PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so pissed that we traded a good player to the #### Jets because of this guy. Just get him out of here. Next time have a better draft BB and sign a decent free agent WR without baggage. Just wasting the salary cap now.

No. I didn't say anything like that. I said they continued to socialize with him, and go to his house parties. There was a lot of accusations coming from friends of his (women as well) calling out accusers who continued to stay in his circle after he assaulted them.

Don’t be defensive, I was just being a dink to illustrate how insane all of this is! Anything said can be twisted around on someone.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around that statement.
I'm sure we'd all be surprised by some things that couples do behind closed doors.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not saying this did happen, didn't happen, was consensual, a truth, a lie....
Nor do I condone it.

Bill just stated that he's practicing!!! Let fxcking goooooo!!!!

Getting put on the exempt list because it's the Pats even though it's a civil case...who knows when and if he plays for us

Goes back to her "rapist's" house for her things, doesn't go to the police, instead 16 months later files a lawsuit for money when her "rapist" is one of the most talked about and vilified men in American sports.

This really should be a red flag for people.

Agree, but don't forget about the $1.6 million. That's a pretty big piece to this.

Lol...translated version. Gotta love Twitter.

Reports are that she passed a lie detector test of the incident...

Anton
The only meaningful ramifications of the scenario you described is that someone could effectively disable a player and prevent them from playing for 'x' amount of time simply by making an accusation. That's problematic, but it has no impact on the outcome of the case in court.

Whether or not the NFL chooses to inactivate Brown has no impact on the outcome of the case, and if Taylor gets any compensation.

They're two separate discussions.

Hypothetically someone who's a fan of 'x' team could bring about well-orchestrated allegations against a player of 'y' team in an effort to affect availability on the field. But I think that's probably not worth worrying about at this point -- I doubt we'd see a flurry of false allegations simply to tip the competitive balance on the field.

True, in the grand scheme of things it pales in comparison to did he do it or not.
I doubt we will ever have absolute proof. It could come down to what a jury believes...

Does anyone on this forum believe that the case could be settled by AB and his lawyers before coming to trial? In this case if the case is settled, I think he would need to be suspended.

In other news......Manish Mehta, NY's version of our own Ben the MCI is tweeting out THIS this morning. What a dope: :D

If he is being put on the exempt list he will get cut and we will use the cap space in another way. That much is certain.

Bill just stated that he's practicing!!! Let fxcking goooooo!!!!
Bill doesn't give a ****. Love it.

Until hes in jail, dead or the league tells him he cant play hes playing.

and then the union is all over it, and he has grounds, IMHO, to come after the league.....there's not even criminal charges filed, just a civil suit.......this would be a huge over reach by the NFL imho
After the Brady decision by the 2nd Circuit, I very much doubt he has any grounds to do anything if he's suspended with pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back