Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you make this trade?

• Total voters
That’s a batshit crazy trade suggestion. I’m fine with Belichick taking his time to rebuild to consistent contender.

Pass. Use way fewer picks and trade with the Lions for #7 if Zach Wilson drops past the Falcons.

Watson hates the pats.. doubt he wants to come here.. could go to dolphins if he wants to..

Teams that should be calling: Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, 49ers, Bears, Saints.

I’d consider this if we had a better roster.

What would we provide for Watson that would be any different right now.

If patriots dont go after Watson, the best situation for us would be if he gets traded to the 49ers. Supposedly they are looking hard at trading for him to upgrade the QB position as Jimmy G hasnt exactly fit perfectly in shanahans system. Also it makes sense for Watson since that is a team that is ready to win now.

That would make Jimmy Garoppolo expendable and we could go bring him back as I think he would excel in the Patriots system better than 49ers.

i would offer them our #1 pick this year and that is it. If the refuse, then move on. Watson is good, but not that good where you give them all your picks and best RB and #2 almost your #1 CB.

I'd go for it. Watson is the kind of franchise transforming piece you adjust your roster for. The exact proposal by the writer isn't how it's gonna go down, but picking up a franchise centerpiece to build around is worth a lot of sacrifice.

Frankly at this point I think the price to get him is way less than people think it will be.

I don’t want Jimmy G. He’s too injury prone.

I would give up Gilmore, 3 1sts
For Watson
This team has shown they can coach up D backs and Gilmore is up there adding on to the cap.
Houston can sell it to their fan base by getting a great player and team mate possible ball of famer even in the twilight of his career.
I would also do the same trade if Zach Wilson is on the board.
You get your QB and you build around that.
Both KC and Buff went and got there guy.
I’m not opposed of Trying to pry Jordan Love from Green Bay also.

I don't think Watson's primary goal in this entire charade is to get traded, but to make sure his voice regarding Bieniemy as HC is heard clearly and with all its urgency.

Both KC and Buff went and got there guy.

The board fell in the favor of the Chiefs with Mahomes still available after the top 10 and they jumped at the opportunity with a sensible package (essentially 3rd + 1st following year if I recall correctly). The Bills paid two second rounders to move up to get Allen.

Nobody came close to giving up three first round picks plus an elite level player.

Here's what he proposes. It's a lot.
  • 2021 1, 2, 4, and 5
  • 2022 1 and 3
  • RB Damien Harris
  • Sign-and-trade CB JC Jackson
  • QB Jarrett Stidham, "if they want him"
Would you do it?

Would do. The cap space we have helps deal with all those picks being lost.

I’d love to get him, but would feel bad when Caserio is hanged, drawn and quartered by Texans fans.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back