PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the new staring Quarterback is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was bound to happen. Stidham is a career back-up and nothing more. I have my questions about how much Cam has left in his legs as well as his ability to stay healthy throughout a full season, but there’s no question he’s the better QB right now. Plus, when I heard that he was the first guy in and the last guy out of the building every day, I figured he was a lock to be the starter.
On that note, Stidham is athletic enough to be a decent backup to Newton. He's not Newton but he can do some of the designed run stuff in a pinch. Much more athletic than Hoyer anyway.

On that note, Stidham is athletic enough to be a decent backup to Newton. He's not Newton but he can do some of the designed run stuff in a pinch. Much more athletic than Hoyer anyway.
I think he could have earned the starting job, but I heard that he was the second guy in the building and the second-to-last guy to leave the building every day. Not a good way to set an example in New England.

Good for Cam. He was given a chance and he made the most of it. I was against his signing originally, but I hope he proves me wrong.

On another topic, anyone find it interesting that players like Cam & Andrews get voted capt but JE11 doesn’t ?
Maybe he didn’t throw his name in that hat?

Awesome to see Cam named a captain after being with the team less than two months during a pandemic, says a lot about his skill set and character imo.

As far as the lack of talent around Cam on offense, I think the key will really be the offensive line. If they can be great, look for Cam to have a breakout season assuming he stays healthy. When Cam won MVP, Carolina lacked talent at WR but had a very strong offensive line. When he’s healthy and can stay upright, Cam has the ability to carry an offense.

So someone asked if they should draft Cam in fantasy...yes, especially at his current ADP. He has the potential to be a top five fantasy QB. Of course make sure you have a decent backup in case this experiment doesn’t work out.

Good for Cam. He was given a chance and he made the most of it. I was against his signing originally, but I hope he proves me wrong.

On another topic, anyone find it interesting that players like Cam & Andrews get voted capt but JE11 doesn’t ?

James White and David Andrews have been captains for the past few seasons. Edelman has not. I am guessing they were going to lose the roles. Plus the QB is often the captain, so I can’t say the vote is surprising.

oh...I get it....he stares down his receivers...THAT'S why he's the new STARING quarterback...:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

Hmm, pretty amazing you can judge Stidham without ever seeing him play in the pros. Losing out as a second year player to a probowl QB doesn't really necessarily mean you suck, especially when you miss some of training camp with an injury, but you probably have that inside scoop.

I’m curious to see where he falls on the depth chart week 1. If healthy is he the 2 or the 3.

Not a good look for Stidham, spent those years behind Tom and learned nothing.

Was happy when we made this move and more so now after camp reports. Honestly I might have been mildly depressed if we were going into this season with Stidham/Hoyer. Hope Cam protects himself well enough when improvising. Also thinking back to how upset Carolina fans would get over the lack of calls/ referee protection for Cam. Hope that's not an issue but seeing a ref incur the wrath of BB would at least be a decent consolation prize.

As bad as the Sanu deal turned out, this is looking like a great value signing.

As one of the first people here to advocate to acquire Newton, this is great, especially the team voting him captain.

He literally has all the talent in the world, he has taken a beating in the NFL, but hopefully McDaniels can draw up an offense that he can excel in.

with this defense and a time consuming offense, the Pats will be hard to beat.

I’ve scouted/watched him since he was in high school as the Gators were rumored to be in pursuit of him as a prospect. So yeah, I have a pretty good idea of his skill set. And I never said he sucked. Career back-up =/= sucking. That’s a word you conjured up all on your own. Perhaps read the post twice or maybe three times next time in order to help with understanding, if necessary.

EDIT: Oh, and we have seen him play in the pros. Pick-6 and yanked immediately. According to reports of his camp, not much changed.

Stidham’s debut didn’t really go any differently than Brady’s debut against the Lions.

Imagine someone went back in time to 2015 right after the Patriots won their 4th Super Bowl.

If they told everyone that Donald Trump would be President, the whole world would be hiding from the coronavrius, and that Cam Newton would be the Patriots starter, which would seem the least believable?:eek:

Cam is playin just like I coach em!!!!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Captain too. That’s great to see.

please stay healthy.

Yes sir!

Curious how captains are selected? Vote of the players?

Yes sir!

Curious how captains are selected? Vote of the players?

i think there is a player vote. I also think the starting QB is almost automatically a captain

just looking at the captains list shows you that our TE and WR groups are damn weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes