PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Johnny's booing was more to do with him saying -

"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees"

And then he went to go sign with the Yankees.
And his father compared the Red Sox letting Damon leave to Babe Ruth moving on.

I don't see Gronk disrespecting Belichick in any way. Bill gave Gronk his chance in the league. I think he has too much respect for the Patriots organization.

It will be interesting to see if Patriots fans cheer or are silent when Brady throws that first TD pass. I bet many will be conflicted.

Mac Jones will never really be able to escape Brady's shadow. No QB playing for the Patriots will. But it's going to be a great learning experience for him.

The past and future collide.
BB gave them all a chance. He's made them millions from Stephen Neal to Butler and to yes, Tom Brady himself who NO ONE WANTED.

The revisionist history in this country in general is alarming.

Lol bucs will blow us out

they will force Mac to actually throw the ball, not just dink and dunk

True, but our short passing game has been more concentrated across the middle I think. I would love to see someone post a pass distribution chart of Mac's first two games.
From Mac Checkdown.
Dolphins:
E_LarUqVIAU-BO8.jpg

Jets:
pass-chart_JON586540_2021-REG-2_1632085132522.jpeg

I certainly hope Brady doesn't retire as a Buc like Manning did a Bronco. It would look so wrong.

I'm guessing when it's retirement time he will indeed sign a one day contract to retire as a Patriot.
But with Brady's competitive nature he would probably try going to training camp and winning the starting position

Why do you care if Bill is ripped apart?
I didn't say I cared. What I was saying was that if Brady takes him to school, the media in 2020 will look like choir boys compared to the aftermath of this upcoming game.
Eventually he will no longer be apart of this organization then a separate Bill section will need to be added so anytime his name is brought up that entire thread can be moved over to that section.

After all, that's what "real" Pats fans do, correct? Talking about past legends is taboo
Not sure what this has to do with my post.

I think Johnny's booing was more to do with him saying -

"There's no way I can go play for the Yankees"

And then he went to go sign with the Yankees.
And the extra bucks he made there were absorbed by NY State and City Taxes, not to mention higher cost of living. I think he was offered 44 million by the Sox, and he got 52 from the Yanks, 4 year deal.

This is the game of the year for me and I cant wait even though its 2 weeks away.

Keys to a win:

Pressure on Brady
Run da ball
no turnovers

Not stoked. They're not good enough yet.

I didn't say I cared. What I was saying was that if Brady takes him to school, the media in 2020 will look like choir boys compared to the aftermath of this upcoming game.

Not sure what this has to do with my post.
Well it kind of ruins the point explaining this, but I'm mocking all the Billievers who are so obsessed with shoving their faces in Bills rear end that they campaigned and whined to the point where you can't talk about Brady on this main forum.

They reject the idea that it's about their love for all things Bill but instead some kind of stupid "real" fan purist nonsense.

I'm establishing the fact that those idiots better act the same way about Bill when he leaves the Pats. They won't because they aren't true pats fans but instead Bill Belichick fans

Lol bucs will blow us out

they will force Mac to actually throw the ball, not just dink and dunk
I think that's what's going to happen as well. Brady, Gronk and AB will want to show up Bill and Bob. There's lots of animosity there. I don't care what anybody says. It's there.

No D has the players to stop all the talent the Bucs have on offense. It's a team you build in Madden. They are 5 deep at WR, 3 deep at TE and 2 above average RB's.

If the O-line can hold up, Mac could get some yards to his WR's as their CB's aren't very good. The dink and dunk offense will be suicide against White and David.

Well it kind of ruins the point explaining this, but I'm mocking all the Billievers who are so obsessed with shoving their faces in Bills rear end that they campaigned and whined to the point where you can't talk about Brady on this main forum.

They reject the idea that it's about their love for all things Bill but instead some kind of stupid "real" fan purist nonsense.

I'm establishing the fact that those idiots better act the same way about Bill when he leaves the Pats. They won't because they aren't true pats fans but instead Bill Belichick fans
Yes, there's a lot of hypocrisy from Team Bill. They say they are a fan of the "laundry", accuse you of favoring a player over the team, yet back Bill? Lol. Only some have admitted they wouldn't like Bill if he left.

