PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fun reading from steelers universe:
Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the Patriots, per source.

Hopefully he does something really stupid and misses the whole year.

He won't, though. Whole thing was rigged. He'll show up and magically show up with a humble team-first attitude and a super work ethic and everything will be all candy and unicorn boners.

Fck that guy and fck that team.

And the reddit threat:

The more I'm thinking on this the more I like it, depending on how the contract works of course. I'm thinking that it becomes a no lose situation for Bill, and not the big risk some in the media are making it. Here's why.

If it works, and AB puts his head down and just excels like Moss did in 09, then the genius of Bill and the presence of Brady only grow larger. If he becomes the knucklehead he's shown in Pittsburgh and Oakland, then Bill cans his ass and it becomes a strong object lesson to the rest of the team that there is only ONE culture in NE and that is of the TEAM.

When Randy Moss' true character started to come out early in 2010 Bill shipped him out so fast he had Randy on camera begging to be forgiven and taken back in a few weeks, IIRC. Great object lesson to that young 2010 team, which didn't miss a beat until that "game that shall not be mentioned 2.0". No one is bigger than the team.

So whether this works or not, Bill will still win, and the Pats can still prevail with or without AB

I don't that will happen or think that would be good for his development especially that we spent a first on him and based on his 2 plays he's seems pretty plug in play might not see much but I'm sure he'll get rotated.
Maybe but if Josh, JE, DT and AB are healthy, productive and minding their Ps and Qs Harry ain't seeing the field.

Has anyone said that this offense is gonna be LETHAL yet?

well, one thing I will say is that both the Steelers and Raiders ran a loose ship and seemed to let brown get away with whatever he wanted...which is what made him the entitled player he is today. Tomlin let his players run the team, and we saw how poorly the raiders handled browns situation. first suspended, then reinstated, then fined, then released.

that wont fly in New England. question is, will he buy in with a more structured environment with two HOF'ers in Brady/Belicheck? if he can for just one year he can reap the benefits. but Bill will not tolerate any transgressions.
I am sure you're right : it won’t fly. But I also don’t believe Brown can/will curtail his behaviour on social media. He is addicted. He will put crap on there because he can’t stop himself.

Hope to be wrong because it’s obvious NE has talent on O that is out of this world.

Relax. If the word truly offends you, I'm sorry. It's never bothered me because the word doesn't mean anything to me. It carries no weight. It would be like calling me the "N" word. Nothing. But I apologize to have made light of it.

I'm not offended by what he said...just calling a spade a spade. And you have nothing to apologize for, guessing you didn't delete my post.

But I am annoyed that my post was deleted that is BS I didn't do anything that would warrant that.

Just a note:

We already had a decent WR group, but it didn't include a dynamic player. Now it will. It will move the needle of how efficient this offense will be. BUT lets be clear. We added an elite WIDE RECEIVER. It's not like we had a JAG QB and added Tom Brady. It will make a difference, but NOT a big one.

IT's just a WR. How many times do we have go through this. Great WR's NEVER determine a team's success or failure. They just help, otherwise the Texans, Falcons, Chiefs, etc all would have passed us years ago. Because everyone of those teams AND more, all have better WR's than we have had. Yet it's the Pats who have been to 4 of the last 5 superbowls, not them.

This team's success was NEVER going to be determined by who our WR's are. Brady was always going to have 4500 odd yds, 30 TD's, 10 picks, etc. Do you really think that it will be THAT much better if he's at 5000 yds, 35 TD's and 10 pick with AB?

No our Team's success is REALLY going to be determined by how good our OL turns out to be. How good our DL is against the run. This year isn't going to be determined by how dynamic AB is, but by how dynamic the DEFENSE is.

So regardless of how this AB experiment turns out to be for good OR bad; it will be those other areas of the field that will determine if we get our 7th Lombardi Trophy, not because we added a luxury WR.

Having a great wr really does help as did having a great te. I don’t know why people underestimate JE, but he’s a great wr, and we would not win 2 Super Bowls without him. His elite quickness and Brady’s quick release mask the weakness our ol had at times.

The more I'm thinking on this the more I like it, depending on how the contract works of course. I'm thinking that it becomes a no lose situation for Bill, and not the big risk some in the media are making it. Here's why.

If it works, and AB puts his head down and just excels like Moss did in 09, then the genius of Bill and the presence of Brady only grow larger. If he becomes the knucklehead he's shown in Pittsburgh and Oakland, then Bill cans his ass and it becomes a strong object lesson to the rest of the team that there is only ONE culture in NE and that is of the TEAM.

When Randy Moss' true character started to come out early in 2010 Bill shipped him out so fast he had Randy on camera begging to be forgiven and taken back in a few weeks, IIRC. Great object lesson to that young 2010 team, which didn't miss a beat until that "game that shall not be mentioned 2.0". No one is bigger than the team.

So whether this works or not, Bill will still win, and the Pats can still prevail with or without AB
There you go.

ED4_W8kU4AAszWp

Having a great wr really does help as did having a great te. I don’t know why people underestimate JE, but he’s a great wr, and we would not win 3 Super Bowls without him. His elite quickness and Brady’s quick release mask the weakness our ol had at times.

Fixed it for you

You cut him overnight. Simple as that. And I'm pretty sure he knows it.

That's the gamble. If he is destructive in the locker-room, gets into arguments with staff/players, he is released with a NICE $9million pocket change. He WINs, Patriots LOSE.

If he behaves for just this season, reaches 1000yds, wins the SB, both sides WIN.

1st time i've really taken more than 3 seconds to look at his stats.

Beyond HoF caliber #s, what is up with his comp % going down 3 straight years?
View attachment 24116
Big Ben pulling the trigger for him. He hasn't exactly taken care of himself and the two have openly feuded. We also know Big Ben isn't below icing a guy out of spite.
JuJu ate targets.
He's demanded increased attention from defenses.
Leveon ran out of town, Connor got hurt. They have some legitimate young options (none superstars) at te.
Did we talk about Big Ben being a twit?

And so Darth Hoodie ensured that Goodie would screach in the swamp for another year.
"We must find our precious. No, Namath can't saves us" the wretch would ramble to himself. For it was known that the dark emperor had again played his enemies for fools.
The people wondered, how could we let this happen? He'll get an extra pick for AB shooting his way out of town?
Conspiracy ignited. Panic set in. The Jete didnt even win the offseason this year.
Ehat fake science will they come up with next?

Having a great wr really does help as did having a great te. I don’t know why people underestimate JE, but he’s a great wr, and we would not win 3 Super Bowls without him. His elite quickness and Brady’s quick release mask the weakness our ol had at times.

Corrected

EDIT: And if healthy in 2017, maybe four

How on earth did they come to a contract agreement so quickly?
This has probably been in the works for years.

Not illegally but I'm sure, and have heard, He and BB have mutual respect.
..And why wouldn't they???

This guy wants to win, without the wanna-be BS.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye