PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Cuba is looking for a new attorney general. You should apply.

Don't bet your house payment on it. Maybe if you took the time to actually read the specifics, and how incredibly shaky and suspect the accuser's case is, you might be able to come to a more likely conclusion, a little closer to at least being in the ballpark of reality.

Hahahahahahahah

Instead of multi-quoting everyone who quoted me. I'll clarify here:

I was not speaking in the LEGAL sense, but the moral sense. I absolutely agree with our fundamental laws of due process. I was just saying that it is best to err on the side of the victim in order to protect victims and make actual victims more willing to come out. Same deal with victims of domestic violence.
And that would work well in a just society. But unfortunately that doesn't describe were we are right now in America. Still better than most, but no where we once were.

For what? Because someone is suing him?

BB "I don't ANY drama coming from you anymore, did you hear Antonio"

AB "Of course Coach. Im 100% in Football. No subject will ever distract me this season"

*phone rings* NFL BREAKING - ANTONIO BROWN ACCUSED OF RAPE

Cg5mz2sVEAAZHbh.jpg

Accusers OFTEN have impure motives?

Note: I actually think the timing of this stinks. But this is how these things go....its all he said and she said.....

Yes, accusers often have impure motives. Are you really so brainwashed as to think that's not true?

and Harvey Weinstein thanks you for your support. :rolleyes:
What a watershed moment: one clear and obvious predator saw the inside of a jail cell. I'll ask you this Ken, where did the movement go after that? Spare me your crocodile tears.

Accusers OFTEN have impure motives?

Note: I actually think the timing of this stinks. But this is how these things go....its all he said and she said.....

Yes, often. There are no statistics but why would human nature be suspended in only this one area of the human experience?

Huh? The point is that no one is guilty until proven innocent.
Saying Brown isn’t guilty because he was accused is not saying the accuser is lying, it’s saying he had a right to defend himself before you pass judgment.
My point was less to do with this case, I mean if the first thing people do is assume a women is lying, aren’t they doing the same thing they claim to be against (assuming guilt)?

No. You don’t tarnish someone’s name and reputation without evidence on the basis of “well the accuser is usually telling the truth”.

Not tarnishing anyone's rep here. Just saying how we all should approach it as a society to foster a better environment for actual victims to come forward. Yea, there will always be those that take advantage.

Even if lying, it takes a lot of courage to accuse a high profile person of sexual assault. The #metoo movement changed my mind on this with all of those women coming out against Cosby, Weinstein,

BB "I don't ANY drama coming from you anymore, did you hear Antonio"

AB "Of course Coach. Im 100% in Football. No subject will ever distract me this season"

Brown has no control over who sues him. You have no control over who sues you.

Does the women get the same benefit of a doubt that she isn’t a liar or is she guilty from the start?
In any civilized society, the person accused of the crime is afforded the presumption of innocence and given the benefit of the doubt. The accuser - whether lying or not - is the one facing the burden of proof.

In a civil suit, the bar is lower. You do not need to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Regardless, the accuser is still the one with the responsibility to provide evidence of guilt.

Civilized societies do not start from the standpoint that the accused is guilty.

You’re not making any sense, you should stop.

You keep saying ludicrous things. Stop.

O sweet Lord baby Jeebus, here we go with rape allegations. Couldn't this have happened before we handed over 5 million dollars?

Yes, accusers often have impure motives. Are you really so brainwashed as to think that's not true?

Sexual assault accusers? I disagree. I'd say it is at least 70% pure.

I’ll go on record and say I don’t believe it. Maybe it makes me a bad person but based on the timeline of his and her interactions I think it’s a money grab.

It probably does but I don’t think we go for him if this comes out prior.

I think it's more likely than not the team was briefed about this by Brown's agent before he was signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back