forget bug eyes. Wasn't he recently arrested or something down in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes