PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, no need to trade DT so quickly
He might have demanded to be released or traded knowing that he would have difficulty seeing the field, which would prevent him from earning his incentives this year and getting a longer term deal in the offseason. They got something for him thinking he’d end up signing with the Jets anyway.

Suit filed before his first game screams of maximum leverage.

Media fueled public perception drove spygate and deflategate and convinced the public their team is losing because the Pats are "cheaters."
So what?

I’m no fan of Brown but there really does seem to be a lot more going on here than we can sort out.

Her “telling 3 people” isn’t evidence. I could tell 10 people a something that never happened and those 10 peoples’ statement wouldn’t be admissible in court

It's also hearsay.
I am merely responding to the guy who said Brown may end up in jail. This has nothing to do with Goodell and his "hand of justice."

At the end of the day, there has to be evidence against Brown. There was no police report, nor was there a rape kit. Unless there is a video of the incident, she really has no case, civil or criminal.

She has her testimony and then it depends on whether the jury believes her. It's way too early to tell.

Not sure where there are many cases of the league suspending players for civil lawsuits. I would think that would be an awfully slippery slope to go down. With Big Ben, he was accused twice. The first was civil. The second time there was a police report filed and in the end the woman said she would not pursue charges because she didn't want to go through the media circus it would involve.

In a letter asking the district attorney not to prosecute, the alleged victim's lawyer emphasized that the she was not recanting her accusation but rather was afraid that the trial would be "a very intrusive personal experience" due to the "extraordinary media attention" it would receive.The DA said he would have charged him if she hadn't refused to prosecute.

He was suspended for that one.

Why is there not a criminal investigation?

I read some of these pages and all I can say is give the guy due process.

Today will be interesting.

So much for getting work done...

Of course it's one of the leading stories on the TODAY Show. I've already heard from people who believe he did something just by reading the headlines, didn't even read the article! Sadly that is seriously how alot of people will judge this, headline alone, and decide that the nfl and patriots have to take action.

In the past, the NFL has been criticized for going easy on players accused of sexual misconduct. With that in mind, several sources have suggested AB be placed on the exempt list right now until this whole mess gets sorted out. As much as I would like to see him in a Pats uni, I think that is probably what happens.

My non lawyer brain thinks a crucial part of the story is did she go to the state to attempt charges being placed. If she did and there was not enough legal evidence I think that takes away the just a money grab angle. Just a few thoughts ...

Why is there not a criminal investigation?

Because it’s not about justice for them, it’s about exploiting someone for money

Haven't read all 53 pages, but I don't see how the NFL can take action solely based on a civil lawsuit with no criminal charges, unless there is evidence like a video or something stronger than what has already been presented.

That’s just your opinion, though. There are many who viewed Thomas as a potential contributor, particularly a situational red zone threat, or the kind of veteran WR who could start due to injury at the position.
He was inactive on Sunday. Coach's decision.

Better dunk your head in some water. Your hair is still on fire.

Why did she go straight to civil court? Why not criminal of he did the things he is accused of?

Not enough evidence for a criminal trial so let’s just kill the person’s character? Problem is AB doesn’t have character to kill. Civil cases are about $$$ this is highly suspect.

He was inactive on Sunday. Coach's decision.

Better dunk your head in some water. Your hair is still on fire.

The depth chart without Brown is

Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Meyers and Gunner. DT would not get the PT.

I always adopt the wait and see with these types of things, but this one has a potent stench to it given the timing.... and I’m not a fan of AB, so it churns my stomach a bit defending him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back