SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:Patriots.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Quest4SevenHomie, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Ross12

Ross12 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,280
    He's on a 4 (likely 5) year deal though, Brown and DT are here for one year. Can't recall if Gordon's deal ends this year or not. Worst case scenario is he gets a red-shirt year to learn the ropes. Not the worst situation for a rookie to be in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56,982
    On the "Hey, feel better about this, because you could be looking at something more like...." front:

3. RIpats88

RIpats88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,124

to have been a fly on the wall when Bill spoke with him today....I can only imagine what was said.

hopefully he can realize this is a great opportunity for him and if he screws it up with brady/bill after the raiders fiasco no team is going to go after him.

4. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,762
    And of that list, how many were frustrated about their roles on crappy teams and just wanted to win? AB was on a playoff team, so mark that issue a no. Dillon was relegated to number two and wanted off a perennial loser in the Bengals after being the good teammate rather than die there without a shot at the playoffs.

How many dragged private team issues public in order to self-promote a personal brand?

Harrison was released by the Chargers when he got older. How was he a team problem? He was a team leader (the public issue was he was alleged to be a dirty player) on the Chargers and Patriots.

Gordon works his butt off and quietly. Smart, good teammate. He has mental health and addiction issues. I am unaware of him sniping teams or teammates prior to the Pats, or fighting with his coaches.

Moss got sick of the circus that was the Raiders and wanted to win. He was a diva and showboat, but he was a competitor who was good with the Vikings and Patriots.

Do you mean Albert Haynesworth or Ted Washington? I don't recall baggage with Washington at all.

Haynesworth didn't pan out. This notion that the Pats can cure all whackos that appear on the roster turns on the competitive spirit of the player and desire to do whatever the management requires of you to win. If you suffer from a God complex, then you won't work out. The Adalius Thomas mutiny in the lousy 2009 season is proof of that. When Moss went public with contract issues and argued with staff, he saw the door.

The Pats have worked successfully with some problem children, but success or failure rests on the nature of the problem. Problems can be created by the team, by the player or both. Almost all of the success stories (Gordon is hopeful, but he sat out the playoffs) had problems created by bad organizations. I hope that is the root of AB's issues, or he will be an ex-Patriot quickly. I will trust BB in adding him, but I wouldn't bet the house on future glory just yet. I would love to be proven wrong and see AB redeem himself this year.

5. JDot

JDot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,933
    It's weird as hell man. I am no fan of Brown. But if I where to build a WR that is perfect for this O, and for Brady the QB, it would be AB.

Whatever, give me 12 hours and I will convince myself AB is just misunderstood. If AB makes it 5 games I will start defending his canton credentials. LOL.

6. TheRainMaker

TheRainMaker In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,170
    Anybody else glad that Humphries guy did them a solid and signed with the Titans? Weren’t his words were that they were “on the rise?” Lol.

I bet he’s regretting that move.

7. sanvara

sanvara Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +8
    Even worse was him recording and posting a private phone conversation with Gruden on his social media.

8. farn

farn Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +10,989
    They were both horrendous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +4,594
    Knock on wood if this is wild for you too.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. turkeyneck

turkeyneck In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,962
    "You secretly record me and you will never be heard from again..."

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,807
    To my mind, this is Coach Belichick showing Brown how REAL trolling is done. He signs AB for a song, and has him lace up his cleats to greet Ol' Ben and the Squealers tomorrow. Hopefully Brown stands on the sidelines and waves at Pittsburgh while their offense (see what I did there? ) s on the field and cause them to get flummoxed and frustrated all get out.

Coach Belichick, you magnificent bastahd! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,944
    You cut him overnight. Simple as that. And I'm pretty sure he knows it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,944
    Can't be on the field, but my bet is that he'll be sitting next to Kraft tomorrow night.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. RIpats88

RIpats88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,124
    well, one thing I will say is that both the Steelers and Raiders ran a loose ship and seemed to let brown get away with whatever he wanted...which is what made him the entitled player he is today. Tomlin let his players run the team, and we saw how poorly the raiders handled browns situation. first suspended, then reinstated, then fined, then released.

that wont fly in New England. question is, will he buy in with a more structured environment with two HOF'ers in Brady/Belicheck? if he can for just one year he can reap the benefits. but Bill will not tolerate any transgressions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +4,594
    He cant be on the field tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,229
    That has been the best part of this for me. Watching the rest of the NFL fanbase lose their minds is admittedly satisfying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. The Scrizz

The Scrizz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +645
    I was just thinking, wow Antonio Brown of all people got released and there wasn't a huge SIGN THE BEAST thread. And then we actually sign him. Huh.

He really is a controversial signing that's for sure. We're in for an exciting season at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,645
    1) Does the #1 defense really win the SB? We will have a top 5 defense by the playoffs, if not earlier.

2) This does NOT change with the addition of AB. If a top defense and Brady is enough to win the SB, then we will.

3) HOWEVER, and it is a big however, AB will be the Moss of 2019. Gordon and Edelman will definitely be helped by the addition of AB, big time.

4) One of the WR's will likely be gone by the playoffs. So, having 4 to start is great keeping Thomas or Dorsett).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bradyking12

Bradyking12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,701
    I don't that will happen or think that would be good for his development especially that we spent a first on him and based on his 2 plays he's seems pretty plug in play might not see much but I'm sure he'll get rotated.

20. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +81,022
    When you put it that way that is epic trolling.

BB is THE Illuminati

• Thank You Thank You x 1