PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think Fouts was the worst he's ever been today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, he's always terrible. He constantly whines about calls that help or were missed on the Patriots.

The wider discussion is the state of football media in general. It pretty much all sucks because it's become an advertising, schilling for the products/next show on television, personality-driven affair.

It would be interesting to see the data on the entire football watching public, regardless of team as I suspect that the other fans feel exactly the same way by and large. How many simply disregard the on air "talent" and either turn it down, try to synch local radio guys, or mainly just ignore the commentary track in watching the game?

I don't even recall what Fouts was saying - he could've been advocating for a Bastille like march of Jets fans of BB to the guillotine and I would've totally missed it.

I think the last time I remember what an announcer was saying it was "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"...

Damn I'm old.

Not only was his bias clearly being shown, but I was calling things out to the screen before he got around to it (when it was being reflective of what was actually happening).

What's the point of having his analysis when
1) it is so one sided
2) I can see what is going on better/before than their expert
3) what the heck does my brother-in-law think when he says he likes Fouts

And while I don't have that much against the other guy, no matter how he says it, his name is ee-an, not eye-an. Trying to connect eye and eagle together just comes off as intentional :p and I wonder how long it took for him to correct his parents on how to pronounce his name.

Apparently calling someone a blind senile blathering old mentally challenged fool, in a angry tone, while waving the remote at the TV is frowned upon in the Pazrul household. My wife told me to simmer down it's just a game several times after fouts would not shut up about the correctly called ****ty rule.
Do what I did with my wife told me to just let it go. Tell her, you can’t, and keep ranting at the TV and waving the remote....

This is saying a lot considering how bad he's been over the years. He was way off base all game. Literally every time everytime he predicted a penalty, it would go on the opposite team. What is this guys IQ?

CBS, you solved your Simms problem and gave us Romo, now can you find a way to solve your Fouts problem?
The Pats only do well if I have the TV on mute, so I never hear him.

You know I really respected him as a player and the offense they had in SD as a kid in the 80s. But he is insufferable as an announcer he clearly hates the patriots and is wrong more often then right. I dread him and Ian Eagle.

I kept hearing him say Patriot catches were "incomplete" - was that my declining hearing or his declining cognition?

"Incomplete to Amendola."

It's not just the bias - I didn't hear a single insightful comment from either of them.

The guy's a hater. Did he say anything on that no call PI on the bomb to Dorsett?

Not really, he's always terrible. He constantly whines about calls that help or were missed on the Patriots.

I can't provide specific examples, but I remember posting about this and reading posts about this fairly regularly when Fouts is calling a Patriots game. Maybe it's because I'm watching as a Pats fan, but I can't remember him doing the same thing for the opposing team.

I can't provide specific examples, but I remember posting about this and reading posts about this fairly regularly when Fouts is calling a Patriots game. Maybe it's because I'm watching as a Pats fan, but I can't remember him doing the same thing for the opposing team.
You've watched non-patriot games with him as the analyst? That's some dedication to watching football.

I thought his finest moment was when he mentioned a Gillislee carry as the first in a while literally 1 minute after Ian Eagle had just commented on his carry for 2 yards a play earlier.

His "they could have kicked a field goal" after the McCourty interception was pretty funny as well. Eagle quickly cleans it up with "But they were going for it on 4th and 1" .

He usually doesn't bother me as much as you guys. The complaining about the fumble call really got on my nerves.

Exactly. Ok so he disagreed with the call, reasonable people can disagree on a call. The problem is he wouldn't let it go. 2 replays and 2 back-and-forths about it was enough - at some point you have to move on.

Meanwhile Gronk is turning towards a ball being body-pressed by a defender and it's 'good coverage'.

Thankful for the SXM application on my phone. Got the home radio broadcast. I will not listen to Fouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes