Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, we can spend out money/assets better elsewhere

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 things:

- Assuming it does get worked out, this Steelers matchup just got a lot easier (easier offense to defend)

- Big Bens numbers are going to take a huge hit.

- Steelers miss the playoffs again.

No shedding of tears on my end...

3 things:

- Assuming it does get worked out, this Steelers matchup just got a lot easier (easier offense to defend)

Calling it now. Steelers get the #1 overall pick (by means of being the worst team for a full season) soon after Ben retires.

I ain’t even gonna play myself no more for this NFL. . . . I think I done everything.

I have run this through Google's Gibberish-to-English translator a few times and concluded he's threatening to retire? Or is he signalling that he's headed to the XFL? So enigmatic.

I think Brown goes to the Bucs to be with Bruce Arians.

Personally, I think he would be great with the Pats and help Gronk and Jules win another ring. Oh, and I think the Pats run of the mill, old, has-been QB would benefit as well.

3 things:

Maybe they agree to trade him to the Pats at the meeting.

Maybe they agree to trade him to the Pats at the meeting.

Cousins,
If the Pats can get another DIVA like Randy Moss, who turned a new leaf for at the least a couple years, I am all for it. I think OBJ would be great but the price too high in comparison to "damaged goods" AB.

Josh Gordon might yet turn into a great NFL player with help on his ghosts. Why not AB? How about both of them an JE with Gronk for a "lucky seven" for the Pats?........2007 version #2, perhaps my favorite year of the Pats (minus one lucky catch)

Yes 31 but if we get a solid AB for the last couple of years of TB12, WHY NOT?

People on the site were britting sicks when Moss was signed. I think BB would do that move all over again.

Why would the Steelers send him to the Pats? We have two #2 picks. The best offer they could get might be the Pats. Their fan base would freak out if all they got was a 4th. Take a 2nd pick and call it a day. We can't draft WR unless they are Kent St. QB's.

Did any player coming to this organization as a known DIVA eclipse Moss? It worked.
DW Toys

Cousins,
If the Pats can get another DIVA like Randy Moss, who turned a new leaf for at the least a couple years, I am all for it. I think OBJ would be great but the price too high in comparison to "damaged goods" AB.

Josh Gordon might yet turn into a great NFL player with help on his ghosts. Why not AB? How about both of them an JE with Gronk for a "lucky seven" for the Pats?........2007 version #2, perhaps my favorite year of the Pats (minus one lucky catch)

People on the site were britting sicks when Moss was signed. I think BB would do that move all over again.

Why would the Steelers send him to the Pats? We have two #2 picks. The best offer they could get might be the Pats. Their fan base would freak out if all they got was a 4th. Take a 2nd pick and call it a day. We can't draft WR unless they are Kent St. QB's.

Did any player coming to this organization as a known DIVA eclipse Moss? It worked.
DW Toys
Some reports say all Pitt is being offered is a third a second may get It done.
I'd throw in a conditional 5th next season

Imagine Brown Gordon Edelman Gronk and Jamison Crowder or Cole Beasley or Danny Admendola.
It wouldn't be fair.
We could still use the number 2 for my QB binkie Clayton Thorson.
I love it.
Of course I'd rather use the same trade chips to get Beckham.

One can dream (purely for picturing the carnage, not the actual move)...

1. Browns acquire Antonio Brown from the Steelers
  2. Patriots acquire OBJ from the Giants
  3. The entire U.S. sporting world loses its mind
Fixed that

Instead, Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert strongly backed Roethlisberger as a leader today, and told other players they ought to listen when he says what they need to do better, whether that’s on the practice field or the radio.

“Ben’s the elder statesman. If the players were smart, they’d listen to him. He’s been there,” Colbert said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Steelers G.M. is OK with Big Ben calling out teammates on radio

One can dream (purely for picturing the carnage, not the actual move)...

1. Giants acquire Antonio Brown from the Steelers
  2. Patriots acquire OBJ from the Giants
  3. The entire U.S. sporting world loses its mind
The only thing I don't like about that scenario is Max Kellerman's team getting a top WR to replace Beckham. But he would still likely be foaming at the mouth over us getting OBJ.

Steelers had Ben, Bell, Brown, Sanders w a vg OL & completely imploded. That team is in shambles rn. Nothing would make me happier than to see Brady V Baker in AFCCG. That week & week after would be gold.

If I were calling the shots in Pittsburgh I would be trying to trade him to Cincinnati. Let him suffer on a losing team for the rest of his career, while getting opportunity to beat him twice a season.

