• Yes, make it happen BB!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats were to trade for AB, I'd say a 3rd round pick would be fair compensation seeing that he is intent on shooting his way out of town.

As far as his new contract I'd offer a 16m dollar signing bonus with an extra year added on and restructure the contract to minimize the 2019 cap impact. That way you'd spread out the bonus money over 4 years.

I expect he will provide top level performance over at least 2 years of the contract. Then if you cut him on year 3, you only eat 8m of the bonus money cap hit.

To me this seems reasonable to get an elite player who could have a Randy Moss-like impact on the offense. For those 2 years, the Pats championship window would be wide open. I say maximize Brady's final elite seasons and win at least 1 or 2 more rings with him and AB/Edelman at receiver.
Will cost us more than a third second at the least.
I would do it for a second but getting a 5th back

Steelers supposedly staying firm on the first round asking price. The only team that I’d see doing that would be Oakland.

yeah...they have 3 first round picks. Chuckie wants to do this...eggy faced over the Mack fiasco, he needs to do some PR repair

Is Oakland really going to be stupid enough to give up a 1st for Brown?

Stay tuned!

Antonio Brown said last month that he was not looking for a new contract when and if he is traded from the Steelers to a new team, but a team talking to Pittsburgh about trading for the wide receiver reportedly got a different message this week.

Albert Breer of SI.com reports that a team involved in talks with the Steelers was told that Brown wants to be the highest-paid wide receiver in the league. Giants wideout Odell Beckham currently holds that spot with a contract that averages $18 million a year.

The identity of the team is not part of the report, but Breer reports “money was a factor” for the Bills when their talks with the Steelers went off the rails Thursday night and Friday morning. There were multiple reports that Brown’s unwillingness to go to Buffalo was what blocked the deal from going through.

Report: One team was told Antonio Brown wants to be highest-paid WR

Giving up a first rounder would be insane. The Steelers have gotta get rid of them and the asking price will go down eventually.

AB should demand a Trade a to the Patriots and I wouldn't blame him.

Antonio Brown on his Instagram live: "Hey I'm about to announce my new team in like a little bit alright... Something positive is about to be happening real soon, trust me. Stay by the phone... Big announcement coming soon. Big announcement coming soon! Mr. Big Checks."

Can you imagine the fights between him and Chucky?

I’m going out on a limb. “New team” is some kind of plug for a new agent or or new endorsement deal, and he’s looking to pour everyone a round of self-serving publicity.

Wonder if his "new" team is Pittsburgh. This guy is beyond crazy. He's on another planet of insane. I can't wait to see whatever team get him implode. They deserve it.

Edit: well Mayock you're off to a rocky start in your new job. Evidently I gave this guy a bit to much credit.

Last edited:
It’s Silver and Black, but ok.

Don’t see Chucky as much of a disciplinarian. He’ll do fine there wasting away until the new stadium is built in Vegas. Not much of a headline to be honest AB.

Basically replacing someone who underachieved there, traded to Dallas and put up stupendous numbers afterwards. Good move bud.

Okay, this has to be it. But how about the team???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots