PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Reid’s son involved in serious accident while intoxicated

At first I was looking at the story as a tragedy and hope that Reid learns his lesson regardless of the outcome and shows remorse.

Hearing about his past activities removed such thoughts, **** him.
But,but,but he has an addiction problem.

You see, people like Reid and Gordon need empathy and understanding.

Jesus. Mahomes thrashed in front of kids? WTF

20210206_221643.jpg

If anyone wants to donate to the child in the accident...and please, don’t be tacky like Chiefs fans and put your favorite football team in the comments.

Pretty graphic photo of child in hospital

************. I always kind of scoffed at the notion that it hits different to see kids suffer when you have a kid of your own but it really does. I can’t even imagine what I would do to Reid if this were my kid right now.

But,but,but he has an addiction problem.

You see, people like Reid and Gordon need empathy and understanding.
According to some on this board, addiction eliminates the need for accountability and they get a free pass for their “demons”. Weeee. No strings attached reckless actions and we’re all suppose to coddle this behavior and lump it into one basket.

praying for this little girl. leave it to the chiefs to put a dark cloud over the superbowl with their history of bad characters and violence.

Last edited:
I’d go with the also-ran/small market angle. They were a poverty franchise for 49 years then Kermit happened. They did have good seasons here and there but they were mostly blips. When they had Montana that made them relevant for a couple of years then straight back to bleh.
The Chiefs have been relevant to me since they entered the league. Lamar Hunt's money helped Billy Sullivan's Patriots and the rest of the AFL stay afloat in the beginning and their win in 1969 helped shut the NFLers up after the Jets win in 1968. That's why the AFC trophy is called the Hunt trophy.

According to some on this board, addiction eliminates the need for accountability and they get a free pass for their “demons”. Weeee. No strings attached reckless actions and we’re all suppose to coddle this behavior and lump it into one basket.
I think it's reasonable to have some level of empathy and understanding for addicts as they struggle to stay clean.

When their addiction/relapse has a negative impact on other's lives is when my empathy and understanding is gone and accountability must be exacted.

Didn't see this link within the thread (understand it's ESPN). WOW paints a horrible picture of Andy Reid from 2007

A judge who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail on Thursday likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill said before sentencing 22-year-old Britt Reid to up to 23 months in jail plus probation.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives and that Britt got hooked on painkillers when he suffered a football injury in high school.

"It sounds more or less like a drug emporium there, with the drugs all over the house, and you're an addict," O'Neill told Britt Reid.

Somehow has a decent coaching but a horrible embarrassing children tree

The Chiefs have been relevant to me since they entered the league. Lamar Hunt's money helped Billy Sullivan's Patriots and the rest of the AFL stay afloat in the beginning and their win in 1969 helped shut the NFLers up after the Jets win in 1968. That's why the AFC trophy is called the Hunt trophy.
The early Chiefs were fun to watch. How could you not like Hank Stram?

The concern in KC is that will Andy be able to call plays ok.
I know that sounds selfish or shortsighted… But ultimately that’s what matters to a fan related to a celebrity/professional. We feel bad for the victims but ultimately, we care about the team and winning.
When ESPN ran with the (false) Herald story the day before SB42, my first thought was “how will this affect our coaches and players the day before a game?” Not worried about the Rams or bettors who lost millions, etc.

Somehow has a decent coaching but a horrible embarrassing children tree

Being at work 16 hours a day and not “present” at home could have something to do with your work family prospering while your real family suffers.
We see it some doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, etc.

Really hope the kid pulls through. I had no prior knowledge of Britt but this is pretty sick. I would never endanger my child or anyone else's.

It's so easy to make a major mistake when driving. Heck, texting while driving got my wife's car totaled. Luckily my 3 month old son wasn't in the car or he wouldn't be here today.

So glad it was only the car that was severely hurt.

Being at work 16 hours a day and not “present” at home could have something to do with your work family prospering while your real family suffers.
We see it some doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, etc.

One of the major contributors to drug abuse is kids being born without fathers or father figures. I watched a video a while back of a talk show in which one of the men, a fairly young looking guy, had 28 children with 16 different women. There were others but he was the worst case.

It’s hard for me to empathize. I’ll freely admit to not fully understanding addictions. The second you get behind the wheel, though, it’s on you...

I have a neighbor who makes his daily walk to the liquor store.....hasn’t driven in 20 years, but was bagged for dui 4 times. There’s no difference except for time and place.

One of the major contributors to drug abuse is kids being born without fathers or father figures. I watched a video a while back of a talk show in which one of the men, a fairly young looking guy, had 28 children with 16 different women. There were others but he was the worst case.

that’s true ... dads lead by example ... my dad showed me how not to be

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back