PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck Retires from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. I have no idea why people are “sad” or feel bad for this guy, like he’s some sob story.

I feel sad for him the way I'd feel sad for anyone who's career didn't pan out the way that they'd like. Say what you want about Luck but he seemed like a nice kid who probably had visions of NFL glory and ending his career early because of injuries is probably a bummer way to end your life's dream.

But he's got financial security like the rest of us will never have so I feel less sad for him than I would for someone who gets laid off or whatever.

I don't think he's brave or inspirational I think he's just being smart, he clearly cared and I do think it is sad that his career looks to have ended to a chorus of boos from the same fat dumbasses who were excited to see Manning run out of town.

That is absurd :eek:
It was cute, for awhile, when people actually debated Brady-Manning. It was settled quickly.
It was cute, for awhile, when people actually debated Brady-Montana. It was settled as well.
People need to be reminded that Brady vs. the combo of Montana and Young, two no-doubter HOF-ers, is also settled.
Brady vs. the much sillier combo of Manning & Luck just goes along for the ride. Luck would not warrant a mention, save for the draft position and hype.

Please go ahead and put me in ignore. You are too easily triggered by normal conversation.

@AndyJohnson, if your debates and arguments here are, to you, "normal conversations" then you are living a life of poverty.

Huh? He is under contract to the colts. He quit playing football. Where is the confusion?

There's nothing in the contract, explicit or implied, for either party, that infers that they are committed to fulfilling it to the end of the terms. Nothing.

There's nothing in the contract, explicit or implied, for either party, that infers that they are committed to fulfilling it to the end of the terms. Nothing.
Right. He quit. He had every right to. He should have returned the signing bonus though.

@AndyJohnson, if your debates and arguments here are, to you, "normal conversations" then you are living a life of poverty.
Yeah I dont think you have to worry about me being in poverty lol.
And no most of those like you do bony allow normal conversations to happen. That’s kind of the point.
Kind of like your need to start this one, huh?

Luck is following in Gronk's footsteps and will soon announce his new enterprise...wait for it...here it comes...

POT LUCK

Cant blame Mcdaniels for not wanting to hitch his wagon to a choker like Luck.

Luck was Phillip Rivers like and thats all.

I'm not beating up on Luck like some people here, but this is unfair to Rivers, who has been a good NFL starter for twice as long (and counting) as Luck was.

I'm not beating up on Luck like some people here, but this is unfair to Rivers, who has been a good NFL starter for twice as long (and counting) as Luck was.

True, but they are similar QBs.

Both better than average, but not in the same class as your Rogers, Bradys and Peyton Mannings.

Luck is following in Gronk's footsteps and will soon announce his new enterprise...wait for it...here it comes...

POT LUCK
Ahahahaha! I am sitting at my desk LOLing...

True, but they are similar QBs.

Both better than average, but not in the same class as your Rogers, Bradys and Peyton Mannings.
I disagree.

Look at what happened to the Colts in 2017 with Brissett under center.

They went from playoff team, to 4-12, to back to the playoffs once Luck finally recovered and could force his way through another season.

Being an elite quarterback isn't always about winning it all. Otherwise Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be consensus elite, and he more or less is. Or Drew Brees for that matter.

Being an elite quarterback is about taking the team as it is and elevating it far above where it would be without you. By that standard Luck passes the eye test as a pretty freaking elite QB

Thank you for the rousing eulogy, Mrs. Luck....

I disagree.

They went from playoff team, to 4-12, to back to the playoffs once Luck finally recovered and could force his way through another season.

Being an elite quarterback isn't always about winning it all. Otherwise Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be consensus elite, and he more or less is. Or Drew Brees for that matter.

Being an elite quarterback is about taking the team as it is and elevating it far above where it would be without you. By that standard Luck passes the eye test as a pretty freaking elite QB
They didn’t make the playoffs in 2016. They went from winning 8 games with Luck to 4 games with Brissett. Plus Brissett really isn’t a good quarterback.

Only here could there be a multi-page argument on retiring vs quitting.

I disagree.

Umm the colts did not make the playoff the year before or the prior year so they did not in fact go from playoffs to 4-12.

Luck was 10-12 the 2 years prior to Brissett starting. During those 2 years the colts were 6-4 without luck.

They didn’t make the playoffs in 2016. They went from winning 8 games with Luck to 4 games with Brissett. Plus Brissett really isn’t a good quarterback.
2015 either, that was the year they were 8-8, 2-5 with luck 5-3 with Matt hasselbeck and 1-I with josh freeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes