PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Announced Patriots cuts: countdown to 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ron Sellers, its a fact!Just lousy draft choices!It has gotten better like someone mentioned but it hurts the team now at safety.

It stands to reason that there is a back-of-the-roster guy out there that can help this team and doesn't necessarily reflect on the quality of the Patriots roster. We've picked up two guys this past week, Dearth and Molden, who, at least for now, are still with the team.

I've watched Molden the last few years here in Houston. Unless Molden found religion, he'll make everyone here beg to start Butler. Molden couldn't cut it with Houston's new defensive coaching staff. Doesn't give me any reasons to believe he will be any better here. Players from most teams usually get cut for a reason (i.e they can't play), though the Pats are throwing some good talent on the street.

This will actually be a good move for Merriweather. While he may not be Pro Bowl caliber, most teams in the league would love to have a safety of his ability and I expect there will be a lot of interest in him. He will probably get a nice pay raise out of this.

Perfect fit with the Raiders. Good old Al loves his type.

Where is Darius Butler?He has to be gone as well.Another smart pick.:mad:

Only from 2004-2008. Floyd Reese has been lights out since he came here.

Good job with the cuts today but I don't understand why everyone wants to credit Floyd Reese for the job Nick Caserio does, he is the Director of Player Personnel, Floyd Reese is an advisor. Who do you think has more say in personnel decisions?

Glad to see Tate gone. Happy to see Price get a chance.

Last edited:
I've watched Molden the last few years here in Houston. Unless Molden found religion, he'll make everyone here beg to start Butler. Molden couldn't cut it with Houston's new defensive coaching staff. Doesn't give me any reasons to believe he will be any better here. Players from most teams usually get cut for a reason (i.e they can't play), though the Pats are throwing some good talent on the street.

Your last sentence pretty much refutes your argument then doesn't it. Whether Molden makes it or not doesn't change the larger point that there are going to be players out there to help teams after the cut-downs.

Wow, pick a kid up from the mall and come home to find out BB deBrandonizes the team.......

Here is where I have it
Anyone disagree?

QB (3) Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett
RB (5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Kevin Faulk
WR (6) Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, Matthew Slater
TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Will Yeatman
C (2) Dan Koppen, Ryan Wendell
G (3) Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger
T (4) Matt Light, Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder, Steve Maneri
DE (5) Mike Wright, Mark Anderson, Shaun Ellis, Andre Carter, Gerard Warren
DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth, Kyle Love, Myron Pryor
LB (8) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Gary Guyton, Jermaine Cunningham, Rob Ninkovich, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White, Jeff Tarpinian
CB (6) Devin McCourty, Leigh Bodden, Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler, Ras-I Dowling, Moulds
FS (3) Sergio Brown, Ross Ventrone Barrett
SS (2) Patrick Chung, James Ihedigbo
ST (3) Stephen Gostkowski, Zoltan Mesko, James Dearth
PUP(3) Marcus Cannon, Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick

Total Players: 57

Hey Ron Sellers, its a fact!Just lousy draft choices!It has gotten better like someone mentioned but it hurts the team now at safety.

The only thing that is a fact is that nobody hits on 100% of their draft picks.

Wow, pick a kid up from the mall and come home to find out BB deBrandonizes the team.......

Here is where I have it
Anyone disagree?

RB (5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Kevin Faulk
WR (6) Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, Matthew Slater
G (3) Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger
LB (8) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Gary Guyton, Jermaine Cunningham, Rob Ninkovich, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White, Jeff Tarpinian
CB (6) Devin McCourty, Leigh Bodden, Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler, Ras-I Dowling, Moulds
FS (3) Sergio Brown, Ross Ventrone Barrett
PUP(3) Marcus Cannon, Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick

Total Players: 57

I think Faulk is officially on PUP now.

How in the world doesn Butler make this team?:rolleyes:Because of CB depth?

56, I think:

RB (4) BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen
WR (7) Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, Matthew Slater
G (5) Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger
CB (6) Devin McCourty, Leigh Bodden, Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler, Ras-I Dowling, Josh Barrett, Moulden
FS (2) Sergio Brown, Ross Ventrone
PUP/Whatevs(4) Kevin Faulk, Marcus Cannon, Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick

From PatsPicker: PATS PICKER
Was Faulk PUPd?

Good job with the cuts today but I don't understand why everyone wants to credit Floyd Reese for the job Nick Caserio does, he is the Director of Player Personnel, Floyd Reese is an advisor. Who do you think has more say in personnel decisions?

Because Caserio was Director of Player Personnel from '04-'06, stepped down, then returned in '08, along with Reese.

Also Reese's track record is impeccable. He's drafted 3 ROY winners in 11 of his first round picks. His title is "Senior Football Advisor" and I don't think that's to be taken lightly.

How in the world doesn Butler make this team?:rolleyes:

Easy -- because he's the 5th-best CB. How many teams have FIVE corners better than Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes