PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her “telling 3 people” isn’t evidence. I could tell 10 people a something that never happened and those 10 peoples’ statement wouldn’t be admissible in court
That’s not true at all. Each of those people could be called as witnesses, put under oath, put on the stand, and asked “Did PatriotsReign talk to you about X?” And if they answered yes, they then could be asked “What did he tell you?”

Maybe you’re thinking of hearsay, a classic case of which is Bob says that John’s friend says John was the murderer.

But even there, while Bob’s statement may be inadmissible for proving that John was the murderer, it can still be admissible for establishing that John’s friend is really John’s friend, or that John’s friend was freaking out when he talked to Bob, etc.

Why did she go straight to civil court? Why not criminal of he did the things he is accused of?
I’m curious if any of our usual legal experts from deflategate have weighed in yet.

Is it possible that she just didn’t feel she had the evidence to put him away and just wanted to get something on him? Speaking in terms of hypothetically here as to not dig into the details but to just try to find a legit reason somebody may go this route.

Anything is possible, but highly unlikely.

First, I doubt she is well versed in the burden of proof in the state of Florida.

Second, she should have filed a criminal complaint with the police first. The police could have told her they cannot pursue due to lack of evidence, but the complaint still should have been filed. If the complaint was never filed, then it's pretty clear this is extortion.

In the current MeToo environment, these types of accusations are given more credence than they were in the past. I have read the statement from AB's lawyer. If accurate, it depicts a woman looking for money from a former college classmate who is loaded. The language AB used in his messages to her was disgusting and graphic. I just hope this all gets sorted out quickly. Why is it controversy always seems to follow this team?

He’s a weird dude, that much we know.
Weird and unlikable.

As I said on Sunday. If he helps them win , his teammates are cool with him and he's respectful to the coaches and the brand I'm all in.

If not GTFO

Haven't read all 53 pages, but I don't see how the NFL can take action solely based on a civil lawsuit with no criminal charges, unless there is evidence like a video or something stronger than what has already been presented.

I don't think they can because of Hill precedent. They had a voicemal and never took any action against him.

Why is there not a criminal investigation?
Because it never happened, and she would have had to file false police reports and lied to the police in order to initiate a criminal investigation.

He was inactive on Sunday. Coach's decision.

Better dunk your head in some water. Your hair is still on fire.
He was reportedly inactive on Sunday because they were being cautious with the hamstring. They just brought him back last week and gave him a 300k dollar raise. I think it’s fair to question whether or not the Brown signing had anything to do with their decision.

I’m not sure what you mean by dunking my head, but there’s probably no need to continue to put 15-20 red “X’s“ next to each and every comment. I fully understand that you disagree on the subject of whether Thomas’ release had anything to do with Brown, but there’s really no need to be a douche about it, is there?

First, I think he stays in the short term as long as the investigation by the NFL reveals it's essentially a he said, she said case.

Second, the civil case won't be adjudicated until the year is over, so they get him for the rest of the season and can cut the cord with him next year, which they might do anyway.

Nothing to worry about as long as there's no additional issues with any of this.

Anything is possible, but highly unlikely.

First, I doubt she is well versed in the burden of proof in the state of Florida.

Second, she should have filed a criminal complaint with the police first. The police could have told her they cannot pursue due to lack of evidence, but the complaint still should have been filed. If the complaint was never filed, then it's pretty clear this is extortion.
Do we know the second didn’t happen? Just to make sure we are keeping track of things here. I thought somebody somewhere in this thread said the police looked into it and didn’t want to pursue. Props to anyone that reads through all the legal documents lol.

My non lawyer brain thinks a crucial part of the story is did she go to the state to attempt charges being placed. If she did and there was not enough legal evidence I think that takes away the just a money grab angle. Just a few thoughts ...
I agree, and I find it hard to believe she *did* go to the police and that it just hasn’t come out yet.

I doubt the Patriots signs him if they knew about this true or not true. So I think he will get cut. Was looking forward to seeing him on the field, but I think the team might just want to cut bait at this point.

I don't think they can because of Hill precedent. They had a voicemal and never took any action against him.

At least the police were involved in Hill's case.

Anyone can file a lawsuit.

Haven't read all 53 pages, but I don't see how the NFL can take action solely based on a civil lawsuit with no criminal charges, unless there is evidence like a video or something stronger than what has already been presented.
Why can’t you see that?
1) the NFL is allowed to
2) being accused of sexual assault means you’re guilty in the eyes of the public
3) Roger is all about following PR
4) Other owners will want AB suspended
5) Roger and other owners probably think NE tampered.

I’ll be shocked if he’s not suspended with pay while the investigation happens.

Do we know the second didn’t happen? Just to make sure we are keeping track of things here. I thought somebody somewhere in this thread said the police looked into it and didn’t want to pursue. Props to anyone that reads through all the legal documents lol.
It's not known that she went to the police. Only being speculated that she did and they felt it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference