PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor vs Brown in US DIstrict Court in Southern District of Florida

This reads bad this is the court document.
He jacked off on her while they were watching a church service.
Wow if that is true he is a special kind of douche bag.
This makes her out to be a saint Antonio may be in trouble.

Are you suggesting that a document that is drafted by professional lawyer to to tell a story that is 100% favorable to his or her client and 100% unfavorable to the other side actually paints the client in a good light and the other side as scum???? Welcome to the World of Litigation, pal!

My point was less to do with this case, I mean if the first thing people do is assume a women is lying, aren’t they doing the same thing they claim to be against (assuming guilt)?
There are a million miles in between “innocent until proven guilty after an attempt to present a defense” and “the accuser is a liar”
It’s disingenuous to imply that later is necessary to saying the former.

We're good. I'm coming out with my story tomorrow how Patrick Mahomes forcibly finger banged me when I bent over to tie my shoe. Should be able to bank a few million.

I'm going to keep the police out of it though, they are busy enough already.

I think it's more likely than not the team was briefed about this by Brown's agent before he was signed.

Well that assumes some things

Brown has no control over who sues him. You have no control over who sues you.
eehh, that's not completely true

He puts himself in bad situations, that's pretty clear already. Not only talking about this instance, too

But about this one, even if it's a fake accusation, why did he have to put up with someone who is clearly a Gold digger?

Gotta be smarter

Last edited:
The percentages say its better to err on the side of the accuser. And yeah, maybe I have too many SJW friends...

Or you could patiently wait for the facts to come out and/or a trial to play out before passing judgment.

So a courageous liar making an accusation should result in a conviction?

Couldn't this have happened before we handed over 5 million dollars?
And another 4 million next year, even if he’s not on the team, right? I think they split the 9m guarantees over two years.

I'm guessing krafty Bob deep sixes Antonio Brown...so, in 6 weeks when Josh Gordon fires up the bong and fails another test, we're back to square one and the receiver corps being suspect big time....No Brown, No D Thomas and we have Edelman, Dorsett, and 2 rookies...not encouraging, especially w Michel averaging 1 yard a carry Sunday night

Are you suggesting that a document that is drafted by professional lawyer to to tell a story that is 100% favorable to his or her client and 100% unfavorable to the other side actually paints the client in a good light and the other side as scum???? Welcome to the World of Litigation, pal!

I only dealt with litigation when I won Primary custody of my oldest son from his mother.
My attorney was a pitbull she was great.

I've never once seen a wrongful termination lawsuit brought against an NFL team. For one, based on the contract language, performance can always be cited as unsatisfactory because the union has agreed that judgment of satisfactory performance is based on the "club's sole judgment." The conduct clause is nearly as broad. Brown himself admitted to going to Vegas, sleeping with this woman multiple times, etc. All that's enough that the club could say "conduct detrimental to the team."

I run a union and I've got an extremely good grasp on labor law. I'm not speaking from nothing. I can't really envision any situation in which I could beat management based on those terms. Other than a handful of instances where injured players were wrongfully released (which is covered under a separate article of the NFL CBA), I can't recall a single instance where a player brought a wrongful termination grievance or suit and won.

Kaepernick just won a huge amount of money

Sexual assault accusers? I disagree. I'd say it is at least 70% pure.

Allowing, for the sake of using your percent claim as the example, for a 70% truth rate, that still leaves 30% of the claims as false. In other words, according to your guesstimate, just about 1 out of every 3 accused is being falsely accused of rape. Obviously 1/3 of claims being false would mean that accusers often have impure motives. Now, stop.

First rule of holes, for goodness' sake.

The Pats wouldn’t have traded Thomas if they were thinking about cutting Brown.

Unless he’s dumb enough to say in text messages, how do you prove he raped her months ago?

There are a million miles in between “innocent until proven guilty after an attempt to present a defense” and “the accuser is a liar”
It’s disingenuous to imply that later is necessary to saying the former.
Yeah I agree. My point is there are a lot of people that will jump to the accuser is a liar before seeing any evidence and will look for every reason to confirm that opinion.

eehh, that's not completely true

He puts himself in bad situations, that's pretty clear already. Not only talking about this instance, too

But about this one, even if it a fake accusation, why did he have to put up with some someone who clearly a Gold digger?

Gotta be smarter
Hanging out with a gold digger is not a crime.

It's much harder to win a criminal case than it is a civil case. Burden of proof is far higher in a criminal case.
These are apples and oranges and people need to stop confusing the two. If Brown was arrested and charged criminally that would mean law enforcement had enough evidence to believe he likely committed a CRIMINAL ACT that could place him in prison if found guilty. A civil case seeks $$$ and it ends there. Sorry, but if this woman truly believes she was raped she first and foremost should've gone to police seeking criminal charges -- she always could pursue a civil action later. The timing of this CIVIL action also is highly suspect, IMO, just one day after he signed a guaranteed contact following his nebulous tenure with the Raiders. If Brown was charged criminally I'd say cut him loose immediately and don't look back. Considering this is a civil suit I think it's a different matter entirely.

I was pretty clear that my post wasn't about intelligence, and was about experience. But, given that

seems to have been too advanced for your comprehension skills, perhaps, in your case, it is about me being much smarter.

shrug.gif

You have specialized skills in everything you post. This is typical of your responses on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back