They don't like the Brady talk because their worst fear is coming true (Brady>Bill) and we could see a mass exodus of posters again if Tom slaps Bill around in 2 weeks.

The dink and dunk offense will be suicide against White and David.
Not only that but the Bucs are the #1 rushing defense. So basically everything we do on offense will be swallowed up by them unless we actually air it out or McD comes up with about 15 gadget plays.

They're an unbelievably stacked team that is hitting stride. I think Bill is going to have to get creative in compensation for the sheer talent disparity. Not to speak ill of our potential, but they have AB, Mike Evans, a formidable Gronk who is still a threat, Godwin, Howard.. Fournette ain't looking bad, a pretty aggressive defense...

Frustrate Brady somehow. "Taking away their best player" may not have the usual results it would in the past, as there are many studs to be the best player of any one game. Keep him off the field at all costs. Find a way to be time consuming on offense at the sniff of a lead. Incredible special teams play that's pinning them into bad starting field positions.

Use our TE's? I mean ****, at this point no one really knows how we'd use them in the 11 personnel so that could behoove us, a new wrinkle to throw their defense off.

That being said? I'm remaining homerishly optimistic, if only for one reason: it might be my only way to enjoy the idea of Brady getting pissy and looking bad. I mean, I love Tommy B, but he's enemy #1 next week. He can eat the same turf every other QB has after being sacked onto the ground. And I'll enjoy every single second of him wallowing in frustration.

Unless they demolish us, hence why I'm affording myself the opportunity to relish that dream, because that's all it may remain.

We definitely don’t match up well with them. Not a lot of teams in the league do. When you’re highly dependent on an attack that features two TEs and running the ball and you’re up against a defense that has two LBs that can go man-to-man with both TEs and is traditionally good against the run, it’s a bad match-up. Mistakes/turnovers would most definitely compound the game into a potential blowout. I can see why people wouldn’t think we’d have a chance.
I think the bigger challenge is their D line, we need to run and protect, both will be an issue against JPP and Suh

Yes, there's a lot of hypocrisy from Team Bill. They say they are a fan of the "laundry", accuse you of favoring a player over the team, yet back Bill? Lol. Only some have admitted they wouldn't like Bill if he left.

They don't like the Brady talk because their worst fear is coming true (Brady>Bill) and we could see a mass exodus of posters again if Tom slaps Bill around in 2 weeks.
I'm genuinely interested in if there was any truth to the rumor about Bill jumping ship to the Giants a few years ago.

Imagine Josh coaching this roster? We might have won 1 game last year. Might have.

Stoked isn't the word.

It's a game that's going to be over-hyped and shoved down everyone's throat. The silver lining in all this madness is - Mac Jones gets thrown into the Lions Den pretty early on. The amount of pressure the kid is going to be feeling for a week 4 game is going to Insanely high considering how early on it is in the season and his career.

Regardless if we win or lose- if Mac can go into the game and execute the game plan with minimal mistakes - we should be happy.

As far as the defense is concerned..I'd feel way better if Gilmore was playing. Only thing I can add as a positive is Patriots have been penetrating the backfield very well and Barmore flashes as a disruptor up the middle..we have SOME of the pieces of what it takes to rattle Brady.

If we are going to get a W it's going to take one of those legendary all hands on deck with a little luck sprinkled type of efforts we haven't seen in awhile.

It's a game that's going to be over-hyped and shoved down everyone's throat. The silver lining in all this madness is - Mac Jones gets thrown into the Lions Den pretty early on. The amount of pressure the kid is going to be feeling for a week 4 game is going to Insanely high considering how early on it is in the season and his career.

Regardless if we win or lose- if Mac can go into the game and execute the game plan with minimal mistakes - we should be happy.
That's exactly what I want to see a week from Sunday night.

If Mac is as special as we'd like to think he is, he won't be fazed by a game like this and he'll have a really good game against the champs and that same defense that made Mahomes look ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back