PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the new staring Quarterback is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there is a player vote. I also think the starting QB is almost automatically a captain

Assumes he receives the requisite number of votes from his teammates....?

Cam is a very good football player. Its a shame we set him up for disaster by allowing him to play with the worst crop of weapons in the NFL

lots of skilled offensive talent the patriots missed out on in the past two drafts

Cam is a very good football player. Its a shame we set him up for disaster by allowing him to play with the worst crop of weapons in the NFL

lots of skilled offensive talent the patriots missed out on in the past two drafts

i can argue that if we had talent we probably wouldn’t had Cam because Brady would still here be here. The advantage to have Cam this year is that when nobody gets open, Cam can extend plays with his legs a thing that Brady couldn’t do.

but I get the feeling.

Hmm, pretty amazing you can judge Stidham without ever seeing him play in the pros. Losing out as a second year player to a probowl QB doesn't really necessarily mean you suck, especially when you miss some of training camp with an injury, but you probably have that inside scoop.

Stidham wasn't exactly impressing anyone with 7 interceptions in his first 47 camp throws last month, or his 3 NFL throws last year including 1 INT for TD return.

Stidham wasn't exactly impressing anyone with 7 interceptions in his first 47 camp throws last month, or his 3 NFL throws last year including 1 INT for TD return.

you can’t judge a guy on a 3 passes in the pros.

I am pretty sure that 3 of his 7 picks came the day we learned he had a hip injury. 2 of them were under thrown on deep ball. I can buy that the injury affected him. In the end, I don’t think picks in TC or practice matter that much. Don’t forget that Jimmy G threw a tons of picks in practice. He ended up pretty good.

At the end of camp, based on stats by Jeff Howe, he had a 72.8% completion. That’s not that bad for a guy who apparently can’t play. Cam and hoyer were both under 64%. I’ll be fair, he threw a lot less passes but still.

he was better the first 3 days of camp, got injured at the wrong time, the same time Cam began to be better. I ultimately think that Cam would have been the starter anyway but without the injury I don’t think it would have been as clear cut.

Last edited:
you can’t judge a guy on a 3 passes in the pros.

I am pretty sure that 3 of his 7 picks came the day we learned he had a hip injury. 2 of them were under thrown on deep ball. I can buy that the injury affected him. In the end, I don’t think picks in TC or practice matter that much. Don’t forget that Jimmy G threw a tons of picks in practice. He ended up pretty good.

At the end of camp, based on stats by Jeff Howe, he had a 72.8% completion. That’s not that bad for a guy who apparently can’t play. Cam and hoyer were both under 64%. I’ll be fair, he threw a lot less passes but still.

he was better the first 3 days of camp, got injured at the wrong time, the same time Cam began to be better. I ultimately think that Cam would have been the starter anyway but without the injury I don’t think it would have been as clear cut.
Do you have any relation with LaGlass?

Guess i shouldnt have bet on Brian Lewerke to start.

I gotta be honest, even if i have mild expectations for this season, i am very excited to see this team play. I think its going to be fun

Cam being named the starter is neither positive nor negative until we see the results. But good for him. I hope he performs well.

it’s tough to follow Brady who averaged 12 wins per year

On another topic, anyone find it interesting that players like Cam & Andrews get voted capt but JE11 doesn’t ?

Yes, me. He seems to be showing amazing leadership at a time when his big buddies have left the team. Unless there's something I'm missing, I'd have thought it very well deserved.

I'm starting to wonder when they start extension talks... They can afford it.

Agree. Maybe some of the Sanu money, as a gesture.
Will League rules allow them to tear up the contract he signed in Q2 and do another one in 3Q?

BB is the G-COAT..

he has when he was not injured. I hope Cam has still something left otherwise with this roster it will be brutal.

He was ok. Threw the most interceptions and was working with the 2nd unit from the start.

Awesome from all I've been reading Cam has been the one bringing energy into the team let's hope that spark translates on the field.

Ⱦℏǟƫš MŸ qūǟrƫérƃǟȼƙ! Lol

I saw an insane stat on ESPN this morning (sorry if this was already posted). When Cam starts against Miami, he will be the first quarterback to start for the Patriots not drafted by them since 1993, when Drew Bledsoe got his first start. This will snap a streak of 423 consecutive starts made by a homegrown QB, nearly double the 227 straight starts made by Dallas Cowboys-drafted quarterbacks.

I saw an insane stat on ESPN this morning (sorry if this was already posted). When Cam starts against Miami, he will be the first quarterback to start for the Patriots not drafted by them since 1993, when Drew Bledsoe got his first start. This will snap a streak of 423 consecutive starts made by a homegrown QB, nearly double the 227 straight starts made by Dallas Cowboys-drafted quarterbacks.

Unless I'm reading the above wrong... Zo was drafted by the Pats and didn't he start a playoff game in 98?

Ok I’m sold. Can’t wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back