Cousins,

DW Toys

I think it really just comes down to core personality traits/flaws

Josh Gordon by all accounts is a great guy and great teammate, but has a dark cloud of addiction that follows him around. That isn't an apples to apples comparison

Moss would be a better comparison, altho he wasn't shooting his way out of town when he was traded from the Raiders. Moss had a diva attitude and got into some shananigans, but he was also a Hall of Fame talent and arguably the best EVER at his position. Brown isn't anywhere near Moss' level, the trade only cost a 4th rounder and it wasn't a very risky trade in general from the Patriots point of view because they could cut their losses at any time

Brown's personality would worry me too much as a GM to consider it. He loves having the spotlight on himself, with his dancing with the stars, his commercials, all of his social media instagramming and tweeting... which is an acceptable level of risk by itself, because lots of football players are divas and love the lime light... but where Brown's personality takes a turn and puts him in the "No Way" category for me is his track record of wanting the spotlight so much that he'll even go so far as to generate negative attention to get it. That is borderline personality disorder type behavior that can really create tension in a locker room if they don't have it under control. Brown clearly lacks any sort of composure or control, he just can't help himself and at 31 years old... that's an easy one to cross off the list as a GM IMO, unless you're a desperate trying to generate hype to save your job for 1-2 years

Is Pittsburgh's offense even complicated? Would Antonio Brown have the same football IQ that Moss did and be able to pick up this very complex offense and put the time in to master it? What if he put all that time in to learning and mastering the offense, but Brady is spreading the ball around to other receivers and Brown isn't in the spotlight? Will he be Ok with just being "one of the guys" when everything about his personality and past behavior says otherwise?

If I wanted to take a risk on a diva WR I would roll the dice on OBJ, at least he's young and is someone you could work with to help his maturation process. Brown is 31, we have plenty of 30+ year old WRs on the roster right now so I would rather they go for a younger superstar if they want to make a big splash, or make a move and draft one

Agreed about Jackson, although I think that Evans may be one of the top 5 WRs in the league, so I wouldn’t really want to see them paired up, even with that moron throwing them the ball.
Reading this kind of talk just reinforces my strong belief that NO elite WR is worth the 8 figure money they get.

Mike Even IS one of the 5 best WR's in the league, and what exactly has it gotten TB? Think about all the years Calvin Johnson played in Detroit on losing teams. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Odelle Beckham, etc, etc, and etc. You could create a much longer list of elite WR's who have played on teams that lost more than they won.

That isn't a coincidence, folks. The fact is that WR's are perhaps the most easily replaceable positions in the game simply because there are more of them out there every year. 300lb guys who are athletic, tough, and have the right mental attitude are much harder to find simply because there are less of them.

So YES, I do have a keen sense of the obvious and so should you. Now of course I would agree if Brady was throwing the ball to "elite" WR's it would be a lot easier on him. Just look at 2007. But is it NECESSARY? Just look at the WR's we have had in our superbowl years. In only ONE did we have an elite guy and we lost anyway. I would bet that in the other 8 superbowl games fans would have a hard time remembering who the WR's were. Even Pats fans would have a problem remembering the guy who was opposite Dion Branch in those days, (David Givens, btw) let alone who the #3 or 4 guys were. (and I have no clue off hand).

I'm OK spending "market value" on the OL. DL. CB, and QB, if you have to, but NEVER on a WR....and rarely on anyone else. So no on AB. No on Odelle. No on ESanders, or anyone else who is going to cost you eight figures. Not that these all aren't great receivers and would help any offense, but because it would keep you from allocating that money into areas of greater overall importance to a FOOTBALL team, not a fantasy team.

Reading this kind of talk just reinforces my strong belief that NO elite WR is worth the 8 figure money they get.

Mike Even IS one of the 5 best WR's in the league, and what exactly has it gotten TB? Think about all the years Calvin Johnson played in Detroit on losing teams. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Odelle Beckham, etc, etc, and etc. You could create a much longer list of elite WR's who have played on teams that lost more than they won.

That isn't a coincidence, folks. The fact is that WR's are perhaps the most easily replaceable positions in the game simply because there are more of them out there every year. 300lb guys who are athletic, tough, and have the right mental attitude are much harder to find simply because there are less of them.

So YES, I do have a keen sense of the obvious and so should you. Now of course I would agree if Brady was throwing the ball to "elite" WR's it would be a lot easier on him. Just look at 2007. But is it NECESSARY? Just look at the WR's we have had in our superbowl years. In only ONE did we have an elite guy and we lost anyway. I would bet that in the other 8 superbowl games fans would have a hard time remembering who the WR's were. Even Pats fans would have a problem remembering the guy who was opposite Dion Branch in those days, (David Givens, btw) let alone who the #3 or 4 guys were. (and I have no clue off hand).

I'm OK spending "market value" on the OL. DL. CB, and QB, if you have to, but NEVER on a WR....and rarely on anyone else. So no on AB. No on Odelle. No on ESanders, or anyone else who is going to cost you eight figures. Not that these all aren't great receivers and would help any offense, but because it would keep you from allocating that money into areas of greater overall importance to a FOOTBALL team, not a fantasy team.
It would seem that Belichick agrees with you. It would be nice to hit on a cheap draft pick, that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back