PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck Retires from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll take Eric Ebron for Hoyer
No but I have a scenario that there is a Trade out there for a QB for the Colts. Eli Manning............Why?:

1. Pat Schurmer and Gettlemen can milk their jobs for another year or so while a rookie QB starts.
  2. A first in 2020 a third perhaps in 2021 might do this trade and the Giants get more than letting Eli walk.
  3. The last Colts SB was with Peyton his brother. There is a legacy.
  4. The Colts Fans would embrace Eli and understandably not blame the organization for being unprepared for this Luck retirement. They kept the fans thinking he was ready to go and management really duped them.
  5. As far as Eli, the Colts have more weapons and are a better Team for Eli rather than the Giants, with Hilton Ebron and Mack and a very good defense
  6. Eli can give them a few more years. No QB panic
  7. They are a play=off Team. Brissette might not be the guy to keep them on track but Eli can certainly (hate em or not) make plays to beat out the Jags, Titans, Texans
  8. The Giants fans who many hated the Jones Draft pick are now embracing it. He has looked fairly good, (but this is pre season). Still the Giants fans know Eli is on the way out. Better now than later.

DW Toys

You must have really poor reading comprehension skills. But this hardly shocking becAuse you have a history of this. The word success was only used by you, not me. And no, I never suggested he wasn’t a bust because he got blown out in an afccg. I suggested that taking a team that didn’t belong in the game, to the game, contributes to him not being a bust. This is all clear cut but like I said your piss poor reading comprehension skills once again prevent you from having a logical debate about the discussion
My reading comprehension is fine. I talking about the posts I responded to and what I said. You are taking about extraneous posts that were not part of my discussion.

Recap

Someone said he can’t be a bust because he got to an afccg

I said getting to an afccg does not define success.

You asked what is success. I answered.

So where is the disagreement?

Do you think getting to a conf championship, playing like crap and getting blown out is the standard for success in the NFL?

Or do you disagree that the measure of success of a football team is winning the SB?

You are right we can’t have a logical debate if you misrepresent what I said and change the entire context that it was said under.

Luck was not a bust.
Luck was not “a success” because he got to and was blown out in an AFCCG.
A team that never gets further than a ccg loss was not successful.

It wasn't that many years ago where people here were rightfully pointing out that we did not give Brady enough praise for how committed he was to giving his all. I'm not sure where the turning point came, maybe after the two NYG SB appearances were vanquished by the SEA SB win, but before that point, I could have seen such a thing happen in NE had TB12 bowed out early. Luckily for us, we've been blessed by leadership that understands the need to protect the QB, and a QB with great pocket awareness and, yes, pliability. We can only imagine what Luck would be had he been part of this organization.

One other thing that separates Brady is his respect for authority. That subject came up during The Brady 6 with one of his councilors from Michigan. In spite of Brady's GOATness he still respects Belichick's authority over him. Most top QBs probably aren't that way.

Sort of but insight and information isn't the property of just neutral voices. The problem is a lot of these talking heads think they have to prove they're not fans by being contrarians.

When businesses keep doing something, I assume it's to make money. Poking hornets' nest makes hornets swarm, and loyal fans are like hornets. The sad truth is that Felger's career totally took off after he adopted his Mr. Annoying persona.

Again, no. I agree that there was an expectation that he would start the season, but with everyone knowing he'd been through a lot, if people don't see a possibility of Luck breaking down in any given year they're blind.
You are talking about 2 different things.
Injury probe doesnt equal fans expecting you to quit at 29.
Do you honestly think there was a single colt fan last night who said “yeah I knew he would retire during a preseason game at 29. Not surprised at all”

No but I have a scenario that there is a Trade out there for a QB for the Colts. Eli Manning............Why?:

1. Pat Schurmer and Gettlemen can milk their jobs for another year or so while a rookie QB starts.
  2. A first in 2020 a third perhaps in 2021 might do this trade and the Giants get more than letting Eli walk.
  3. The last Colts SB was with Peyton his brother. There is a legacy.
  4. The Colts Fans would embrace Eli and understandably not blame the organization for being unprepared for this Luck retirement. They kept the fans thinking he was ready to go and management really duped them.
  5. As far as Eli, the Colts have more weapons and are a better Team for Eli rather than the Giants, with Hilton Ebron and Mack and a very good defense
  6. Eli can give them a few more years. No QB panic
  7. They are a play=off Team. Brissette might not be the guy to keep them on track but Eli can certainly (hate em or not) make plays to beat out the Jags, Titans, Texans
  8. The Giants fans who many hated the Jones Draft pick are now embracing it. He has looked fairly good, (but this is pre season). Still the Giants fans know Eli is on the way out. Better now than later.

DW Toys
I didn’t get any further than a first for the corpse of Eli Manning who should have already retired.

When businesses keep doing something, I assume it's to make money. Poking hornets' nest makes hornets swarm, and loyal fans are like hornets. The sad truth is that Felger's career totally took off after he adopted his Mr. Annoying persona.
Nothing sells in America like controversy, hot takes and conspiracy theories.

I get what Andy is saying.

As distasteful as it is, try to put yourself in the position of a Colts can at the stadium and then news comes out. You think you have a team that can compete for a SB. I would have been pisssed at the moment and would have booed. Normal reaction.

Brady has so much good will built up that there is virtually nothing he could do to illicit such a response.

I have to agree with you . You can’t blame the fans for booing. It’s just a bad situation all around. Luck should not be retiring during the dress rehearsal game. Its emotion of the moment for the fans there season is in the crapper and I would be pissed too.

