PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Predictions about Upcoming Yanks Series?

STFarmy,
I'm right there with you, trust me. To watch that fat slob flirt with a no hitter last night was beyond annoying. Also, their closer is back to his old form, he has looked absolutely dominant the past two nights, not a ball out of the infield. And today they have the Jabathehut Chamberlain to use as the closer, he's been lights out too.

Sorry, but your ace should be able to win that game last night and he did not. THE one thing that you wanted to avoid is now about to happen (a sweep).

Thank Christ they were up by 8 games when the series started, imagine if they had been up by four or five and got swept, talk about a panic in RSN.

Think of the bright side, we can now add Johnny ******* Damon to Aaron ******* Boone and my personal favorite, Bucky ******* Dent.

This just makes what happened in 2004 all the more incredible.

The way this thing is playing out is us vs the Tribe and the Angels vs the Skankees in round one; does anyone seriously think we won't be playing this ******* team ONCE AGAIN with the winner going on to the WS......

I just wanted to know if anybody has any thoughts about the upcoming Yanks series?:confused: :confused:

Yankees will sweep the Sox...they'll finish us off today...

And you know what, it won't matter...

Because the East is not decided in games between these two teams. They basically play each .500 every year.

The division is decided by how they play against the D-Rays, the Orioles and the Blue Jays.

The Sox lead will be 5 after the series, but the Sox will still win the East and probably take 2 out of 3 from the Yankees in Boston in a couple of weeks.

The Red Sox don't need to worry about the Yankees. They have bigger problems - an offense that can't score runs and JD Drew hitting in the 5 or 6 hole and waving at sliders for third strikes and hitting into critical DPs...

He really is awful and hurts us so often.

Even though they just finished going off in Chicago over the weekend, the offensive problem is still there. Chicago just sux.

Do you know that Dice-K Matsuzaka has 12 starts where the Sox have scored 2 runs or less? The guy deserves 3-4 more wins/less losses, easy!

Ridiculous.

I am so frustrated with this team.

The Angels will represent the AL in the World Series. You can't take a team like the Sox that can't score runs and expect much out of them.

Last edited:
I predict that J.D. Drew will go hitless for the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Embaressing, huh!

They got great pitching for three games, and couldn't score a run off a 45 year old guy, and WONG.

I can only hope this series puts an end to the "we don't need Manny talk".

I predict that J.D. Drew will go hitless for the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Embaressing, huh!

They got great pitching for three games, and couldn't score a run off a 45 year old guy, and WONG.

I can only hope this series puts an end to the "we don't need Manny talk".

Drew sucks. Why? Iis there really talk going around that the Sox don't need Manny? Thats crazy if anyone is thinking that. The Yanks have swept the Sox. Even though i had the Yanks taking 2 of 3, I'm still a litlle suprised about the sweep. I didn't look at stats or anything but it seems the Sox haven't gotten swept in a series for a long time. Wang is a good pitcher. He has been diong this to all teams all year. When he has is sinker on, he is almost unhittable. The Clemens start was the only game i was unsure of that the Yanks would win. After the Sox series in Chicago i had a feeling the Sox bats would cool off. Manny would of defenitly helped.

I just dont see this sox team being any kind of threat for a world series title this year. Now that Youk and Lowle have come back down to earth after their starts to the season this lineup is avg at best against playoff type teams imo. Oh well thank god football is upon us...:rocker:

They have scored the fourth most runs in baseball (second most since the ASB)... but their offense sucks.

They have a better record, have scored more runs, and have allowed fewer runs than the Angels... but they are clearly better than the Sox.

They are tied for the second best record in baseball since the ASB...but they are no threat to win a world series.

Mike Lowell hit .383 in August, and .450 in his last 10 games...and hes come back to earth.

Do you people watch baseball to be entertained, or to have something to whine about?

I watch it to have something to whine about and this ******* team gives me plenty to whine about.

It is staggering to think of how this team has the best record in baseball without getting JACK for production from four of the ten players (counting the DH naturally), and, their left fielder and DH are having off years (for them anyway), so that is actually six of the ten having sub par years and a seventh (youk) has cooled off lately.

Pitching, pitching and more pitching is the reason. They allowed 14 runs in the 3 games and they couldn't pull a single game out. All I heard was how they had their three top guns going in this series, all they needed to do was win one game and they got swept, this after scoring 9,000 runs vs the White Sox. Before you say the White Sox suck, how do you explain Fatso no hitting them for six innings and Wang doing the same?

What a pathetic performance, I'm sorry, I call em like I see em and they absolutely sucked in this series, end of story.

Spin it anyway you want, this team won't do a ******* thing in October sad to say.

Yankees will sweep the Sox...they'll finish us off today...

And you know what, it won't matter...

Because the East is not decided in games between these two teams. They basically play each .500 every year.

The division is decided by how they play against the D-Rays, the Orioles and the Blue Jays.

The Sox lead will be 5 after the series, but the Sox will still win the East and probably take 2 out of 3 from the Yankees in Boston in a couple of weeks.

The Red Sox don't need to worry about the Yankees. They have bigger problems - an offense that can't score runs and JD Drew hitting in the 5 or 6 hole and waving at sliders for third strikes and hitting into critical DPs...

He really is awful and hurts us so often.

Even though they just finished going off in Chicago over the weekend, the offensive problem is still there. Chicago just sux.