Let’s not kid ourselves if Brady retired during a preseason game there would be boos too.

My reading comprehension is fine. I talking about the posts I responded to and what I said. You are taking about extraneous posts that were not part of my discussion.

Recap

Someone said he can’t be a bust because he got to an afccg

I said getting to an afccg does not define success.

You asked what is success. I answered.

So where is the disagreement?

Do you think getting to a conf championship, playing like crap and getting blown out is the standard for success in the NFL?

Or do you disagree that the measure of success of a football team is winning the SB?

You are right we can’t have a logical debate if you misrepresent what I said and change the entire context that it was said under.

Luck was not a bust.
Luck was not “a success” because he got to and was blown out in an AFCCG.
A team that never gets further than a ccg loss was not successful.

I listed a few reasons why he wasn’t a bust. You then responded to my post saying that’s not success. Which changes the discussion entirely. By your definition dan Marino didn’t have a successful career. Overrated or not, that would be an insane opinion to have in my opinion. I think luck has some things to be proud of despite probably not ever attaining his ultimate goal.

Edit: my mistake Andy. I genuinely thought the that’s not success remark was in response to one of my comments. I must have gotten confused with the alerts. That’s 100 percent on me. Someone did actually say that. By that logic Blake bortles isn’t a bust. In lucks case, The context is different as he didn’t get carried to the game like bottles, but that fact alone doesn’t make him not a bust. There’s other contributing factors as I said

Last edited:
I need to step away from football as a fan. This % is ridiculous. You can't make this kind of stuff up. What this has taught me as a fan, is that I'm way too invested in this game.

I have a signed Luck jersey on my wall (that is now worth probably less than half of what I paid for it), tons of other random Colts swag here and there. What for? So I can be depressed about a damn football game? Enough is enough. If Andrew can quit on the Colts and the NFL to better himself, so can I. Even if Luck were to wake up tomorrow, and change his mind. I'm still walking away. I'm tired of the highs and lows.

I can understand that no one here really cares, and that is OK. I'm really just typing this out for myself.

To all my friends here over the years, and especially the guys in the forums fantasy leagues, I wish you all the best.

Good luck this season Colts fans (for whatever that's worth)

- SilentHill

One other thing that separates Brady is his respect for authority. That subject came up during The Brady 6 with one of his councilors from Michigan. In spite of Brady's GOATness he still respects Belichick's authority over him. Most top QBs probably aren't that way.

This is one of the reasons that Brady and Belichick were the ideal fit for each other. Belichick needs that kind of QB, because he's not going to be anybody's buddy or cheerleader. And in the other direction, respecting Belichick's authority leads you to championships; respecting Chuck Pagano's authority leads you to the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Peyton wouldn't have played with a good OL, Demaryius, Julius Thomas, Decker and Welker
No, but they would have gotten a king’s ransom (think RG III trade) for the #1 pick for Luck, which Grigson would have then used on....

Oh, my mistake, carry on.

Peyton wouldn't have played with a good OL, Demaryius, Julius Thomas, Decker and Welker
The Colts could have gotten a kings ransom for the #1 overall pick and at least could have tried too fix their roster weaknesses. With their past GM Grigson's inability to draft, it may have failed, but the draft capital was there.

Edit... lol Hammer of Thor postedthe same thought while I was typing!

Never thought OJ would be the kind of guy to take a stab at fantasy football.
I was kind of surprised OJ didn't draft a white Bronco like Joe Flacco.

Regards,
Chris

I have to agree with you . You can’t blame the fans for booing. It’s just a bad situation all around. Luck should not be retiring during the dress rehearsal game. Its emotion of the moment for the fans there season is in the crapper and I would be pissed too.

Let’s not kid ourselves if Brady retired during a preseason game there would be boos too.
Someone leaked it or confirmed it to Schefter - Luck did not announce his retirement during the game.
And no, Brady would not get booed

I listed a few reasons why he wasn’t a bust. You then responded to my post saying that’s not success. Which changes the discussion entirely. By your definition dan Marino didn’t have a successful career.

No. Marino didn’t have a successful career BECAUSE OF getting to an AFCCG
Nonetheless I stand by the fact that a team getting to an afccg and losing does not meet

Overrated or not, that would be an insane opinion to have in my opinion. I think luck has some things to be proud of despite probably not ever attaining his ultimate goal.
Agreed. I never said otherwise, I just object to calling a ccg blowout success.

Edit: my mistake Andy. I genuinely thought the that’s not success remark was in response to one of my comments. I must have gotten confused with the alerts. That’s 100 percent on me. Someone did actually say that. By that logic Blake bortles isn’t a bust. In lucks case, The context is different as he didn’t get carried to the game like bottles, but that fact alone doesn’t make him not a bust. There’s other contributing factors as I said
All good. Seems we agreed all along.

Brady maybe not (although we can agree he wold get eviscerated on this forum) but any other human, absolutely.

Thank you! Plus, posters HERE act like he didn’t lose to...oh..you know..THE NE PATRIOTS MULTIPLE TIMES...and last year’s KC squad; great teams. How can you shame him for losing to great/SB winning teams without much help? But the same people seem to forget when he led that monumental comeback against KC in 2013 & beat DEN in 2014! Last year was the best team Luck has ever had. Every QB ain’t Brady, but Luck was still an amazing QB. People need to take their emotions out of it and be pragmatic about sh*t.

Tom Brady's made an idiot out of chunks of every NFL fan base. People here belittling Luck are evidence that this includes chunks of the Patriots fan base, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back