Do you know that Dice-K Matsuzaka has 12 starts where the Sox have scored 2 runs or less? The guy deserves 3-4 more wins/less losses, easy!

Ridiculous.

I am so frustrated with this team.

The Angels will represent the AL in the World Series. You can't take a team like the Sox that can't score runs and expect much out of them.

This is probably the most accurate and realistic post that I have seen in regards to the Sox this year......Hope and pray they can win the AL east....and then that is it for them,.......This team has no offensive CONSISTENCY this year......Lugo.....Crisp......don't even get me started on JD "piece of sh##" Drew.......even Manny and Ortiz are off this year.......with NO consistent offense....doesn't matter WHO is pitching........I am very disheartened by seeing this team swept by the stanks this week.......sad state of affairs.......oh well......it is football season.....GO PATS!!!

It is staggering to think of how this team has the best record in baseball without getting JACK for production from four of the ten players (counting the DH naturally), and, their left fielder and DH are having off years (for them anyway), so that is actually six of the ten having sub par years and a seventh (youk) has cooled off lately.
And despite all that, they still have scored the second most runs in baseball since the ASB. Thats not spin, thats fact. Why do you care if Ortiz and Manny hit 25-30HR instead of 40-50? If they still win games (and they are) it shouldn't matter unless the aesthetics of a stat sheet are more important than winning. The pitching is great and has obviously meant a lot more to this team than the offense has, but the pitching didn't score the fourth most runs in baseball.

It was a bad series, but one series doesn't mean anything. Sweeping Chicago didn't mean they were the best team ever assembled, and getting swept by NYY doesn't mean that they are an awful team with no hope in the post season.

Foley, I understand where you are coming from, I really do, but doesn't it jerk a knot in your ass to see them swagger into Yankee Stadium winning six of the first seven games on the road trip while the Yankees stumble in having lost five out of seven and the end result is we get swept?

Had they won ONE ******* game, I'd be happy as the Skankees would have only gained one game in the standings, but instead, they picked up three. If you recall in 1978 the Sox had what, a six game lead going into September? Now don't get me wrong as I'm not comparing the two teams, but it is pretty ******* annoying/frustrating/baffling is it not?

Explain to me how they scored a grand total of 6 runs in three games and batted what, 150 as a team in the series?

It's the up and down, back and forth, left and right bull**** that has been happening for 2/3rds of the season that has me torked off................

Of course I'm unhappy that they were swept, but that doesn't mean I'm going to overreact and believe they are a poor team destined for postseason failure.

Boston has certainly had their slumps, but what teams haven't? Can you find me a single team that has been consistent the entire season? Zero teams have finished above .500 in every month this season. LAA and Arizona have come the closest, but each finished with a .500 July. Boston is right behind with a 13-14 June. Even the best teams have gone through slumps of mediocrity and inconstancy.

Look at Bostons record per month: Other than a crappy June when they went 13-14, they have done very well in every month winning more games than any other team in both April and May, more than only 2 teams in July, and so far more than only 4 others in August. They have also finished in the top 8 in every month in terms of runs scored (3rd in each of the last two months), except for June when they ranked 23. They may not be as consistent as you'd like, but they've been as consistent as any other team in baseball.

They may not be as consistent as you'd like, but they've been as consistent as any other team in baseball.

It's clear there is no true frontrunner in the AL - all the teams are flawed, and the Sox are no exception. We might be the least flawed, but I really don't like how we match up with the Yanks.

What is of true concern is Manny Ramirez' injury. After the hot start out of the All-Star break, I think it's clear that the back can be given at least part of the blame for hitting around .250 in August.

This team isn't the same without Manny. What I'm about to say doesn't make sense, it may not be backed by stats, but I strongly believe it: this team can NOT survive without Manny like it could without Ortiz. I don't know why, but I feel like this offense is just anemic without Manny, whereas we've really managed to get it together, rally and score runs in Ortiz' absence this season.

I'd say that's the key to the rest of the season, make sure Manny - and everybody - get healthy by the postseason, and from there, I think we have as good a shot as anybody. I'd rather not play the Yanks - who have beaten us 7 out of the last 9 times we've faced - but other than that, I'm confident we can defeat any team in baseball in a playoff series.

Last edited:
It's clear there is no true frontrunner in the AL - all the teams are flawed, and the Sox are no exception. We might be the least flawed, but I really don't like how we match up with the Yanks.
I agree, but at the same time Cleveland and LAA probably don't like how they match up against Boston considering how each has done against them this season, and New York always hates how they match up against LAA. Like you said, every team has flaws, or in this case a bad matchup.

I think they can do OK without Manny, assuming hes gone for only 2-3 weeks. If Ortiz continues to hit for the power he did in August, Lowell doesn't regress too much, Drew hits decently, and they get the occasional big game from a bench player like they did tonight with Hinske, then they should be able to score enough runs to win more often than not. If Manny wont be ready for October, then I'll start to worry.

I agree, but at the same time Cleveland and LAA probably don't like how they match up against Boston considering how each has done against them this season, and New York always hates how they match up against LAA.

I agree - an LAA v NYY matchup poses problems for the Yanks. I'd love it if that's how it worked out. I feel very confident about our ability to beat any AL team in the playoffs, but like I said, the Yanks scare me right now simply b/c of recent history.

I have no fears about our ability to win the division - whether Manny is healthy or not, we will win the division. Like you said, it's just a matter of getting Manny back for the playoffs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back